Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Stop it JWash.

No one cares that the recent poll of the NBA Players say that Demar Derozan is the best player on the team (by a good margin too).

Nope. It does not matter. *pink font*.

Not to mention that DD is in on the recruiting....

Did you hear any news of Lowry recruiting anyone? What about JV? Did he help recruit anyone? Interesting.

Maybe it's RR Demar haters who are actually Delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    who cares about a poll.

It is true that he is viewed as our best player, because he is the one given all the opportunity. that isnt too hard to see. I am certain that teams thought that Corey Magette was the best player on his team for a while as well.

And recruiting? that is a load of shit as nothing has still been proven on that front, and really, honestly, being friendly with people doesnt make you a reason to keep around. I am sure Demar is a nice guy, havent heard any reason to think otherwise, doesnt mean people are trying to make a big three with him.

Jordan was an asshole, but not a single player in the league didnt want to play with him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      i can't believe people think Derozan and Durant would be better than Durant + a good 3/D guy. hmm, didn't we just sign one of those?

I honestly have no idea what you guys are watching if you don't see that the current version of Demar Derozan is a volume shooter who really does almost nothing without the basketball in his hands.
      He does one thing well without the basketball, and that is get increasingly frustrated.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        Lowry is not westbrook, that is a plus and a minus.

DC is a great defender and great at catch and shoot threes..that is a HUGE plus for Durant as he had no one who can hit threes like Carrol, and defensively, although Durant has played with some really solid guys Carrol is borderline Great at that,

Ppat, if he continues his play from early last season, will be a very solid floor spacing big who can benefit from durant kickouts and still give him lots of room to operate.

JV is better than any center he has played with ever.

Ross has the makings of a very solid backup, Lots of good character guys with potential in depth.

And Lastly, Toronto is a bigger and better city than OKC and he could be the face of a country for the sport, and the face of his childhood favorite team.

And of course 25 or more million dollars a year.
        When you're making a pitch to Durant, you're not just bidding against OKC, you're bidding against other suitors. Pitching an aging Lowry and 2 guys who are viewed around the league as role players (for the record I think JV could be better than DeRozan with his touches) isn't going to be enough to get Durant when you've got 15-20 other teams gunning for him. Washington for example can pitch John Wall who's a perennial all-star, and Beal who's perceived as a rising star.

Not that we really a great chance of getting Durant WITH DeRozan, but I think we have absolutely no chance without him unless he's traded or packaged for an equally recognizable player (in which case you would likely still have the same cap space issue).

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          When you're making a pitch to Durant, you're not just bidding against OKC, you're bidding against other suitors. Pitching an aging Lowry and 2 guys who are viewed around the league as role players (for the record I think JV could be better than DeRozan with his touches) isn't going to be enough to get Durant when you've got 15-20 other teams gunning for him. Washington for example can pitch John Wall who's a perennial all-star, and Beal who's perceived as a rising star.

Not that we really a great chance of getting Durant WITH DeRozan, but I think we have absolutely no chance without him unless he's traded or packaged for an equally recognizable player (in which case you would likely still have the same cap space issue).
          Of course you are bidding against the league, but Demars talent level is not high enough to bring him, this "aging" lowry should have been the allstar selection when demar got in, and he was a starter last season. Lowry is a superior talent to Demar and a FAR better fit next to Durant. And a better fit than Wall, as Lowry is a very solid defender and can also shoot from outside.

Beal is a better fit at sg than Demar for reason stated many times.

But after that, WE have the young 20-10 potential Center, the young floor spacing pf, the high draftpick from NYK and Denver.

we are the ones with more youth, and we are the ones with one of the leagues best at 3pt shooting and defending last season.

Bolding your own personal opinion on the matter is not a valid counterpoint, Wall/beal is a solid pitch, but we can pitch more, without Demar.

Comment

Lowry is not westbrook, that is a plus and a minus.

DC is a great defender and great at catch and shoot threes..that is a HUGE plus for Durant as he had no one who can hit threes like Carrol, and defensively, although Durant has played with some really solid guys Carrol is borderline Great at that,

Ppat, if he continues his play from early last season, will be a very solid floor spacing big who can benefit from durant kickouts and still give him lots of room to operate.

JV is better than any center he has played with ever.

Ross has the makings of a very solid backup, Lots of good character guys with potential in depth.

And Lastly, Toronto is a bigger and better city than OKC and he could be the face of a country for the sport, and the face of his childhood favorite team.

And of course 25 or more million dollars a year.
            Highly unlikely but I like the picture you paint.

Comment

• If the Raps are going to get KD, we're going to have to make it to the championship bracket and have a competitive series, thats the bottom line.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Reason KD would want to sign here

-DD
                -JV
                -2016 NYK pick
                -city
                -drake

Btw for those of u saying demar cant play with better players

correct me if im wrong but didn't demar do a outstanding job in the USA minicamp games and his all-star game?
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• valanciunas valanciunas valanciunas

thought i'd balance things out a bit.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    Reason KD would want to sign here

-DD
                    -JV
                    -2016 NYK pick
                    -city
                    -drake

Btw for those of u saying demar cant play with better players

correct me if im wrong but didn't demar do a outstanding job in the USA minicamp games and his all-star game?
                    Usa camp thing hold less value than 13 game bargnani.

Come on people...

Demar wont work cause demar cant shoot, or defend.

And shooting and defending are the top two traits you want you off swingman next to a guy like durant

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      valanciunas valanciunas valanciunas

thought i'd balance things out a bit.
                      kd knows him as

lol
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

Come on people...

And shooting and defending are the top two traits you want you off swingman next to a guy like durant

Those are just excuses
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          There has always been arguments about them both not fitting well on the court. Russ has taken in alota heat for ball hoggin and not passing it to KD.

They've won purely based on their ultra talent. the same can't be said if Russ is replaced with DD.
                          Your replacing RW with KLow/DD
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Come on people...

You've just derailed the whole discussion by dragging DeMar into it again. I'm getting fed up with...Oh. My bad. This is the Everything Demar thread.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              DeRozan would play great with Durant, period. There's nothing that suggests he wouldn't, and plus I don't even see how you would get Durant if he's not on the team anyway.

EDIT: Unless Jonas gets legit touches this year and establishes himself as a bonafide 20-10 all-star of course. I don't think Durant would sign here to play with an aging Lowry and guys who the rest of the league considers to be role players.
                              This
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Your replacing RW with KLow/DD
                                RW = DD+KL+JV

Serge = ????
                                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X