Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    is like saying she is the hottest chick in the bar with facial hair.
    HAHAHAHAH Solid Analogy.

... But perhaps all she needs is a shave ...

Comment

• Demar's Progression

Did a quick study of Demar's numbers by month as the season went along.

MIN OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Oct
      25.5 1.6 2.2 3.8 1.3 1.1 0.3 1.4 2.5 11.9

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.15

Nov
      31.33 0.60 2.67 3.27 1.67 0.60 0.13 1.20 2.93 11.93

Points per minute 0.38, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Dec
      33.47 0.80 2.53 3.33 1.67 0.87 0.47 1.47 2.27 15.87

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Jan
      37.06 0.82 3.06 3.88 1.94 1.29 0.65 2.53 3.12 18.53

Points per minute 0.50, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Feb
      36.36 1.27 3.00 4.27 2.00 0.91 0.45 1.64 3.27 18.91

Points per minute 0.52, Rebounds per minute 0.12

March
      34.07 0.86 3.14 4.00 1.57 1.29 0.14 1.71 2.00 18.71

Points per minute 0.549, Rebounds per minute 0.117

April (small data pool)
      40.67 1.33 5.00 6.33 2.33 1.00 0.33 0.67 1.67 28.67

points per minute 0.70, rebounds per minute 0.155737705

I made a graph but I'm not sure how to post it. Anyway, the results indicate that Demar has increased him per minute scoring every month and has increased his per minute rebounding every month. The exception to these trend is that he had very high numbers in October, but this is likely due to the fact he was playing significantly less minutes. Just wanted to share.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Unfortunately his defense is still brutal for someone with his athletic gifts. Has a tough time keeping guys infront of him, not strong enough to keep guys out of the paint, continues to lose his player when they are off the ball, and is very rarely in position to effectively rebound or play help defense.

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
          Unfortunately his defense is still brutal for someone with his athletic gifts. Has a tough time keeping guys infront of him, not strong enough to keep guys out of the paint, continues to lose his player when they are off the ball, and is very rarely in position to effectively rebound or play help defense.
          I'm not saying DeRozan is a good defender by any means, but the whole argument that he can't keep his man in front of him can be said about every single guard in the entire league. I don't think his defense is brutal. I think it's still below average, and he certainly has some horrible games, but overall, his defense has improved over the season. That's the main thing. As long as I see progression, I'll give him some time.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• These stats point to the fact that he is at the threshold of being a Premier 2 guard in this league. He is a classy guy and he plays the game to his strengths, which I find to be key at this stage in his development. He plays within the team offence. He knows when to score and when to make plays. I can see the COM10KID putting up big numbers in a Raptors Jersey. I mean BIG numbers. All time Raptors Leader in points. I see him passing CB for first all time in maybe his 5th season. seriously, why not? Not taking anything away from CB, but he is a different caliber player in terms of scoring major points. If he can work on his three point shot next season and become a legit +35% three point shooter. Then he can become a top notch player in the NBA, right now he is at the threshold.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately his defense is still brutal for someone with his athletic gifts. Has a tough time keeping guys infront of him, not strong enough to keep guys out of the paint, continues to lose his player when they are off the ball, and is very rarely in position to effectively rebound or play help defense.
              -1. I disagree.
              Personally I think he is doing a fine job defending his position. Premier 2 guards in the NBA are the ones that will score upon will. Some of these guys don't play the best defense in the world either. Like my man Mark Jackson says Good D-Fence better Offence. Their job is to SHOOT hence the term Shooting Guard.We need a beast down low and that will show you COM10 kid's true value.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                -1. I disagree.
                Personally I think he is doing a fine job defending his position. Premier 2 guards in the NBA are the ones that will score upon will. Some of these guys don't play the best defense in the world either. Like my man Mark Jackson says Good D-Fence better Offence. Their job is to SHOOT hence the term Shooting Guard.We need a beast down low and that will show you COM10 kid's true value.
                Still needs to defend man. We get KILLED by opposing teams 2's, ususally dropping 3s on us. Demar gets caught up on screens easily, and can't defend on the perimeter. He needs to focus on this, and also his 3 pt shooting. He will get there one day Im sure if he keeps workin hard.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote:
                  Did a quick study of Demar's numbers by month as the season went along.

MIN OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Oct
                  25.5 1.6 2.2 3.8 1.3 1.1 0.3 1.4 2.5 11.9

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.15

Nov
                  31.33 0.60 2.67 3.27 1.67 0.60 0.13 1.20 2.93 11.93

Points per minute 0.38, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Dec
                  33.47 0.80 2.53 3.33 1.67 0.87 0.47 1.47 2.27 15.87

Points per minute 0.47, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Jan
                  37.06 0.82 3.06 3.88 1.94 1.29 0.65 2.53 3.12 18.53

Points per minute 0.50, Rebounds per minute 0.10

Feb
                  36.36 1.27 3.00 4.27 2.00 0.91 0.45 1.64 3.27 18.91

Points per minute 0.52, Rebounds per minute 0.12

March
                  34.07 0.86 3.14 4.00 1.57 1.29 0.14 1.71 2.00 18.71

Points per minute 0.549, Rebounds per minute 0.117

April (small data pool)
                  40.67 1.33 5.00 6.33 2.33 1.00 0.33 0.67 1.67 28.67

points per minute 0.70, rebounds per minute 0.155737705

I made a graph but I'm not sure how to post it. Anyway, the results indicate that Demar has increased him per minute scoring every month and has increased his per minute rebounding every month. The exception to these trend is that he had very high numbers in October, but this is likely due to the fact he was playing significantly less minutes. Just wanted to share.
                  Excellent contribution. My only disappointment is you didn't list monthly shooting efficiency. Efficiency is something I always look to immediately after the "glamour stats" like PPG.

I don't know how to analyze the scoring without FG%.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Excellent contribution. My only disappointment is you didn't list monthly shooting efficiency. Efficiency is something I always look to immediately after the "glamour stats" like PPG.

I don't know how to analyze the scoring without FG%.
                    I would have added efficiency but I was just doing a quick study from the NBA.com data. I may put something together looking at his True shooting %, PER, and effeciency if I get bored this weekend. I love Stats
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      Still needs to defend man. We get KILLED by opposing teams 2's, ususally dropping 3s on us. Demar gets caught up on screens easily, and can't defend on the perimeter. He needs to focus on this, and also his 3 pt shooting. He will get there one day Im sure if he keeps workin hard.
                      Yes, he needs to work on defense, but he's not the worst defender on the team (no names mentioned) and, as I have said, the ability to defender the perimeter is far more difficult that defending in the post. The NBA has made the rules to allow for guards to penetrate basically at will. No defender can keep his man out of the paint by himself. That's why NBA teams need great help defense in order to compete.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Yes, he needs to work on defense, but he's not the worst defender on the team (no names mentioned) and, as I have said, the ability to defender the perimeter is far more difficult that defending in the post. The NBA has made the rules to allow for guards to penetrate basically at will. No defender can keep his man out of the paint by himself. That's why NBA teams need great help defense in order to compete.
                        I agree with you there. He CAN learn to get by screens more effectively, but for year 2, he isn't that bad.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          One area of his defense I've noticed improvement is chasing his man around screens. He use to get picked off on the first one, now not so much. One on one could use some work but experience and strength should help in that regard.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            I would have added efficiency but I was just doing a quick study from the NBA.com data. I may put something together looking at his True shooting %, PER, and effeciency if I get bored this weekend. I love Stats
                            Good stuff. I love looking at the numbers too.

Comment

• http://www.hoopdata.com/splits.aspx?...eMar%20DeRozan

I had no idea this site existed. Awesome!

-Churchill

Comment

• Would You Give Up DeRozan?

A possible situation to get us out of this disgusting rut is to trade something with value. As much as I love to watch DeRozan grow as a player offensivly, his defence is underratedly poor. People are always blinded by Bargnani's terrible D to realize that DeMars isn't much better. With a huge draft with lots of hype in 2012 coming up, I think it would be best for a franchise that is scraping rock bottom to roll the dice. In my idea, we would send DeMar and possibly Alabi to a team that is week but wants to be on the rise for a package including their first rounder plus some role players.
                                Worst Case sceneario: We make a bust with the lottery pick, however we maintain our 1st rounder.
                                Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X