Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    I credit LeBron with bringing a new sense of self-respect, and appreciation for how much control players can have over their own destiny. I'm a union-guy ... what can I say ...

On many assignments, I think you have to be right about your no. 1 and 2 options. But if Demar, Kyle and JV decide they want to "make a run" here, I think they can make it happen (with Masai's help). We're not San Antonio, obviously ... but that doesn't mean we can't try to emulate their vibe and kind of roster success. With the locker-room chemistry, the draft picks, and bubbling "buzz" around the city, we may be able to assemble a roster that doesn't quite yet seem possible.

It's why I think that this season (and off-season) - Vince and CB4 and others notwithstanding - may be the most important in the franchise's history ... And why I'm suspending judgment about what is - or isn't - possible ....
    But I think some might under-estimate the significance of KL re-upping here ... to stay with Demar, right? At the time it was HUGE. And were surprised (most of us, I believe) when he quickly cancelled other meetings and signed a straight-down-the-middle deal in Toronto.

OK, so I'm optimistic. But why not?

Comment

• Players look at the organization not individual players. Otherwise Melo and Kobe would be better recruiters. Apparently LMA really wanted to see how team use analytics. Players like the Spurs style, not the individual players themselves

Comment

• I just want to wish DD a very happy birthday and here's to many more in a raptors jersey.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't think any superstar is going to come here without the combination of Lowry/DD. Like or not when you think raptors those are two names that come up. Maybe only Wiggins cause his coming home regardless.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Given the salary cap, it's pretty straightforward to determine what is or isn't possible.

The conversation is really a discussion about the pros/cons related to the types of moves that would be required to make the impossible (ie: acquiring a new #1 option) possible.

All the other superfluous fluff (akin to Krusty's 3rd nipple, to carry forward your previous metaphor) is meaningless in a salary-cap driven reality.
            My premise is only that DD and JV might "shave" their salary expectations to accommodate further roster moves. And so you might - might - trade Demarre for a pick(s), or CoJo and T-Ross (rather than Demar), say, to the end of acquiring a premier 3 or 4. Or CoJo might "prove out" and you might move KL.

Or you could move Demar.

But Masai might have more to think about than just moving Demar, no?

(Noone liked the Simpsons reference ... not even the image? Tough crowd

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Think next season will be disappointing. A .500 team with no direction either offensively or defensively. MU really screwed up regarding Casey and regardless of how well Norman Powell does, good drafting doesn't justify a completely wasted year
              You hear it hear first! Get your wallets out - and head on off to Bodog.net.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Players look at the organization not individual players. Otherwise Melo and Kobe would be better recruiters. Apparently LMA really wanted to see how team use analytics. Players like the Spurs style, not the individual players themselves
                "The players" are not something that stand apart from "the organization", I don't think, in this context.

And Kobe obscures the remainder of that organization. The rest of "the organization" falls silent when his name is mentioned in public!"

Poor Lou! Happy us!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  My premise is only that DD and JV might "shave" their salary expectations to accommodate further roster moves
                  That would great, so long as JV salary was shaved to slightly below the max, and DD's was shaved to approximately the league average salary.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    That would great, so long as JV salary was shaved to slightly below the max, and DD's was shaved to approximately the league average salary.
                    Stuff like this I really don't understand.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hahahaha

Good One Quirk...... not everyone gets your jokes but i find them hilarious! You're so silly!
                      Last edited by special1; Fri Aug 7, 2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Stuff like this I really don't understand.
                        Because you refuse to know that DD is a league average player. Which is a pretty awesome accomplishment for which he deserves to be paid millions of dollars. A league average amount of millions of dollars.

Comment

• NBA Players: His their best player

NBA coaches: His an All-Star/Team USA membet

RR posters: His league average at best

I'm going to go with the ppl that do this for a living
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

NBA Players: His their best player

Are you not able to have your own opinion?

Comment

NBA Players: His their best player

Just before you get flamed, to be fair a lot of analysts think he's league average as well. Although some also think he's a star (like BBallBreakdown for example)

Comment

Not sure what you imagine you are disagreeing with. None of that contradicts what I said. I never said he is ideally suited as a fifth starter, just that few teams have five starters that are all above average, so I could live with DeMare being the 5th highest paid member of the team, having the 5th highest usage rate and the fifth most court time. It would like it even more if we had a better 5th man, but wouldn't be too worried about it under these conditions.
                                I misunderstood your post then, My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                                X