No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey a lot of us wanted to sign Thibodeau as head coach right? Listen to this:

http://www.hoopsaddict.com/nba-audio...demar-derozan/

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      List of NBA players to average 20-4-4 on at least 53 TS% since DD was drafted (2009-10 season):

- LeBron James
      - Kevin Durant
      - James Harden
      - Stephen Curry
      - Kevin Love
      - Derrick Rose
      - Dwyane Wade
      - Russell Westbrook
      - Damian Lillard
      - Brandon Roy
      - Kobe Bryant
      - Blake Griffin
      - Joe Johnson
      - DeMar DeRozan
      - Deron Williams

DeRozan is the only player on this list never to make an All-NBA team. You know what that means for 2015-16...

#ProveEm lol
      yes, you are right, demar should be considered an equal of these guys.

Comment

Hey a lot of us wanted to sign Thibodeau as head coach right? Listen to this:

where is tibs working again?

Comment

Hey a lot of us wanted to sign Thibodeau as head coach right? Listen to this:

Thanks for finding this.

Who should we take more seriously....Tom Thibodeau or a couple RR posters?

^ I should've written that question in pink font. lol

Tom Thibodeau said "Demar's a great player, a legitimate superstar in this league."

I read arguments in this thread that we should replace Demar with a cheap volume scorer.... lol

Ya. I'm not making this up! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            Thanks for finding this.

Tom Thibodeau said "Demar's a great player, a legitimate superstar in this league."

I read arguments in this thread that we should replace Demar with a cheap volume scorer.... lol

Yeah I don't know why Thibs didn't go up there an trash Derozan

What head coach would do that?

Typical Special1 post
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DeMar DeSuperstar

Teams are running after him about to offer him a 5yr /120M contract

Lmao

This place is a seas pool

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Typical Special1 post
                Most coaches will give love to most players in the league.. just how it works. I'd be shocked if he came out and said that DD sucked.

Comment

Typical Special1 post
                  They didn't ask him about DeRozan specifically, and even if they did he didn't have to say that. He singled him out and said "he's not only a great player" (could have just said that he's a great player and been done with it) "he's a legitimate superstar in this league".

I don't actually even agree with Thibs on "superstar", but getting that kind of high praise from one of the best minds in the game does have significant merit. Doc Rivers has also given DeMar high praise on a few occasions. Nobody is paying Thibs to say that, and he doesn't say that about every player.

Comment

They didn't ask him about DeRozan specifically, and even if they did he didn't have to say that. He singled him out and said "he's not only a great player" (could have just said that he's a great player and been done with it) "he's a legitimate superstar in this league".

I don't actually even agree with Thibs on "superstar", but getting that kind of high praise from one of the best minds in the game does have significant merit. Doc Rivers has also given DeMar high praise on a few occasions. Nobody is paying Thibs to say that, and he doesn't say that about every player.
                    Okay since Thibs said it it much be true?

Derozan is a legitimate superstar right now in the NBA?

Yes or no?

Why we even going after KD since we already have our legitimate superstar according to Thibs

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      Thanks for finding this.

Are you saying that you think Demar is a legitimate superstar? If the answer to that is yes, why do you think that? You know, beyond the quote you have there. If the answer to that is no, why use that quote?

The issue here is that you won't find anyone (either in the pro-DD, anti-DD, or neutral groups) that will agree with that though based on available stats or just the plain ol' eye test. So while you're laughing at the idea that we should replace Demar with a cheap volume scorer (which, of course, ignores the actual arguments in each of those points as its about ... you know... more than that (determining how much DD is worth in comparison to players with similar stats)), you're not actually presenting any actual argument to counter it beyond "lol."

You don't have to agree with a point but if you're going to laugh the various arguments off, you gotta do more to show why the argument is wrong. There's nothing wrong with using some else's thought to supplement your argument but it can't be the whole thing.

Personally, I like DD but I am not going to be a fan of the contract that he will most likely receive as it will greatly outweigh the production that he's worth to the team plus the general team building in the future. Of course, this would be based off of what we've seen from him and what can reasonably be expected from him in the future.

And let's not forget, NO coach will ever talk about a player and vice versa. You will often hear coaches OVER sell players. Even moreso in the case of a (great) coach who currently is team-less.

Thibs for 2016-17 or whenever they let Casey go ... whichever comes first.
                      Last edited by Just Is; Sat Aug 22, 2015, 05:51 PM.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Most coaches will give love to most players in the league.. just how it works. I'd be shocked if he came out and said that DD sucked.
                        Also part of this, and part that maybe people like to overlook so that they can pretend such comments are helping to prove a point, is that the league has become more and more of a boys club and agent-driven business over the last 20-30 years.

Remember when players actually hated each other? Remember when coaches would maybe just ignore questions about other teams' players' and say stuff like "I don't care about other teams/players, my job has to do with these 12 guys" or whatever?

Coaches/players just can't be like that anymore. You couldn't risk alienating any "players" (I don't literally mean players as in the basketball players, but players in the sense of powerful key people in the league). It's pretty much guaranteed that the vast majority of the time a coach/player is asked about someone in the league, they'll not only be positive, but praise them maybe more than they deserve because it's just good politics.

Comment

• Sidenote: Thibs is still a guy I hope is in serious consideration for when Casey gets fired (it has to happen at some point, right?).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Sidenote: Thibs is still a guy I hope is in serious consideration for when Casey gets fired (it has to happen at some point, right?).
                            That's what I took from it.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Typical Special1 post
                              Typical Mack11 post.

Don't be upset.

Don't take it personal.

Comment

• What did Thibs say? can someone summarizr it for me.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X