Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Yes, DeMar is inefficient, has poor shot selection, and isn't an ideal 2-guard for this era.
    that right there.

thats all you need to say, well that and He is a bad defender.

Comment

• Is case anyone forogot

Demar's Playoff stats
      20p/6r/6a 1.5s 40FG/38FG3%

Lowry's Playoff Stats
      12p/5r/5a 1s 32FG/22FG3%

JV's Playoff stats
      11p/9r 0.3b 50FG%

If it wasnt for demarnot only would we have gotten swept but we would have lost by an average of 50

http://bkref.com/tiny/sHpIP

Only other players to put up 20/5/5/1.5 in hte playoffs the last 5 years are
      Lebron/Curry/Westbrook/Harden/C.Paul and our Demar
      Last edited by Abbas; Mon Oct 19, 2015, 12:20 PM.
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        Is case anyone forogot

Demar's Playoff stats

Lowry's Playoff Stats
        12p/5r/5a 1s 32FG/22FG3%

JV's Playoff stats
        11p/9r 0.3b 50FG%

If it wasnt for demarnot only would we have gotten swept but we would have lost by an average of 50
        Yeah, just skip over the part where he had the highest USG. Where he took 20 fgs a game to get 20 pts. Where his one supposedly elite talent, getting to the line, led to 4.3 FTA/g. He was basically an even worse version of himself, but he averaged more rebounds and assists for 4 games, so lets pretend he had a great playoffs.

Nobody had a good playoff, and trying to build up someone's legacy by pointing to that series is like trying to hide the smell of shit with garbage.

Comment

Is case anyone forogot

Demar's Playoff stats

Lowry's Playoff Stats
          12p/5r/5a 1s 32FG/22FG3%

JV's Playoff stats
          11p/9r 0.3b 50FG%

Based on...

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah, just skip over the part where he had the highest USG. Where he took 20 fgs a game to get 20 pts. Where his one supposedly elite talent, getting to the line, led to 4.3 FTA/g. He was basically an even worse version of himself, but he averaged more rebounds and assists for 4 games, so lets pretend he had a great playoffs.

Nobody had a good playoff, and trying to build up someone's legacy by pointing to that series is like trying to hide the smell of shit with garbage.
          Just to emphasize it.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

how come i never hear people say how lowry took 14-15 shots to get 12? he literally shot 21%
            If demar played the way lowry did everyone would have been calling him a bust or something
            Abbas wrote:

Comment

how come i never hear people say how lowry took 14-15 shots to get 12? he literally shot 21%
              If demar played the way lowry did everyone would have been calling him a bust or something
              It could be because no one talks about how great of a post season Lowry had. Because he didn't (playing injured or not). It's pretty much agreed on that the Raptors (as a whole) played like garbage for it.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                It could be because no one talks about how great of a post season Lowry had. Because he didn't (playing injured or not). It's pretty much agreed on that the Raptors (as a whole) played like garbage for it.
                im not saying demar had a great post season, he played awful.
                however, im just saying from our team he had the best
                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Because we know how well Lowry can play. Demar's stats are pretty much the same as how he usually plays. There also the fact that Demar and Lou were tied with the highest USG%. Just because Demar played the best on a team that collectively played like complete crap in that series doesn't mean much.

Comment

Really? Sure seems like you are.

Abbas wrote: View Post
                    Is case anyone forogot

Demar's Playoff stats

Lowry's Playoff Stats
                    12p/5r/5a 1s 32FG/22FG3%

JV's Playoff stats
                    11p/9r 0.3b 50FG%

http://bkref.com/tiny/sHpIP

Only other players to put up 20/5/5/1.5 in hte playoffs the last 5 years are
                    Lebron/Curry/Westbrook/Harden/C.Paul and our Demar
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Because we know how well Lowry can play. Demar's stats are pretty much the same as how he usually plays. There also the fact that Demar and Lou were tied with the highest USG%. Just because Demar played the best on a team that collectively played like complete crap in that series doesn't mean much.
                      Well idk how you just know ? but i sure as hell hope he can play better then the last chunk of games and post season from last 2014/15

Well if other players stepped up when it counted the most maybe we woundnt be having this conversation
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Really? Sure seems like you are.
                        no no im stating other players who averaged 20/5.5/5.5/1.5

incase u or anyone didnt get my point i'll say it in other words

Abbas wrote:

Comment

Well if other players stepped up when it counted the most maybe we woundnt be having this conversation
                          Including DD. You seem to be trying to speak out of both sides. DD was not a shining light in a pile of filth; he was a lead hog rolling in said filth.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Because everyone knows Lowry played like shit and nobody's trying to pretend he played well. He was our best player all year and a liability in the playoffs.

However, people do point to DeMar's performance like it was great, even though it wasn't. Again, he basically performed below average by his own standards (as did most of the team), but because his assists and rebounds had a nice bump (again, in just 4 games) he was phenomenal apparently. Nevermind that the numbers are also slightly inflated due to the 40 mpg he played. Per 36 it's 18.3 ppg, 5.2 apg, 5.7 rpg with only 3.8 FTAs/g, on a TS% of .463 and eFG% of .419, both lower than regular season (.510 and .426 respectively). Looks quite a bit less impressive, doesn't it?

A little bump in assists and rebounds, with generally worse play than usual in every other facet. The only other bump was to 3pt%, but he still didn't take many(.100% of attempts compared to .089% in regular season) and took the same amount of mid-range jumpers, but with even more from 16-23 ft, the least efficient range on the floor (.363% of attempts in playoffs compared to .338 in reg season). And a decrease in proportion of shots at the rim (0-3 ft) from .193% of attempts to .138%. So, he just took more bad shots and got to the rim less, where he tends to get not just buckets but earn his free throws.

He played pretty poorly in the series, but because he had any stats go up, and Lowry was playing so badly you'd think he had money on the Wizards, DeMar is suddenly a playoff hero (from a series in which the team got swept...).

Comment

no no im stating other players who averaged 20/5.5/5.5/1.5

incase u or anyone didnt get my point i'll say it in other words

Depends on how you measure. DD took 20 FGA to get his 20 PPG (40% FG%). His ORtg dropped to 96 ad his DRtg raised to 114. He was a negative on WS/48.

Best player may have been Amir; 11.5 PPG (69% FG%) and 7 RPG. ORtg of 114 at least off-sets his poor DRtg of 113. ). 0.89 WS48 was one of the best on the team.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Including DD. You seem to be trying to speak out of both sides. DD was not a shining light in a pile of filth; he was a lead hog rolling in said filth.
                                Including demar, I agree 100 percent

He should have gone to the Freethrow line way more.

however if others contributed a bit more maybe we wouldnt have been swept

Lowry - pass?
                                JV - Defense ? he didnt even average half a block
                                Tross - anything?
                                Demar - Freethrow line ?
                                Casey - Play JJ when we needed him?
                                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X