Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    lock it up.
    No point, then all of the Derozan talk will start again in one of the game threads.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      what?????

you are digging a big whole now....
      Snooch what do u consider efficient by position?

and please dont look at lowry's stat line and tell me his numbers
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        Snooch what do u consider efficient by position?

and please dont look at lowry's stat line and tell me his numbers
        Here is Raptors starting 5 shooting percentages - simple and advanced - based on 2014-15 season.

Average per position is listed as well.

You'll notice DD is terrible and Lowry is a bit below average compared to average of position

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...08&season=2014

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Here is Raptors starting 5 shooting percentages - simple and advanced - based on 2014-15 season.

Average per position is listed as well.

You'll notice DD is terrible and Lowry is a bit below average compared to average of position

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...08&season=2014
          thanks!

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Good post. Interesting considerations re FTA and TS%.
            Thanks. It is a preference though, I won't fault anyone for preferring TS% over eFG%.

This is my thought process, and anyone please jump in and add and correct.

If you do a filter for guards, GP > 50 and MPG >20, the top 10 eFG% players from last season were (in order - NBA.com)

1) Korver (67.1)
            2) Curry
            3) Redick
            4) Morrow
            5) Danny Green
            6) Jason Terry <- shot 39% from three on 4.2 attempts last year and only took 1.6 2pt/g. Ok, legit
            7) Wesley Matthews
            8) Dudley
            9) Klay Thompson
            10) Dragic (54.6)

The same criteria for TS% produces:

1) Korver
            2) Curry
            3) Redick
            4) Harden - eFG% 51.1, good for 27th in eFG%
            5) Morrow
            6) Green
            7) Chris Paul
            8) Klay Thompson
            9) Wesley Matthews
            10) Irving

Basically the difference between the two lists is Harden, Paul, and Irving are all players who have the ball in their hands a lot who drive a lot and are looking to pass. Their FG% suffers because the way they play leads to some tough shots, as well as shots of the dribble (Curry is an exception).

Looking at the eFG% list and you see names that take largely good shoots that are assisted and open. Rule off thumb I like it as an indicator of taking good shots and making good shots from the floor

************back to Everything DD***********

BTW, in this criteria, DD is 100/102 in eFG% at 42.6%. Behind notables such as Waiters, Rondo, Austin Rivers, Evan Turner, Elfrid Payton, and only ahead of MCW and Lance Stephenson. Even in TS%, DD is only 71/102 qualified players.

Moral of the story is, DD is not good at scoring the basketball from the floor. Even with his ability to draw fouls, his ability to score from the floor is in the bottom third of the league (in terms of guards). That is bad. His high usage has been elevating his basic stats to "all-star" levels, but he isn't actually producing anything of value. He is the worst volume scoring guard in the league right now.

He statistically is a worse scorer from the floor than Dion Waters and Rajon Rondo. Let that sink in DeRozan fans.

He is the worst volume scoring guard in the league. As a fact and not an opinion. You literally cannot argue that DD is good at scoring the basketball.

Comment

no need to get personal but in case ur wondering. im studying (fulltime) Actuarial(crazy hard math, search it up) and part time in business law
              If that's actually true I have no fucking idea why you're such a Derozan fanboy.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                If that's actually true I have no fucking idea why you're such a Derozan fanboy.
                I been watching him since he was in highschool, i was in middleschool

DD and KD are my two favourite players
                Abbas wrote:

Comment

• And whats wrong with being a fan of a player?
                  Abbas wrote:

Comment

And whats wrong with being a fan of a player?
                    Thats fine. He can suck and still be a favorite player of yours. Just don't try and justify that DeRozan is a good player for this team who should be due for a 14+ mil contract.

Comment

And whats wrong with being a fan of a player?
                      Nothing....until you're posting on a TEAM fan forum on behalf of a player who hurts said TEAM.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Thats fine. He can suck and still be a favorite player of yours. Just don't try and justify that DeRozan is a good player for this team who should be due for a 14+ mil contract.
                        well u dont have to respond u know
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

well u dont have to respond u know
                          The internet was designed for silent discontent

Comment

• Is demar the Stephen Harper of the raptors?
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Is demar the Stephen Harper of the raptors?
                              Heave steve!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• If the coaches select DeMar to the allstar game again, there's going to be more than a little crow for you guys to eat up.

That said, we all know that he didn't have a great year last year. We all know that he had been thrust into a role that was both above his talent level and his pay grade. The question now is how well he can adjust when that role shifts down a notch.

Will the lessons of the past help him succeed, as I tend to think. Or will they hinder, as others are convinced they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X