Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I'm getting 28% first half and 32% second half, which makes more sense since his overall usage was 30%.

As for the assists, it's good he got 6 assists, but he used 27 (!!!) possessions this game - 17 field goals, 2 turnovers, and 16 free throws. 1 assist for roughly every 5 possessions you use isn't particularly great (especially when you are scoring under a point per possession). Hopefully he can keep the drive game, the catch and shoot game, and the passing game, without relying so much on the insanely bad jump shot selection going forward. Same old song though...
    Possibly, i looked it up really quick.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      pretty close abbas
      Yeah, outside the shooting percentage, which was well under at 41%.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Great game by DeRozan! clutch too! pay that man!
        Look, DeMar was OK. But if that was an example of a great game for DeMar, we are in serious trouble.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          30.7% First Half
          32% Second Half

source
          Well then good for him making it look like his USG was lower because his approach was that much better in the 2nd half.

USG is the kind of thing you notice when someone is misusing possessions more I think. You get that negative bias where you just remember wasted opportunities.

I definitely think 30% is too high, but given there's still no structure in the offence, I don't know how much blame I can put on DeMar. There were possessions last night where our new guys from systems, Carroll and Cojo, would get the ball at the top and survey waiting for some action...and nothing would happen. They were expecting something and everyone would just stand still.

*Also according to the link you gave it's 1st-28% and 2nd-32%

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Lol You just never let off eh Snooch?
            Not necessarily wrong though.

In terms of seeing changes/improvements from last season, the offence still looks like old habits.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Not necessarily wrong though.

In terms of seeing changes/improvements from last season, the offence still looks like old habits.
              The biggest concern for me from last night's game was that when Indy started making their run midway through the 4th quarter, Toronto responded by relying on DD/KL hero-ball. Luckily they were hitting some crazy shots (some made shots from both players were still 'bad' forced shots), but that approach is going to sink them against good teams.

Toronto was most effective when they were passing the ball and efficient with their shot selection. When they went away from the inside game and turned to ISO (presumably to let 'the guys' do their thing), they nearly gave the game away. Unfortunately, it seems that both DD & KL think that they have to singlehandedly carry their team in crunch time, but their approach is counter-intuitive. Leading the team does not (or should not) equate to hero ball.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                The biggest concern for me from last night's game was that when Indy started making their run midway through the 4th quarter, Toronto responded by relying on DD/KL hero-ball. Luckily they were hitting some crazy shots (some made shots from both players were still 'bad' forced shots), but that approach is going to sink them against good teams.

Toronto was most effective when they were passing the ball and efficient with their shot selection. When they went away from the inside game and turned to ISO (presumably to let 'the guys' do their thing), they nearly gave the game away. Unfortunately, it seems that both DD & KL think that they have to singlehandedly carry their team in crunch time, but their approach is counter-intuitive. Leading the team does not (or should not) equate to hero ball.

Lowry seems like he gets doing it when Demar get really heavy into it himself. I have seen Lowry be the guy that picks his spots too, and get his guys involved.

So Lowry can flip flop either way, but its Demars norm.

We need Lowry/JV and Carroll to all play off of each other to start down the road of a truly formidable offense, which in turn, will increase our Defensive efficiency as well.

Comment

• Demar had a really good game. Everybody except JV struggled in the first half. Whose first 3 baskets were assisted by Dd. Dd played D solid the whole game. As the whole team did. In 2nd half like the all-star he is he started imposing his will. PG was guarding him for most of that half as well. They call that goal tending early in the game DD goes 8-17. Pay the man!

#ProveEm
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'm getting 28% first half and 32% second half, which makes more sense since his overall usage was 30%.

As for the assists, it's good he got 6 assists, but he used 27 (!!!) possessions this game - 17 field goals, 2 turnovers, and 16 free throws. 1 assist for roughly every 5 possessions you use isn't particularly great (especially when you are scoring under a point per possession). Hopefully he can keep the drive game, the catch and shoot game, and the passing game, without relying so much on the insanely bad jump shot selection going forward. Same old song though...
                    Or Same ol' Situation

Comment

• and the other side of the argument

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        and the other side of the argument
                        Who cares man. Haters gonna hate lol.

What matters is Masai's opinion.

Bet you he re-signs DeRozan this summer. I'm 100% confident about this.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

i was talking about the all star demar, pay the man comment

Comment

Nothing he has said or done has pointed to a different out come.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I am 100% confident he doesn't...so Tie breaker goes to me.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Nothing he has said or done has pointed to a different out come.
                                nothing he has said or done has pointed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X