No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “I feel for him. I’m with him thick and thin because every game is ‘DeMar this, DeMar that, DeMar this.’”

as long as demar is only listening to dc everything is cool. and good to see casey have his back in the media. maybe he is just a really great liar but he comes off as a very honest man. love our coach

Comment

• You know this season has been a struggle for DeMar but it may also be really good for him. He has no crutch in Andrea Bargnani to rely on. I think we forget how much Bargnani struggled at times when Bosh was sitting on the sidelines dinged up. It takes time to adjust to being the defense's primary target. I hope DeMar plays lights out from here. I haven't doubted him for a second around here. I find it difficult to turn my back on players who put as much effort as he does into bettering their game. Guys like that tend to rise to the top eventually.

Comment

• Hope so. He's looking to drive more, which makes all the difference in his game. When he doesn't do it consistently, he doesn't get calls, and when he doesn't get calls, he gets frustrated and loses confidence. As long as he keeps the drive as his go-to move instead of relying on the jumper, I think he'll continue to get better all around.

Still see issues on the D side, though. A guy with Demar's athleticism should not get beat by Carlos Delfino like that. I know it takes more time for some guys to figure out how to chase without going through every single screen than others, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before he develops those spacing instincts.

Definitely showing improvements the last 3-4 games, though.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
          Still see issues on the D side, though. A guy with Demar's athleticism should not get beat by Carlos Delfino like that.
          I think the "athleticism" part is an overrated aspect of DeMar's game. Remember the play when Delfino stripped him at half court late in the 4th quarter last night? DeMar sprinted back to commit the foul, but man, he ran slow. It's not that DeMar wasn't trying to chase Delfino, it's just that the guy is a slow-ass runner. Even when he's sprinting, he looks like he's jogging. Very low stride frequency.

Comment

• Someone duct tape some gardening gloves on his hands and have him dribble a ball all summer, everywhere he goes.

I can't handle watching that high, lopping retarded shit he does with the ball on the break. I used to love covering kids who dribble like that - so many steals.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I think the "athleticism" part is an overrated aspect of DeMar's game. Remember the play when Delfino stripped him at half court late in the 4th quarter last night? DeMar sprinted back to commit the foul, but man, he ran slow. It's not that DeMar wasn't trying to chase Delfino, it's just that the guy is a slow-ass runner. Even when he's sprinting, he looks like he's jogging. Very low stride frequency.
              You don't need to be a track star to have out of this world athleticism. When people say he's athletic they're more referring to his hops.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                You don't need to be a track star to have out of this world athleticism. When people say he's athletic they're more referring to his hops.
                When I think athleticism, I think speed, agility, quick reflexes, and hops. But you're right about DeMar's situation. "Athleticism" is 100% in reference to his hops...which again suggests it's overrated because he rarely uses it to his advantage in game situations.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Someone duct tape some gardening gloves on his hands and have him dribble a ball all summer, everywhere he goes.

I can't handle watching that high, lopping retarded shit he does with the ball on the break. I used to love covering kids who dribble like that - so many steals.
                  his dribbling isn't as bad as you say it is. You just have no other downsides on his game you can attack besides dribbling. I'd like to see you try to guard him he'd probably make you look like a pre school girl.

Comment

• “I feel for him. I’m with him thick and thin because every game is ‘DeMar this, DeMar that, DeMar this.’”
                    he's referring to guys like Nilanka and Ceez

Comment

• His dribbling is downright awful, try watching a game. And if you think he doesn't need to work on it you should look into getting a lobotomy.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Don't get me started on defense (too weak for man, too slow on zone) or shooting (LOL) either.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          his dribbling isn't as bad as you say it is. You just have no other downsides on his game you can attack besides dribbling. I'd like to see you try to guard him he'd probably make you look like a pre school girl.
                          But we're not guarding him - other NBA talent is. That is the issue. If he couldn't embarrass a Joe Blow like anyone of us then there are bigger issues than I thought.

Comment

His dribbling is downright awful, try watching a game. And if you think he doesn't need to work on it you should look into getting a lobotomy.
                            i never said he didn't need to improve on it but you make it sound a lot worse than it actually is. How the hell do you think he drives to the rim? if he couldn't dribble he wouldn't be able to drive. He can do the basics he just hasn't developed the kobe like dribbles you want to see.

Comment

Don't get me started on defense (too weak for man, too slow on zone) or shooting (LOL) either.
                              his defense was pretty bad last night but most of delfino's shots were with a hand in his face. Defino hit a couple of difficult shots and it got him going, but overall DeMar needs to get up on his man and bother him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                When I think athleticism, I think speed, agility, quick reflexes, and hops. But you're right about DeMar's situation. "Athleticism" is 100% in reference to his hops...which again suggests it's overrated because he rarely uses it to his advantage in game situations.
                                I don't know. For example, if you own a Dodge Ram, whether or not you choose use it for anything more than going to the corner store once a week still doesn't erase the fact that you own a truck. How he uses his physical gifts doesn't lessen his physical gifts. I think you should be saying you think he's overrated as a player and not that he's overrated as an athlete. I don't think anyone is overrating his athletic abilities in the media or around here. I don't see anyone claiming he's as fast as Chris Paul or LeBron James.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                i never said he didn't need to improve on it but you make it sound a lot worse than it actually is. How the hell do you think he drives to the rim? if he couldn't dribble he wouldn't be able to drive. He can do the basics he just hasn't developed the kobe like dribbles you want to see.

If it was as bad as ceez makes it out to be you'd see far more turnovers on his part. He needs work on it, no doubt, but part of what I think ceez is seeing as down right horrible is more style than substance.

Comment

Working...
                                X