Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Pascal Siakam

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Pascal Siakam

If this has already been started please merge this with the other thread. With that being said our boy made the nba rookie ladder AGAIN:

Here is an excerpt:
    "7. Pascal Siakam, Toronto Raptors

Last week: No. 7

Siakam vs. Oklahoma City’s Domantas Sabonis is a good race: both are power forwards, both have international backgrounds and attended college in the United States, and both are starters for winning teams. Sabonis has an edge in scoring and has shown 3-point range, while Siakiam gets the edge based on being in the top five in three categories – rebounding, shooting and blocks — while holding a big PER lead. It’s close to a pick-’em."

For more here is the link
    http://global.nba.com/news/kia-rooki...bacom:homepage

2. Like RDV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have a rookie thread, but I do like breaking that up.

While Siakam's numbers don't jump out at you, I very much like what he is showing. Reminds me a bit of Amir Johnson, but with a little more speed and a quicker release on his jumper.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Well deserved. Also of note, he's leading the class of 2016 in win shares (natural result of playing real minutes on an upper-echelon team). I have to admit, I kinda want them to keep rolling with him as a starter even after Sullinger's healthy; it's worth the investment as he his game is (literally) growing by leaps and bounds right now.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Well deserved. Also of note, he's leading the class of 2016 in win shares (natural result of playing real minutes on an upper-echelon team). I have to admit, I kinda want them to keep rolling with him as a starter even after Sullinger's healthy; it's worth the investment as he his game is (literally) growing by leaps and bounds right now.
    Yeah, I'm kind of conflicted with Siakam. Honestly, if he is your starting pf, getting 20+ minutes a game, you won't beat the Cavs, but it probably pays dividends for the next couple years. At the same time, if you believe he can improve enough over the next year to be a decent to good starter, there is no real reason to make a big trade to upgrade the pf spot (assuming the return is a Farried type). Best case scenario in my mind is that Siakam gets a lot of pt and learns a lot until Sully is 100% healthy then Sully and gains enough experience to be a solid player next year after sully likely leaves in free agency.

6. Like Mapko liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When Jared comes back. Siakam will be in the same situation as Powell is in now. Will get spot minutes in match up situations.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the 4 is all but filled in.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the bench 4 is all but filled in.
    Fixed
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.
    If it's more than Ross I say "Hell NO"!

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.
    So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It will definitely be more than Ross.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

16. Like Carlos Rogers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....
    Ibaka comes to mind, but there are alot of differences there. He seems quicker but not as strong, probably will never block shots like Ibaka can or did, but I imagine his role on offence on this team would be similar to Ibaka's in OKC. He really needs to have an impact defensively to solidify his role here, and his ability to guard the perimeter and switch if necessary is encouraging. But that mid range jumpshot, even if primarily limited to the baseline would help alot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.
    Yeah, this is the predicament. With Sully on a 1 year deal and no bird rights, it would be really tough to let Patterson walk with no cap space to sign another PF. But you gotta wonder what his value would be to other teams as well, and I highly doubt he doesn't get an offer in the Carroll territory at least. He is worth that for the Raps IMO, unless we get another PF via trade that can chew up 28 mins + per game and is actually better than Patterson.

20. Like RDV liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Resigning Pat is the smart move. Its the only way to get "over the cap" and frankly, thats where we need to be to play with the big boys. You can trade him later but theres no sense in letting him go for nothing, as others said you can't replace him in free agency so you might as well bring him back as a trade chip.

Or trade him this year. Either works.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

22. Like RDV, A.I, SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.
    there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Post Thanks / Like

there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information