Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Future PG

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Future PG

    Joel Embiid seemingly recruiting Kyle Lowry at the Allstar Conference at New Orleans, LO. Lowry doesn't like Casey and if we don't do well in the playoff, I see him bolting or sign a big contract with the Sixers and become their most coveted PG since Iverson. SO if Lowry bolts, which PG will take his mantle and handle the rock. Joseph or Delon. I believe Delon will be a starting caliber PG but maybe in 3-4 years of time. His still young while Joseph, his skills are diminishing. We need a veteran PG who can contribute right away. So who's available in the offseason.

    George Hill - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Darren Collison - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Patrick Mills - The most likely candidate but his skills is quite similar to Joseph
    MCW - I believe with a new scenery, he can become a great player again
    Jose Calderon - Do we need him back to bring veteran leadership

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie c-troop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rumour has it the 76ers are interested in Jrue Holiday.

    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/...n-free-agency/

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Joel Embiid seemingly recruiting Kyle Lowry at the Allstar Conference at New Orleans, LO. Lowry doesn't like Casey and if we don't do well in the playoff, I see him bolting or sign a big contract with the Sixers and become their most coveted PG since Iverson. SO if Lowry bolts, which PG will take his mantle and handle the rock. Joseph or Delon. I believe Delon will be a starting caliber PG but maybe in 3-4 years of time. His still young while Joseph, his skills are diminishing. We need a veteran PG who can contribute right away. So who's available in the offseason.

    George Hill - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Darren Collison - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Patrick Mills - The most likely candidate but his skills is quite similar to Joseph
    MCW - I believe with a new scenery, he can become a great player again
    Jose Calderon - Do we need him back to bring veteran leadership
    Good god those guys are all awful point guards except Hill. We'd be a lottery team regardless if Lowry walks
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  4. Like S.R. liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Delon isn't young.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Good god those guys are all awful point guards except Hill. We'd be a lottery team regardless if Lowry walks
    Damn, right? Give me a jersey, I'll play PG.

    I was hoping this thread would propose how to get Paul George.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What evidence is there for Embiid recruiting Lowry?

    I don't even know what Embiid's pitch would be "It's your home town, there's about a 30% chance I can play the season or over 30 minutes a game, our coach isn't Dwane Casey.... yeah"

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    What evidence is there for Embiid recruiting Lowry?

    I don't even know what Embiid's pitch would be "It's your home town, there's about a 30% chance I can play the season or over 30 minutes a game, our coach isn't Dwane Casey.... yeah"
    Embiids doin a photoshoot and Lowry walks by and gives him a handshake...Embiid grinning ear to ear goes "thats my next point guard?"
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's been 10 minutes since I saw that video and I'm getting more and more concerned....loud mouth rookie shooting off at the mouth about something that was supposed to be kept hush hush??
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie Majesiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    It's been 10 minutes since I saw that video and I'm getting more and more concerned....loud mouth rookie shooting off at the mouth about something that was supposed to be kept hush hush??
    Making it even less probable. Everyone knows about Lowry being Philly kid, so Embiid took opportunity to gather even more internet karma. Philly steaks are based on Embiid playing, they were in January (10-5), but after he got injured again they are back on track with 3-6 record in February. Any free agent coming to PHI is prioritizing money over winning right now, they are in situation that they success lies in hands of the player that played 31 out of 220 possible career games...

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm no mathlete but can't we offer the most money?

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    I'm no mathlete but can't we offer the most money?
    I'm pretty sure we're the only ones that can give him the 5th year. But then we're paying a 35 year old Kyle Lowry $30+ million which is actually scary.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Good god those guys are all awful point guards except Hill. We'd be a lottery team regardless if Lowry walks
    Just to clarify if kyle stays we are a lottery team next year

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I realllly don't think KLOE is going anywhere. We can offer a 5th year which no other team can. Over five years, and with a Derozan like discount I believe it will still be more than any other team can offer. Lowry gets so fired up when the team starts playing poorly - could you imagine how heated he will be playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids?

    Having said that, IF he were to go home the Raps would be unable to get a top tier player. I think we would still be over the cap territory.

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
    I realllly don't think KLOE is going anywhere. We can offer a 5th year which no other team can. Over five years, and with a Derozan like discount I believe it will still be more than any other team can offer. Lowry gets so fired up when the team starts playing poorly - could you imagine how heated he will be playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids?

    Having said that, IF he were to go home the Raps would be unable to get a top tier player. I think we would still be over the cap territory.
    Right now I totally give it a 50/50 and a lot of that is going to hinge on how we play from here on out. If we can somehow claw back into that 2nd seed and get to a ECF then yes I think he stays because he will have renewed his faith in this team BUT....

    Personally I don't see that happening. I think we will improve from how we've played the last 2 months with the return of Patterson and the acquisition of Ibaka but I think we're going to finish 4th because I think we're just going to look sluggish because Casey is just going to run that high PnR to death as usual and teams know that just with Pat and Ibaka knocking down some shots it should make Kyle and DeMar's shots a bit better and hence we should we some games but there will be nights where we look downright terrible too.

    Once the Playoffs hit, we keep running that same old high PnR as much as Val just pumpfakes...whistles tighten up, our guys get frustrated instead of playing harder and we're fighting tooth n nail to get through. This year though we don't have a 7th place IND that was pretty much just PG vs the Raptors it will be ATL or WAS. WAS could be just a deadly matchup because Porter will snuff out DeMar and with all that wear n tear of this season, Kyle will be gassing trying to stay in front of Wall while he blows by to pitch out to shooters who Carroll's old knees can't get to and DD is void of defence...oh least we forget WAS has been deadly at home this season besides sweeping us before. Then if we match up with ATL, even if we some how scrap by welcome to the Land, season over so where does that leave Kyle???

    Well 1st round elimination and you can bet your ass he's looking elsewhere and 2nd rd against CLE you better be able to sell the hell outta him that we're going to find a 4th good player with the remaining assets because if he wants 1st and 2nd round defeats he can get that in PHI (they will be drastically better next year just watch) except he goes home and can inspire his city. PHI will be roaring even if all they do is get to a 2nd rd BUT I think by year 3 they will be in a ECF and maybe even the Finals (if Embiid can stay healthy I'm serious) where as in TOR getting that far is just a big disappointment with him and the fans wondering how the hell they'll ever get over the hump meanwhile he's outta time.

    If I was him and I'm getting big money irregardless...one option is stay up north and possibly never really compete for a ring while you and the fanbase grow increasingly frustrated or go home and be the talk of the league while your team explodes in popularity....I think option 2 sounds a lot more appealing. So again unless really sells him on a 4th "star" to get over the hump I'm really not so sure.

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Right now I totally give it a 50/50 and a lot of that is going to hinge on how we play from here on out. If we can somehow claw back into that 2nd seed and get to a ECF then yes I think he stays because he will have renewed his faith in this team BUT....

    Personally I don't see that happening. I think we will improve from how we've played the last 2 months with the return of Patterson and the acquisition of Ibaka but I think we're going to finish 4th because I think we're just going to look sluggish because Casey is just going to run that high PnR to death as usual and teams know that just with Pat and Ibaka knocking down some shots it should make Kyle and DeMar's shots a bit better and hence we should we some games but there will be nights where we look downright terrible too.

    Once the Playoffs hit, we keep running that same old high PnR as much as Val just pumpfakes...whistles tighten up, our guys get frustrated instead of playing harder and we're fighting tooth n nail to get through. This year though we don't have a 7th place IND that was pretty much just PG vs the Raptors it will be ATL or WAS. WAS could be just a deadly matchup because Porter will snuff out DeMar and with all that wear n tear of this season, Kyle will be gassing trying to stay in front of Wall while he blows by to pitch out to shooters who Carroll's old knees can't get to and DD is void of defence...oh least we forget WAS has been deadly at home this season besides sweeping us before. Then if we match up with ATL, even if we some how scrap by welcome to the Land, season over so where does that leave Kyle???

    Well 1st round elimination and you can bet your ass he's looking elsewhere and 2nd rd against CLE you better be able to sell the hell outta him that we're going to find a 4th good player with the remaining assets because if he wants 1st and 2nd round defeats he can get that in PHI (they will be drastically better next year just watch) except he goes home and can inspire his city. PHI will be roaring even if all they do is get to a 2nd rd BUT I think by year 3 they will be in a ECF and maybe even the Finals (if Embiid can stay healthy I'm serious) where as in TOR getting that far is just a big disappointment with him and the fans wondering how the hell they'll ever get over the hump meanwhile he's outta time.

    If I was him and I'm getting big money irregardless...one option is stay up north and possibly never really compete for a ring while you and the fanbase grow increasingly frustrated or go home and be the talk of the league while your team explodes in popularity....I think option 2 sounds a lot more appealing. So again unless really sells him on a 4th "star" to get over the hump I'm really not so sure.

  18. Like Beagle liked this post
  19. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder if kyle would take the Steve Nash offer that raptors gave steve.

  20. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    9,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    I wonder if kyle would take the Steve Nash offer that raptors gave steve.
    12M a year for three years? Yeah, he did, last time. This time he's getting paid.

  21. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    12M a year for three years? Yeah, he did, last time. This time he's getting paid.
    I do not know the details off the top of my head but certainly in today's setting and the fact he is younger I am saying a substantial 5 year contract and a place with the organization. Similar percentage of the max as demar but with some protection for the team in the last 2 years and some assurance of a respected position with the organization after the 5 year deal.

  22. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    you can't be serious!?!?! why would he(Lowry) sign a max contract, his last real contract in the league to join the sixers. A team that's 4 years away from making the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference? He's not going anywhere. The second part of your question dealing with the future, Joseph's skills are not diminishing. He is who he is, a solid back up pg period!! Delon reminds me of Alvin Williams. Right now he's the next in line for the Raps at point guard position. Your list of potentials are just trash. stop it!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •