Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Demar is known to be a offseason worker as far as improving his game. Do you envision him becoming a higher percentage 3 pointer shooter as the season's progress in his career?
    he already said last off season he was gonna work on his 3 pointer. this past one was handles. his 3 point shot has definiteliy not gotten better. hes just taken more attempts from the corners (which is he good at).

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      he already said last off season he was gonna work on his 3 pointer. this past one was handles. his 3 point shot has definiteliy not gotten better. hes just taken more attempts from the corners (which is he good at).
      He also said it in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

I don't see it becoming part of his game for the only reason he's already put time and effort into it with nothing to show.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        He also said it in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

I don't see it becoming part of his game for the only reason he's already put time and effort into it with nothing to show.
        Right...but those first 2 summers were spent a lot more on his mid-range game and ability to drive (and draw fouls). His form that improved fairly quickly over that span in the mid-range did not translate to 3s, where he'd laserbeam flat shots with a very awkward form. I think it was only last season that it started to look halfway decent in every facet. And this past summer, handles were clearly the priority.

We can't bank on it improving, but I don't think we can assume it won't. It's also not like he needs to be a 40% shooter. With the other tools in his arsenal, even just 35% or so would do wonders.

*And form does matter. His first 3-4 years, his form was so bad from deep. There was no potential for improvement there with that form. Now it's closer to what a 3pt shot should look like, and that could give more potential to improve in that area.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Right...but those first 2 summers were spent a lot more on his mid-range game and ability to drive (and draw fouls). His form that improved fairly quickly over that span in the mid-range did not translate to 3s, where he'd laserbeam flat shots with a very awkward form. I think it was only last season that it started to look halfway decent in every facet. And this past summer, handles were clearly the priority.

We can't bank on it improving, but I don't think we can assume it won't. It's also not like he needs to be a 40% shooter. With the other tools in his arsenal, even just 35% or so would do wonders.
          I'll believe it when I see it.

So much pixel already spent on this.

A google search will bring up articles over last 5 summers.

My memory from Raptors game bits talking about his 3pt shot work.

Bottom line is it hasn't come.

For all the hype on his work ethic, if he doesn't have it by now, not sure how he is going to get it.

Comment

• Nah, I'm not buying into this "working on 3pt shot" anymore. He's trying to stay away from 3pt line as much as possible. Dude is avoiding 3pt shots.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I'll believe it when I see it.

So much pixel already spent on this.

A google search will bring up articles over last 5 summers.

My memory from Raptors game bits talking about his 3pt shot work.

Bottom line is it hasn't come.

For all the hype on his work ethic, if he doesn't have it by now, not sure how he is going to get it.
              Yeah, but if his shot was fundamentally flawed the first 3 summers he spent working on it, that's simply, and unfortunately, time wasted. He's only started to develop a better form the last 2 summers (I think), and in the most recent one, clearly prioritized handles over all else.

I mean, if a guy has to completely change his form to raise his potential to improve in that area, it's going to be almost like starting from scratch again. I'm not trying to make an excuse, I'm just saying it makes it harder to evaluate him in that area because, again, those early summers were in no way helpful because of the difference in form.

It's also an area where development is hard to predict. A guy who's never shown much of any positive signs in terms of developing their shot can suddenly become great at it with enough work. DeMarre Carroll is a good current example.

Comment

• He better be playing tomorrow.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                  He better be playing tomorrow.
                  He's not afraid of you. He'll come back when he's good and ready

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    He's not afraid of you. He'll come back when he's good and ready
                    LOL - are you OK? Why would he be afraid of me? :S That is the dumbest comment I have read all day.

FYI, he has been cited saying multiple times hes 100% and that he's just practicing to learn the new plays so he doesn't have to learn on the fly.

Comment

LOL - are you OK? Why would he be afraid of me? :S That is the dumbest comment I have read all day.

FYI, he has been cited saying multiple times hes 100% and that he's just practicing to learn the new plays so he doesn't have to learn on the fly.
                      What new plays? Seems we ran the same stuff when he was gone. Unless he learning how to drive into 4 guys for a floater.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        What new plays? Seems we ran the same stuff when he was gone. Unless he learning how to drive into 4 guys for a floater.
                        Apparently there are new plays for Kyle and TRoss (which no one has seen) but he needs to learn them so he's taking practice time to learn them cuz he doesn't want to learn them on the fly.

Comment

Apparently there are new plays for Kyle and TRoss (which no one has seen) but he needs to learn them so he's taking practice time to learn them cuz he doesn't want to learn them on the fly.
                          Makes sense. Ross runs DD's old plays and they make new plays for DD and JJ can use the leftovers from Bargnani. Rudy Gays old plays will be shared between the guards equally. Everyone else just chucks as they see fit.

Comment

• demar had a good game coming off injury

Comment

• 1) DeRozan is working his way back into mid season form
                              2) the Raptors are no longer sneaking up on teams like they were able to in the 2nd half of 2013-2014
                              3) Lowry has been carrying a much heavier load for much longer than he has had to at his advanced age
                              4) Casey hasn't adjusted his lineups to reflect the strengths of his opponents/weaknesses of his roster

Comment

• Is it time to trade Demar DeRozan

I will admit that I have never been a fan of Demar Derozan. I did warm up to him at the end of last season, but have never been completely sold. Also, keep in mind my view of Demar is based on his expectation of being an all-star with a $10 million per year salary. He has grown into a decent scoring threat; however, I would not consider him to be an elite scorer. He does not have the ability to take over games with his offence and it is too easy for other teams to get him off his game. He is a very weak 3-point shooter, and generally quite weak overall. He does have the ability to draw fouls, but rarely seems to have and-1's. (Someone may be able to check into this.) There is no other facet of the game in which Demar excels: he is a below average rebounder, less than stellar defender (on the ball and off the ball), poor passer, and does not seem to make his teammates better. Some may consider his salary to be reasonable, only improving his trade value.

I assume that no one wants to trade Lowry, so of the Raptor's second tier players and/or 'lifers', considering production, age, position, salary, etc., which player would you trade.
                                • Demar Derozan
                                • Jonas Valanciunas

Comment

Working...
                                X