No announcement yet.

Bargs or Bogut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this serious? Look at Bogut he's a beast. He only has injury problems, but otherwise he is a lot better than Bargnani (apart from offense, but Bogut is decent in the post).

Comment

Bogut was far and away the best player on a good Bucks team last year and was looking like the 2nd best center in the league until the injury. Even though he's fallen off a bit, he's still the man.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
        Bargnani or Bogut. Two 7 foot non-american centers. Two former 1rst picks. Who'd you rather see in a Raptor uniform?
        Bogut is a seriously injury prone player. May not last in the league for much longer at the rate he's going.

Yet I'd still take Bogut in a heartbeat.

Comment

Bogut and it's a joke to even put the 2 in the same category.

Although Bogut has missed more games I don't know if the injury prone tag is appropriate. His biggest chunk of missed games was from a freak accident, not a recurring ankle or knee issue like Josh Howard or the infamous jumpers knee a la VC.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

At Andreas age and after 5 years in the League we all know what he is and what he isn't. He isn't gonna start grabbing boards or locking down the post and he isn't ever going to be the alpha male, gimme the ball, I want to kill my opponent type of player you need to be if all you're gonna do is chuck shots.

It's a fact that players games tend to round out and get better as they enter the fabled "prime" years but very rarely, if ever, do you see a player actually change the core of his game.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              eventually potential becomes failed chances.
              I'm in the "I've given up on Andrea Bargnani" camp so I'd take Bogut.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, Bogut.

Comment

I can think of like 10 centers off the top of my head I'd take over Bargs probably another 6 or 7 if I actually thought it out.

Edit: Bogut is one of them
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I guess I'll be the first to say Bargnani. Bogut can't stay healthy. And 12 points a game? We'd be dead last offensively and could probably set a record. Sure we get good blocks and rebounds, but I'd rather get a more stable center who can put up slightly lower numbers and play many more games while playing with Bargnani. Bargnani wouldn't seem so bad if we used him properly, he is who he is.

Defence only gives you a chance to win. Offence wins games. You can hold a team to 60 points, but if you score 40 it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                      Defence only gives you a chance to win. Offence wins games. You can hold a team to 60 points, but if you score 40 it doesn't mean anything.
                      I thought the saying was:

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

Comment

Offense only gives you a chance to win. Defence wins games. You can score 100 points, but if the other team scores 120 it doesn't mean anything..

Comment

This could quite easily become a chicken and egg discussion.

Personally, both are important. To win you need both.

If you are going to rely on either one, you better make sure you are the absolute best at which ever you go with.

Comment

Working...
                          X