Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      One step closer Matt. One step closer.

Source
      lol - I wish.

Personally I think there are two options in Adelman's future:

1) coach a contender, or
      2) retirement

He is 64. The only way he returns to coach a rebuilding team such as Toronto is: if he REALLY, REALLY loves coaching and challenges, ii) believes the team can be very good sooner rather than later, and iii) is offered $4-5M or more per season.

Just my opinions but, again, I would love to have him here.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        lol - I wish.

Personally I think there are two options in Adelman's future:

1) coach a contender, or
        2) retirement

He is 64. The only way he returns to coach a rebuilding team such as Toronto is: if he REALLY, REALLY loves coaching and challenges, ii) believes the team can be very good sooner rather than later, and iii) is offered $4-5M or more per season.

Just my opinions but, again, I would love to have him here.
        I would be happy with Adelman, although I wonder if he will get some burn from the Lakers with PJackson going. He would be open to that before coming here since he went to Houston thinking he had McGrady and Yao.

Comment

Can we Pounce on Adelman?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6384752

Is it realistic that we can sign him? I would throw all kinds of money his way if I were BC.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            I would be happy with Adelman, although I wonder if he will get some burn from the Lakers with PJackson going. He would be open to that before coming here since he went to Houston thinking he had McGrady and Yao.
            I would be estatic with Adelman.

However, not only do I think he would he be more open to coaching the Lakers before coming here, he would probably be more open to many other teams as well.

Comment

They are talking about him getting the LA job and chance at rings. Do you really think he will come to Toronto and play with a team full of scrubs, no talent players !!! Get Real People

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                They are talking about him getting the LA job and chance at rings. Do you really think he will come to Toronto and play with a team full of scrubs, no talent players !!! Get Real People
                Do you even read the comments in the threads?

Why do you post on a Raptors forum with comments such as "team full of scrubs, no talent players !!!" ?

Yet, interesting enough, in other threads you sing the praises of a player (Bargnani) on this team - that is supposedly full of scrubs and no talent players?

I really am confused by the purpose and intentions of the postings on RR.

Comment

Relax Pal, you are losing it again. I am Raptor fan as much as you are. I did read the comments and I am just adding my personal opinion to it. I never said AB is a star or anything close to one.

AB is at best a 3rd option in a good team and he is getting paid like ONE ( 8.5 million a year).
                  DD is at best ( right now and probably will be in future) a good starter in this league ( Jason Terry Kind of Player).

This is young team but nothing to be super excited about which has tone of talent and ... This is not Memphis or a Clippers and I dare to say Indiana !! Those teams have some nice young talents that gets the Coach excited to take a risk but not Raptors.

That being said, add that coming to Toronto, Hockey town and all ...

Comment

Relax Pal, you are losing it again. I am Raptor fan as much as you are. I did read the comments and I am just adding my personal opinion to it. I never said AB is a star or anything close to one.

AB is at best a 3rd option in a good team and he is getting paid like ONE ( 8.5 million a year).
                    DD is at best ( right now and probably will be in future) a good starter in this league ( Jason Terry Kind of Player).

This is young team but nothing to be super excited about which has tone of talent and ... This is not Memphis or a Clippers and I dare to say Indiana !! Those teams have some nice young talents that gets the Coach excited to take a risk but not Raptors.

That being said, add that coming to Toronto, Hockey town and all ...
                    One thing you can always be certain of is my composure. Telling me to relax is unnecessary and the references of 'pal' is once again wreaking with arrogance and obnoxiousness.

With that said, valid points on Bargnani.

As was mentioned in a comment there is no doubt there are many other teams Adelman would pick before TOR - TOR would most likely not even be considered.

Difference between Memphis, Clippers, and Indiana is up until this year neither team has made the playoffs since 2006. That gives them 2 extra years of building to get to where they are and rightfully considered a better option for just about any coach over Toronto. As an aside, Indiana is in a really good position financially as well with only $34.8M committed to salaries next season.

Comment

One thing you can always be certain of is my composure. Telling me to relax is unnecessary and the references of 'pal' is once again wreaking with arrogance and obnoxiousness.
                      Ok, what ever you say PAL

Comment

Replacement for Triano

Thoughts?
                        Deadallus

Comment

DeMar DeRozan is absolutely nothing like Jason Terry. It's like saying Joakim Noah is a Dirk Nowitzki kind of player.

On a side note, Indiana had the worst attendance in the league and are bleeding money. Yeah, coaches want to go there over Toronto.

The Raptors look to have the same sort of set up as the Rockets. Just a bunch of pieces with no real all-stars. Obviously the talent isn't on par but a good selection at the draft, a solid free agency and a trade could have them in a solid position where any coach can make an imprint on the club. If Adelman wants a team he can mold his way then the Raptors are a good candidate.

Comment

...Personally I think there are two options in Adelman's future:

1) coach a contender, or
                            2) retirement

He is 64....
                            Good points - see his quote:
                            "I had three experiences [before Houston]," he said. "At two, I had a lot of talent and at one, I didn't. I won at two places and didn't win at the other. I figured it out that talent is pretty important, ..."

Thought someone else said that talent is a big factor.....
                            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

funny cause in my player mode in 2k11. My player is a pg for the raptors and they fired JT and hired rick adleman. Very ironic

Comment

Funny. Every rendition of the game for the past three years has had the Raptors with a trainer(can't remember, could be a scout) making like $7-8M/yr for two-three years which blows the staffing budget and prevents you from getting rid if Jay for anybody better or equal to him. You always need to wait for that other guy's contract to expire first... Which takes like two or three seasons. It's like somebody at 2K hates the Raptors fans and put in this little jab to spite them. No other team in the game has such a handicap as far as I know. Off topic. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X