NBA Team in Montreal: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Team in Montreal: Part 2

I just received an answer from the Montreal Mayor. Couple weeks ago I send them a letter concerning the possibility of a team in Montreal. Here is what they answered me:

''Nous comprenons votre intérêt pour ce sport, intérêt probablement partagé par un certain nombre d’amateurs. Par contre, la Ville de Montréal n’a, du moins pour le moment, aucunement l’intention de participer au financement d’un tel projet ni, non plus, d’en faire la promotion. Cependant, nous maintenons un esprit d’ouverture envers tout promoteur privé intéressé par la venue d’une équipe de basketball.''

Wich means: ''I understand your passion for this sport, probably shared with a lot of others. But as for now, the City of Montreal as no intention to make this project. However, we maintain an open mind to everybody who would be interested in such a project.''

Sorry for the probably not so good translation... But what I want to say to you is that if we really want a team in Montréal, it would take more than one person to pressure for it. So don't be scared to send messages to them . Thanks for reading.

Screw Montreal, Screw Quebec, screw the BLOQ - I crap on that entire province of separatist haters.

I would sooner see a franchise in Dump water FLORIDA than subject NBA players to the misery that befalls all English Speaking people who go to that place. They would drag the image of Canada down.

The entire province is filled with Money grubbing anglo-biggots trying to pry dollars out of every other province because they are so special and deserve special treatment for being marginalized for their different language.

They don't deserve a team nor will they ever get one - NBA players would not go their. They would all become Steve Francis on draft night... and I would not blame them one bit.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
      Screw Montreal, Screw Quebec, screw the BLOQ - I crap on that entire province of separatist haters.

I would sooner see a franchise in Dump water FLORIDA than subject NBA players to the misery that befalls all English Speaking people who go to that place. They would drag the image of Canada down.

The entire province is filled with Money grubbing anglo-biggots trying to pry dollars out of every other province because they are so special and deserve special treatment for being marginalized for their different language.

They don't deserve a team nor will they ever get one - NBA players would not go their. They would all become Steve Francis on draft night... and I would not blame them one bit.
      I sense that Quebec may not be your favourite province.

I'd be thrilled to see a team there, but there's no chance in hell it would happen before Vancouver, Seattle, Las Vegas, Kansas City, etc... and there are probably others.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        I sense that Quebec may not be your favourite province.

I'd be thrilled to see a team there, but there's no chance in hell it would happen before Vancouver, Seattle, Las Vegas, Kansas City, etc... and there are probably others.
        Las Vegas LOL, players would be up all night at the strip clubs making it rain and gambling their millions, thats why its not happening there
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

When you lose a hockey team and a baseball team, you can't be dreaming about a basketball team.

Comment

The day they lose their hockey team, there will actually be a basketball team in MTL...

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              The day they lose their hockey team, there will actually be a basketball team in MTL...
              And by this you must mean never. The Habs are the Yankees and Lakers of hockey... I think Hotshot meant the Nordiques though.

Comment

My translation of that response, was that city has little interest in promoting the growth of the sport in the city financially otherwise. But if a private individual(s) came to them, they'd be open to the possiblity.

In otherwords, not a chance. They'd need at least 10 Quebec players before there'd even be a possibility right now there, are two Quebec players right now with a possibility of two more joining shortly. (Joseph and Birch).
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I think Montreal would definitely support an NBA team. It would quickly become a favourite spot on the NBA curcuit. The club and party scene is unreal and pretty much nothing like anywhere else in the US or Canada. The only problem it would encounter is players not warming to the idea of playing there - so now, it wouldn't be only a tax issue, or a weather issue, the language issue also comes to the forefront. Most who have gone to the MTL know that you can get around with ease. Language is never really an issue. Pretty much everyone there speaks english. To the close-minded American kids, all they would see is a foreign country and foreign language. Hell, there are Americans that think the majority of Torontonians speak french, and Toronto has become a place where a lot of players love to visit, but dislike to stay to play.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                    Las Vegas LOL, players would be up all night at the strip clubs making it rain and gambling their millions, thats why its not happening there
                    You can do that in any city - strip clubs and gambling. There were concerns that players would not be able to play in New Orleans because of the party scene.

Vegas wouldn't be getting a franchise because of the easy access from Mobster and Gambling kingpins to actual players (point shaving/throw games). Stern would want betting on the NBA illegal/outlawed in Nevada before a franchise is placed there. And since that's not gonna happen, Vegas will probably never be awarded a franchise.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

Wow. Not sure what to say to something so ridiculously hateful and ignorant.
                      Suppose there's nothing to say to someone who has their head so unbelievably far up their own ass...

Comment

Working...
                      X