No announcement yet.

Demar Jordan (The Progression of Demar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Jordan (The Progression of Demar)

Derozan's Game in his second year is a clear indication on what guys game he's modeling after.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjY27nIaEU Derozan 30 pts -- 21 yrs old

Michael Jordan 35 pts - 22 yrs old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-Z5z9p1dA

... This thread is not going to go well.

Comment

I really like what this young man has turned into. So now that we have a bonifed player, what do you say 1 maybe 2 more seasons before he wants the hell out of Toronto? why does this always have to happen it upsets me so much.

Comment

Well hopefully the league fixes the problem through the new CBA. I think everyone is aware of it. I think the impact this new trend has had on cities like Cleveland is to the magnitude that something needs to be done and will be done. I've heard the rumors about the "franchise tag" being brought in. Also a hard cap would go a long way. Even in the current setting, the setup is such that DeMar is better off playing his first two contracts in Toronto. He won't be gone in anytime soon.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
          I really like what this young man has turned into. So now that we have a bonifed player, what do you say 1 maybe 2 more seasons before he wants the hell out of Toronto? why does this always have to happen it upsets me so much.
          What upsets me is the fatalist attitude of some fans who think that any good American player is simply going to want to leave Toronto. Bosh and Vince both left for reasons that had nothing to do with the city and everything to do with the direction and performance of the team. Stoudemire left because of his allegiance to Isiah, who had been forced out, and McGrady left because he wanted out of the shadow of Vince.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

why cant a player be compared to past players who were slightly similar to them that AREN'T the greatest player of all time?!?

Comment

While I like Derozan, there's a huge difference between his 30 point game against the John Wall Wizards, and Jordan's 35 pt game against Dr. J and Barkely (I'm also assuming Moses Malone might've still been here on this team).

But yeah, I like his progression too.

Comment

moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
                Derozan's Game in his second year is a clear indication on what guys game he's modeling after.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjY27nIaEU Derozan 30 pts -- 21 yrs old

Michael Jordan 35 pts - 22 yrs old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-Z5z9p1dA

A bit of a stretch comparing him to jordan, don't you think?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  What upsets me is the fatalist attitude of some fans who think that any good American player is simply going to want to leave Toronto. Bosh and Vince both left for reasons that had nothing to do with the city and everything to do with the direction and performance of the team. Stoudemire left because of his allegiance to Isiah, who had been forced out, and McGrady left because he wanted out of the shadow of Vince.
                  You are correct. DeMar seems to like toronto he'll be here awhile trust me guys.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Well hopefully the league fixes the problem through the new CBA. I think everyone is aware of it. I think the impact this new trend has had on cities like Cleveland is to the magnitude that something needs to be done and will be done. I've heard the rumors about the "franchise tag" being brought in. Also a hard cap would go a long way. Even in the current setting, the setup is such that DeMar is better off playing his first two contracts in Toronto. He won't be gone in anytime soon.
                    A hard cap would be great, as long as they would be able to prevent all those up front bonuses the NFL was giving away.

Comment

I think getting the players to agree to something very close to the NFL agreement would be a huge win for the owners. I'm not sure if they can pull off something where the players get absolutely nothing guaranteed in their contracts.

Comment

That #23 is skinny. Can he add weight and strength without losing athleticism? Sign him up!

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                          That #23 is skinny. Can he add weight and strength without losing athleticism? Sign him up!
                          It was one good game. Don't go all crazy all over him saying things like "he's the next Harold Miner"

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Well said.

Comment

DeRozan is not 2% of the player Jordan was. If Jordan cam out of retirement right now he'd be more productive than DeRozan. If DDR was a useful player he'd be carrying the Raps on his back and producing wins. He isn't doing that. Just look at the Raps' record.

Comment

Working...
                              X