Samuel Dalembert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Grizz are going to match anything Gasol is offered. They'd be crazy not to.
    Considering how much they're already paying out to Gay and what they'll be extending Randolph for, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Gasol go if the cost gets too high. Especially considering they are losing money hand over fist.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TO all the people who think Dalembert would be a good idea, you do realize the guy is going to be 30 at the start of next season, right? The team isn't going to be be contending for anything anytime soon, so what exactly is the point if signing a guy who might make the team slightly better in the short term, when wins are probably the least thing they should worry about.

If the Raptors sign someone thing summer, they should be looking at two things. Could he be part of the long term solution of the team, and will his trade value go up, or at the very least, not go down. In both those cases, the answer is no with Dalembert.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        TO all the people who think Dalembert would be a good idea, you do realize the guy is going to be 30 at the start of next season, right? The team isn't going to be be contending for anything anytime soon, so what exactly is the point if signing a guy who might make the team slightly better in the short term, when wins are probably the least thing they should worry about.

If the Raptors sign someone thing summer, they should be looking at two things. Could he be part of the long term solution of the team, and will his trade value go up, or at the very least, not go down. In both those cases, the answer is no with Dalembert.
        What he said.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Considering how much they're already paying out to Gay and what they'll be extending Randolph for, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Gasol go if the cost gets too high. Especially considering they are losing money hand over fist.
          I would be given that everything I've read suggests the last thing they're doing this summer is letting him go.

A league source cognizant of the Grizzlies' strategy said Memphis intends to "do what it takes" to retain Marc Gasol, a restricted free agent after the season. "He's the No. 1 priority," the source said.
          Source: FanNation.com

As for Marc Gasol, I'm told there is zero chance Grizzlies let him go. Plan is to match any offer sheets.
          Source: Alan Hahn's Twitter Page

Comment

PLEASE stop this madness, Dalembert is playing good of late but only because his contract is up at the end of this season, remember 4 years ago he was grabbing 10 boards and 10 points a game , he got a huge contract and hasn't lived up to his potential.

I don't think his heart is for the love of the game but rather the bigger contract, plus there has been attitude problems in the past with him. I know he is Canadian but that should not be the reason why we sign him. PLEASE stop the madness on this talk of him.

Comment

I would be given that everything I've read suggests the last thing they're doing this summer is letting him go.

Source: FanNation.com

Source: Alan Hahn's Twitter Page
              I think Memphis is HOPING they don't lose him, and saying the right things might make teams think twice about offering him a contract, but I just have a hunch that if someone overpays Gasol, they won't match. They're struggling in attendance and losing money and will already have a couple of 8 figure contracts. Again, it's just a hunch.
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

There's a new CBA coming. You're assuming a lot. I'll take their word for it because if they want to win it makes sense that they need to keep him. Not to mention they have no candidate to fill his shoes and few avenues to find an answer to him being removed from the equation.

Also, between Jaric and Battier they have $15M coming off the books. What is Randolph's deal worth next season? I'm thinking significantly lower than the $18M he's making this season.

Also, I know this is old but I can't find anything to support your claim that they're losing money:
                Not only do they still have scouts, but the Grizz are reportedly making a nice chunk of change from their woeful operation: “For that [team owner Michael Heisley] is unapologetic, especially given several other owners have privately sought his advice. ‘We’re definitely in the top third of the teams in the league (in terms of the bottom line),’ Heisley said. ‘It’s because we’ve watched our expenses and we have the support of a good, hard-core group of people. We’re going to survive no matter what. But we cannot compete salary-wise with places like Los Angeles and Cleveland. Some of my worst financial losses came during those (playoff) years. You can’t sustain that.’”
                Source: SlamOnline.com

They should have a cap number lower than this season..

I know Stern came out a couple years ago and said half the league needed a loan to cover operation costs. I'm assuming based on this the Grizz weren't one of those teams. Recently he came out again and said half the league was losing money...

Comment

let's see:

30 years old
                  bad character
                  bad attitude
                  cancer to team chemistry
                  whiner

yeah awesome idea

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                    NO, No, and no. We're good.
                    I'm no advocate for Dalembert, but I was wondering what you meant by that. We're good? Really?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

The Grizz are going to match anything Gasol is offered. They'd be crazy not to.
                      Apollo, the Grizzlies can't match a front-loaded contract between $11-12 m ($11+10+9+8+7 = $45m or $12+11+10+9+8 = $50 m because they are close to the luxury tax level (The 5 year contracts of $85 m and $45 m handed to Rudy Gay and Mike Conley respectively and the fact that Zach Randolph is due for a pay day puts Memphis Grizzlies in a tough position with the team barely making the playoffs each year imo).

Comment

They have $15M coming off the books just in two players. No way Zach Randolph is getting anything close to $18M/yr on an extension and so they will have space.

Right now, without Randolph's extension on the books they're coming in at $36M for next year. Let's say he gets what Boozer got and so it starts him out at $14M, that places them in at $50M for next year. That's well below a luxury tax threshold which may not even exist in after June 30th. That's $8M below the current salary cap and nearly $20M below the current luxury tax, which they're currently over by less than $1M. Also keep in mind that they don't have a 1st rounder this year and so there is no guaranteed contract to factor in there.

Comment

Also, I know this is old but I can't find anything to support your claim that they're losing money:
                          Source: SlamOnline.com

They should have a cap number lower than this season..

I know Stern came out a couple years ago and said half the league needed a loan to cover operation costs. I'm assuming based on this the Grizz weren't one of those teams. Recently he came out again and said half the league was losing money...
                          Hadn't heard any of that. I hate Michael Heisley.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The fact that you hate someone doesn't make their words untrue.
                            • The Grizzlies will have space under the cap.
                            • It seems as though they're profitable.
                            • Marc Gasol is a very important piece to their team and it would be devastating to lose him.
                            • There is a source citing the Grizzlies will match any offer.

That's a lot of pointers to him staying in Memphis, why be head strong against it?

Comment

Smushmush = wrong, Apollo=right. Next year the grizzlies are LUDICROUSLY FAR under the cap, let alone the luxury tax. They can absolutely re-sign Gasol if they want to. Front loading the contract will do exactly nothing.

Comment

The fact that you hate someone doesn't make their words untrue.
                                • The Grizzlies will have space under the cap.
                                • It seems as though they're profitable.
                                • Marc Gasol is a very important piece to their team and it would be devastating to lose him.
                                • There is a source citing the Grizzlies will match any offer.

That's a lot of pointers to him staying in Memphis, why be head strong against it?
                                I wasn't denying your argument. Just stating a fact that had nothing to do with our discussion. I'm from Vancouver, remember.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X