Raptors almost as good as Heat against playoff teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors almost as good as Heat against playoff teams

This is just a rough look, and I might be off a bit, but here are Toronto's wins against playoff bound teams (not counting Indiana).

Orlando
    Philadelphia x2
    Boston
    OKC x2
    Dallas
    Chicago
    New Orleans
    (9 total wins)

Here are Miami's wins against playoff teams (not including Indiana).

Orlando x2
    Philadelphia
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    NY Knicks
    Portland
    OKC
    LA
    Memphis
    San Antonio
    Denver
    (12 total wins)

Just some food for thought.

oops... missed a Philly win for Miami.

13 total.

Comment

Heat are pathetic.

Comment

They beat Orlando twice, so that's a good sign for the Heat. And most of the playoff bound teams they beat are in the East. They only need to win 4 games against the West to win a championship. But yeah, 12 is pretty ridiculous, or is 9 on our side pretty ridiculous?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          They beat Orlando twice, so that's a good sign for the Heat. And most of the playoff bound teams they beat are in the East. They only need to win 4 games against the West to win a championship. But yeah, 12 is pretty ridiculous, or is 9 on our side pretty ridiculous?
          Both are horrible. At least the Raptors do not have 3 max contract players.

Comment

Another crazy thing is that the Raptors other 10 or so wins are mostly from the bottom feeders... Clips, Minne, NJ, Wash x2 and Cleveland x2. They only have three wins again middle of the pack teams like Houston ect...

Just seems strange.

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
              This is just a rough look, and I might be off a bit, but here are Toronto's wins against playoff bound teams (not counting Indiana).

Orlando
              Philadelphia x2
              Boston
              OKC x2
              Dallas
              Chicago
              New Orleans
              (9 total wins)

Here are Miami's wins against playoff teams (not including Indiana).

Orlando x2
              Philadelphia
              Atlanta
              New Orleans
              NY Knicks
              Portland
              OKC
              LA
              Memphis
              San Antonio
              Denver
              (12 total wins)

Just some food for thought.
              What's the time frame on this? Shouldn't both these teams have played playoff teams more than that?

If it's correct then I think is says far more about a team touted a contender than a team with horrible defense and ranked 5th last in the standings. I hope the Heat train wreck in round one. It's pretty bad when a collection of d-bags have me rooting for the Celtics... I can't stand the Celtics.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                What's the time frame on this? Shouldn't both these teams have played playoff teams more than that?

If it's correct then I think is says far more about a team touted a contender than a team with horrible defense and ranked 5th last in the standings. I hope the Heat train wreck in round one. It's pretty bad when a collection of d-bags have me rooting for the Celtics... I can't stand the Celtics.
                You got no love for the Bulls? They seem to be the least douchey out of the East.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

It's not that I don't appreciate what they're doing, it's just that I know the playoffs is a different beast and I am seriously doubting their readiness to meet the Celtics in the Eastern Finals.

Rose can't guard his shadow but is a prolific scorer. Rondo is a lock down defender and one of the faster guys in the league and can do a little of everything. Rondo is the best player in that series if they meet and I'm putting my money on the Celtics because of that and the supporting cast. I would be happier seeing the Bulls beat the hell out of both the Heat and the Celtics. I just wanted to get that on record.

Comment

Sorry... not correct. Here is the new list. Still not all that impressive.

Orlando x2
                    Philadelphia x2
                    Atlanta x2
                    New Orleans
                    NY Knicks x2
                    Portland
                    OKC
                    LA
                    Memphis
                    San Antonio
                    Denver

Comment

hahaha it does seem strange.
                      The Raps seem to try harder when playing elite teams, when playing bottom feeders, even if they dont try, theyre just good enough to win, and thats what irks me. If they play with the same drive when playing elite teams every single game, the outcome of the season may be different. Like i always say, effort is the key for this team.

Comment

Btw thats completely wrong, the heat have 19 total wins against playoff teams, i don't know if the OP can count or if he knows whose actually in the playoffs

76ers x2
                        Magic x2
                        Knicks x2
                        Hawks x2
                        Pacers x2
                        Lakers x2
                        Blazers
                        Grizzlies
                        San Antonio
                        OKC
                        Denver
                        Hornets

It's 18 wins. In comparison Lakers have 23 wins. Raptors also have a 8-33 record against plus .500 teams.

Comment

@biggie10 Yeah totally true. Bad counting on my part. I did say that I omitted the Pacers because they suck.

Please stay calm about the original mistake. I said it was rough.

Comment

its all good , just raptorsfan4life was bustin my balls about this

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              hahaha it does seem strange.
                              The Raps seem to try harder when playing elite teams, when playing bottom feeders, even if they dont try, theyre just good enough to win, and thats what irks me. If they play with the same drive when playing elite teams every single game, the outcome of the season may be different. Like i always say, effort is the key for this team.
                              call me an optimist, but i see it as a good sign... they have the talent to compete with the upper echelon teams, but lack the maturity to bring it every night regardless who they play..

they're a young team... they'll learn to bring it every night.. as soon as they realize call of duty every friggin day won't get you paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X