No announcement yet.

Franchise Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't know who the next franchise player is until that player carries us deep into the playoffs and is noticeably an effective leader on and off the court. It could be DeMar in the future, but he has to develop that killer instinct and clutch factor.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      James Johnson!
      i'm with you
      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

multipaul wrote: View Post
        james johnson!
        yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Franchise Player is who the team whats it to be. Heck, if they decide to make Alabi the franchise player, they can rebuild around him.

And thats how it is with Bargs now. Like it or not, he is the franchise player and if you dont think so, then you are not watching the games. Whether or not he is capable, he is the franchise player as of the moment. I personally dont agree. A franchise player should be able to win you games, through his hardwork, determination, vocal presence and of course, above average abilities. Im hoping Demar eventually turns into all these. He has the abilities, he has the drive, and hopefully he'll develop the voice and attitude. Nash is one of the nicest and soft spoken guys in the league but he commands respect. Hopefully Demar becomes just like that.

IMO, every team needs a franchise player. That Detroit Pistons team was Big Ben's team. They offered him the biggest money to extend his stay with the team, but he went to Chicago instead, but that gesture from the Pistons clearly stated that he is the focal point of their team. And who got the biggest contract right after Bosh left? I dont like Bargs as our franchise player but sadly, he is what we have right now.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            Lol this is deja vu. I was just playing My player mode on nba 2k11 and i'm a PG for the raptors and they kept feeding me the ball and i hit around 7 3's against orlando shooting 100% from behind the arc. Too bad we played shit D and lost the game.
            lol thats what u get when Bargnani guards Dwight
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Bargnani should be at best your 3rd best player. Right now he is their best player and the team sucks. Demar can be a franchise player but it will be at least another two years where he gets closer to his true potential. Jose should be no better than a teams 5th best player and statistically he is the teams 3rd best this year.

I had a little fun tracking the top 100 players in the eastern conference ranking them by their value added statistics (doesn't really include defense). The Raptors have 6 players in the top 100. In order Bargnani, Amir, Jose, Demar, Barbosa, Ed. Demar also has the worst PER of the top 50 players. Those aren't a top 6 on a great team so move them around and plug in the holes.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Bargnani should be at best your 3rd best player. Right now he is their best player and the team sucks. Demar can be a franchise player but it will be at least another two years where he gets closer to his true potential. Jose should be no better than a teams 5th best player and statistically he is the teams 3rd best this year.

I had a little fun tracking the top 100 players in the eastern conference ranking them by their value added statistics (doesn't really include defense). The Raptors have 6 players in the top 100. In order Bargnani, Amir, Jose, Demar, Barbosa, Ed. Demar also has the worst PER of the top 50 players. Those aren't a top 6 on a great team so move them around and plug in the holes.
                I agree with Bargs being a 3rd option, i think he can even be a 2nd, but the team sucks because everyone sucks. From the players to the coaches to the trainers. No consistency, no stability. Each player may be good in their own right, but there's no cohesiveness and stability at the moment.

Im giving Demar next year to assert himself and at least make it known that he is or will soon be an all-star. Hopefully, the trainers do a better job on him, teach him the ways of defense and passing and not concentrate on his scoring skills.

Comment

Working...
                X