You wanna know the deal with JuJu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
    In what world does an athlete get to tell the Coach he will not go into a game? He should be punished immediately. And not even sit on the bench for the rest of the season. I agree he seems to have been mistreated with no real reason why. But what quality franchise would allow something like this to happen? Hopefully not ours.
    In what world, does a coach bench a player and give a player lots of DNP-CDs when that player brings exactly what the team is lacking? Answer that question .

Comment

he doesnt have a right to be angry but i can see where he is coming from, in a contract year you need to make yourself appear valuable, the loss of minutes could translate to playing in europe....or not at all

Comment

Wright is done in the NBA and everybody knows it, that's why he's pissy like a 12 year old girl. Enjoy the D-league. No team will sign him after this. If I was Triano, I would put him in street clothes for the rest of the season and NOT buy him out... don't give him the satisfaction.

Comment

Ughh has everyone forgotten that Julien Wright can't hit a jump shot? We Raptors fans love guys like Reggie and Wright who gives 100% but can't give anything back at the other end. I understand he is upset about what's going on with his playing time, he is in a contract year, but he hasn't come close to deserving minutes. Especially iwth Johnson getting shipped in. Weems is a bench guy and Wright is a third string who plays sometimes. Today was one of those times and he gets paid nearly 3 million this year to do what his coach asks him to do. He has absolutely no right to say no to his coach. If there is an issue he needs to talk to Triano in his office like a man and work things out. I have no respect for someone who refuses to do their job, I don't care how frustrated they are. If you have a beef with someone, then talk about it behind closed doors, don't cry about it on the bench. This stuff should never have leaked out, we shouldn't know about these kinds of player issues.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            Ughh has everyone forgotten that Julien Wright can't hit a jump shot? We Raptors fans love guys like Reggie and Wright who gives 100% but can't give anything back at the other end. I understand he is upset about what's going on with his playing time, he is in a contract year, but he hasn't come close to deserving minutes. Especially iwth Johnson getting shipped in. Weems is a bench guy and Wright is a third string who plays sometimes. Today was one of those times and he gets paid nearly 3 million this year to do what his coach asks him to do. He has absolutely no right to say no to his coach. If there is an issue he needs to talk to Triano in his office like a man and work things out. I have no respect for someone who refuses to do their job, I don't care how frustrated they are. If you have a beef with someone, then talk about it behind closed doors, don't cry about it on the bench. This stuff should never have leaked out, we shouldn't know about these kinds of player issues.
            Good post.

I still wish the season was done. I want to try and remember the positives but games like that make it very difficult. It isn't even like we played the Lakers or Celtics or another tough, gritty, playoff bound team. Golden State beat us everyway imaginable and they are the exact opposite of what was described in the previous sentence. That is tough to take.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              he was this team best SF until JJ got brought in. He is now this teams 2nd best SF. He is the teams best perimeter defender. He worked hard night in night out. He has had one of the most positive contributions to the team when given an opportunity to play. None of those things resulted in him getting playing time.

I don't care if he can't hit a jumper. I don't care if he is in a wheelchair with the brakes jammed, if he is going to positively effect this team, he needs to play.

.... and then to not give him a chance earlier in this game to help do something to stop GS, but only offer him minutes when the game is out of reach? Thats just a god damn insult.

Comment

In what alternative universe is an employee allowed to publicly disobey a request/order by his boss ...and this is found to be acceptable (committing a crime excepted)???? He is getting paid right? These are grounds for getting fined imo. Come to think of it that game last night was a crime. After watching some of the MM tournament the Rap game was a disgrace in terms of effort. ANd they get paid big bucks for it. ANd I am getting a bit tired of JT's lame bs remarks post game. I 'd rather he just came to the podium and say "I dont want to talk about this game" and leave. Dont know which was worse/more embarrassing this game or Kobe going off for 81.

None of us know what the circumstances are that JW has been a dnp on so many occasions. Here is a simple for example....he was asked by the coaches to spend some xtra time practicing his jump shot with Alex English...and he refused.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                  I don't care if he can't hit a jumper. I don't care if he is in a wheelchair with the brakes jammed, if he is going to positively effect this team, he needs to play.
                  Last game Wright played he contributed nothing in 10 minutes. All he's good for is garbage time and is out of the league next year.

Comment

It's kind of like standing up for a teammate when someone like Paul Pierce knees you in the balls as he dunks on you, then stares down on you. You stand up for your teammate, and in the process get T'd up. You send a message.

Wright stood up for himself and his pride. Should he get fined or punished in some sort of way? Yes. But he sent that message across and I really don't blame him for feeling or acting that way. At least someone in this team is acting like they care enough to be embarrassed.

I only comment on what I see from him, and that's give honest effort every time on the floor. If he has attitude behind closed doors, or stinks it up in practice, who knows? If those are the reasons he don't get to play, then I guess guys like Bargnani turn on god-mode during practice and kiss-ass to warrant being able to play despite apparent horrendous effort on actual games.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      None of us know what the circumstances are that JW has been a dnp on so many occasions. Here is a simple for example....he was asked by the coaches to spend some xtra time practicing his jump shot with Alex English...and he refused.
                      Where are you getting your info from? Which reputable source said that he refused to work on his j with English? And since when has he been a drip??? On the contrary, all the reports I've read on JuJu have extolled his dedication and effort and solid team values. Should he have refused to go in? Yes and no. No, because it was unprofessional to do so, he's being paid, etc. HOWEVER...it might be the best thing he could have done to focus attention on his plight and force his employer's hand. And to another poster who pointed out that he played 10 minutes the other night with zero stats, first of all, stats don't tell the whole picture of a player's performance, second of all, it was garbage time, and third of all, the guy hadn't seen the court in about a zillion years. It must be galling to know that you're your team's best perimeter defender, this for a team that is epically bad on defence, and yet you never see the court.

Comment

Triano is a Moron!!!

I don't know how many times I have 2 say it...Triano is a Fuck up!!!
                        Julian Wright didn't go in...bc u don't respect him,why didn't u play him when the game is in hand or other games,his ure best defender and he plays Sunny Weems or other garbage players.
                        Oh yeah by the way,Calderon didn't go in iether,he pulled his hamstring...oh sure he did,come on,give me a break.
                        What about Reggie or Amir..how come they didn't play.
                        THEY DON'T WANT 2 PLAY FOR MINOR LEAGUE COACH,or if that.

P.S

Don't worry about Julian Wright kid will get playing time in nba with some other club and don't be suprised if he turns out 2 be Bruce Bowen for some other team.

FIRE JAY TRIANO
                        FIRE JAY TRIANO
                        FIRE JAY TRIANO
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          In what alternative universe is an employee allowed to publicly disobey a request/order by his boss ...and this is found to be acceptable (committing a crime excepted)???? He is getting paid right? These are grounds for getting fined imo.
                          I hate to get distracted by this non-event but i'll say this: you can always get another job but you can't get your reputation back. As much as I understand why Wright did what he did, this will scar his reputation. Wright knows he won't be back here next year, he just needed to sit out the string and move on.

I have been in a similar situation in my own career and I had to bide my time before I left. Did it wound my pride? Yes. Was it humiliating? Yes. But you have to play the long game. I get being prideful and standing up for yourself but, in this case, he hurt is rep more than helping it...

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                            Where are you getting your info from? Which reputable source said that he refused to work on his j with English? And since when has he been a drip??? On the contrary, all the reports I've read on JuJu have extolled his dedication and effort and solid team values. Should he have refused to go in? Yes and no. No, because it was unprofessional to do so, he's being paid, etc. HOWEVER...it might be the best thing he could have done to focus attention on his plight and force his employer's hand. And to another poster who pointed out that he played 10 minutes the other night with zero stats, first of all, stats don't tell the whole picture of a player's performance, second of all, it was garbage time, and third of all, the guy hadn't seen the court in about a zillion years. It must be galling to know that you're your team's best perimeter defender, this for a team that is epically bad on defence, and yet you never see the court.
                            Hmmm...check the bifocals lately?...I wrote "dnp" and included a "for example" to underscore the possibility regarding his practice habits. I dont have access to the closed ACC practice sessions. My post was solely on his refusal to go in when asked by the coach of the team. Scottie Pippen tried that once and was villified. Any personal issues with coach or management should be handled away from the court. This has nothing to do with Triano's capability as the coach. There are plenty of issues that he can be fired for including the embarassment that was that game last night.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              I hate to get distracted by this non-event but i'll say this: you can always get another job but you can't get your reputation back. As much as I understand why Wright did what he did, this will scar his reputation. Wright knows he won't be back here next year, he just needed to sit out the string and move on.

I have been in a similar situation in my own career and I had to bide my time before I left. Did it wound my pride? Yes. Was it humiliating? Yes. But you have to play the long game. I get being prideful and standing up for yourself but, in this case, he hurt is rep more than helping it...
                              Well said. I have often felt badly for JW for what has probably been quite humiliating not to be played by a team with the Raptors record (for the position he plays and the defensive skills he brings sans the shooting). Seems like a nice guy too. But we are also not privy to everything that goes down sometimes in the secrecy of what is the prosports locker room. He shouldnt have refused to go in and as you rightly pointed out it might hurt him professionally.

Comment

Amen. I like JW but he is getting paid 3 million to not be a bitch and do his job. James Johnson is a better player, that is a fact, after you have been playing basketball for so long, and are in the NBA you need to be able to hit a jump shot.
                                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                                X