What to do, what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do, what to do

So after the game yesterday there has to be some concern about what's going to happen in the future. The loss against Denver guaranteed that they won't make it to the playoffs so I guess that could be the excuse for a no hearted effort. A lame excuse but that could be a factor to the big loss.

I am convinced after last nights game that there are going to be some decisions made rather quickly. Someone from MLSE will either relieve Colangelo of his duty's or Triano will get the boot.

I support and have issues with both of those.

First off, what was Colangelo supposed to do going into this season. Bosh was a douche bag towards the end of last year and last summer. I believe Colangelo made the right move at the deadline to not move him because they were playing well and the playoffs were basically guaranteed at the rate they were going. He got screwed out of a couple deals last summer that would have paid sweet dividends (yes he wanted to win now, that's what he's supposed to do. when those fell through then he did the only logical step and went to a rebuild, imo). How do you can someone for things that were out of his control? he worked hard to try to keep this team competitive and has come up short.

Now, Colangelo has to see what we all see in Bargnani and realize that he can't be our center. I don't even think he jumps when he tries to block a layup, but I digress. He has had some nice picks the last couple of summers but now he has to make a decision. Someone has to go and, if he's not willing to have Barg's come off the bench, then he has to move him. I don't think he will do either. If he really think that he can build a team aroudn Bargnani then he's sorely mistaken or he needs a coach with some edge. Why did he fire Mitchell? Who knows, that seemed to be more of a political move than anything. So another hoice is to fire Triano and hope that Rick Adelman is available and willing to come up. Or when Spoelstra get the boot maybe that's a way to go. I have a hard time seeing him do any of this and I also hate the fact that nothing has been stable in this franchise in the 16 seasons it's been around. There needs to be consistency and he doesn't bring it.

Triano has arguably gotten the most he could out of these players this year. They're not a well constructed team and their top scorer has no heart and has never played defense a day in his life. I'l guarantee he watches tape and says "wtf is he doing" about 30 times a game. it has to be frustrating for him. We've seen good development from some of the younger players on the team and that has to be credited to the head coach. We hear alot about what English does with the guys but Triano has to be right involved with them as well. If he isn't then he's doing something wrong.

My beef is that he does seem to run a more up tempo game. I don't know why it never occurred to me sooner but Triano had success in the olympics because he had a point guard who could run Triano's system perfectly. Triano is a poor man's D'Antoni. That's what we have and I don't know if he can turn into a defensive coach over a summer. Maybe I am wrong. They played very hard the first few games of the season and then it fell apart. Maybe it was all the injuries that happened at the beginning of the year, I can't really explain it. Maybe it's a lack of focus over time? Someone else might have insight but really, he might just be out of luck. Yesterday's loss was a joke and if my gut instinct is right he'll be let go when he gets back to TO. Too bad, would have been a nice story to have a canadian take over the canadian franchise and have success. Too bad.

If you are comparing JT with DAntoni for the reasons mentioned then both are not very good coaches...because good coaches adjust their system/s to the personnel they are given...not the other way around.

Comment

What were the reasons for Mitchell being fired? (no troll)

I think Triano has to go. But it may simply depend on whether BC stays. There are a lot of realistic suspicions that he has been told who to play and is simply following orders. The problem with that is obvious, does this not lose the respect of the players? An example being JW not going into the game last night.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Triano is safe until the end of the year. I don't see it as a possibility that Triano will be let go with only 10 games left in the year. It would be more likely for Triano to be removed if BC had a completed extension or a GM was in place for the next few years.

At this point in the season it would be best to just wait out the year and make these types of decisions after the season is over. There will also be better candidates during the summer as high level assistants will be available (Lawrence Frank), along with some head coaches that may not have been renewed (potentially Rick Adelman).

Besides, until Colangelo has an extension I don't think he could get permission to be hiring a new head coach.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Until the franchise gets the kind of player that can take a team into the playoffs, either by draft or by trade, there's no sense changing coaches. Until the best player on the team, whoever you consider that to be, holds the team accountable on defense, then the coach won't matter. I'd rather you find yourself the star you need then put the coach around him to match. In the meantime, stability goes a long way toward the development of young players.

As for BC, I'd like to see him go. I think that with BC goes the coddling attitude, not with Triano. I'd like to see what Triano coaches like without BC in the front office.

Comment

1) Fire BC
            2) Fire Jan.
            3) Sign Evans to a reasonable contract.
            4) Keep DD, AB and Ed Davis and trade away everyone else for draft picks and ...

Start from zero.

Comment

1) deal with Bargnani (6th man, trade, bench, send to d-league where he belongs) - until this is done there is no way of telling where this team really stands and where it can go.

2) find out who is available. Only "don't trade if possible" is Amir and Jose. I wouldn't send DD or Ed for anything cheap... only if they get nice returns. (probably give JJ more time to)

3) Give Jay one more year with alot more freedom and alot more scrutiny. But if not... not a big loss.

I imagine for any of this to happen BC can't be renewed.

Comment

Lose Jay. The guy does not keep his mind in the game, his substitutions are horrible, he does not hold players accountable, for an X's and O's man (supposedly) he calls terrible plays 9 times out of 10 after timeouts.
                BC I like and prefer to keep, but if he's gone then he's gone. Jay MUST go.

Comment

They need to get rid of BC, then the new GM needs to get rid of Jay Triano, then they need to seriously start considering using bargnani as a 6th man type player. Because he is a too much of a liability defensively, at too key of a position. If BC and Jay Triano are not both gone at the end of this season I will be very disappointed. You can tell that this current management and coaching staff has lost the ability to get the most out of the players, they no longer are able to influence or motivate our team, so we need new people with new ideas to do this. Lets all pray ... that BC and JT get fired.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                  X