Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this little piece of rumour out there today:
    http://www.sportscity.com/meet-the-n...on/2013/06/24/

Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler are expected to be packaged in a draft-day trade for Orlando’s Arron Aflallo, addressing the Clipper need for a shooting guard.

With less likelihood of finding a high post center to clear room underneath for Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan figures to remain the starter.

Meanwhile, the Clips will look for a three-point shooting power forward—a “stretch four.”
    So, assuming that some draft day deal is going through or being built around Bledsoe-Butler for Afflalo, anyone think the Raps can get in as a 3rd team with Bargnani as that "stretch four" they want?

This is a 3-team deal I came up with for an example:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9hzqw6

LAC get: Bargs and Afflalo
    ->Why? Well, I don't know where they find that stretch 4 unless part of the draft day deal involves the #2 pick...?? That's entirely possible, but without knowing, there actually aren't a lot of stretch 4s available. Teams tend to be fond of the efficient, role-playing ones like Andersen and Ilyasova. Bargnani though...a new team, taking a 6th man type role, coached by Rivers who might be able to get something out of him . Why do they give up Crawford? Well, with Afflalo eating minutes and Billups probably wanting to go back to LAC, it's not as big a loss as it would have been last year. They'll have more issues at SF, though they can make a signing like Barnes last year (maybe even Barnes again) for a cheap, solid role player. Or if Pierce is bought out, I think everyone would expect him to immediately join Paul and Doc with the Clips.

ORL get: Butler, Bledsoe and Crawford
    ->why? Well, Butler and Bledsoe are part of the rumour. Makes sense. Bledsoe, a young PG, and Butler, a vet and cap relief, for a rebuilding young team. Crawford would give them offense from the perimeter which they also badly need with Redick gone and if Afflalo's traded. Not to mention Crawford's creativity would be a very nice addition, and with Bledsoe, give them 2 legit ballhandlers who can break down the D. They'd have to swallow Crawford's long deal, but it's also reasonable and easy to move again.

TOR get: Nicholson, Green and Harrington
    -> Why? Facilitating and trying to get something for Bargs. Green is on a cheap deal that's non-guaranteed. Harrington is on a less cheap deal that is also non-guaranteed. ORL has been allowing Harrington to work out for teams to try and find a suitor because they don't want to pay to buy him out. TOR could take him on and do just that if they want. The main asset is Nicholson, who has a nice game, but probably not that high a ceiling. Still, the Raps only give up Bargs and get 2 vets who they could easily buy out to free up money faster, and one young player who's already shown some decent ability.

Comment

• Just send Bargs to OKC for the 29th or 32nd pick, Perkins' contract and one of Jones or Lamb and call it a day. Could snag Adetokoubo in that range potentially.

Realistic trade, gives us a backup center, an additional prospect and potentially allows us to send Ross to Minnesota for either DWill or maybe even the 9th pick (especially if Oladipo and Kentavious are off the board). Could use that pick to net us Carter-Williams.

Lowry/MCW
      DeMar/Lamb
      Gay/Adetokoubo/Fields
      Amir/Acy
      Val/Perk

Heading into FA, with the MLE still available to snag a guy like Landry to play 4 off the bench. Lowry, Gay, Perk, Fields, Amir are all gone in or before 2015 Free Agency if you want to do a rebuild afterwards around MCW, DeMar, Lamb, Adetokoubo and Val.

Comment

• Tor-Sac
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pmj73yj

Tor: Thompson, Salmons, 2nd rounder

Sac: Bargs

At this point we just need to get rid of the well overstayed Primo Pasta&Sauce. Sacramento is dumping Salmons on us and can use some scoring potential. At this point Thompson is a better starting PF than Bargs and we throw Salmons scrap minutes as our 6th wing. We try and pick someone who has fallen out of the 1st round, or a high potential like Goodwin or Leslie. Im also very fond of James Southerland. He has a cold blooded 3 ball and is athletic. This trade also allows us to use our amnesty on Klieza

Comment

• Jason Dixon wrote: View Post
          Bargs for Kris Humphries, just get them both out of their individual hells. Maybe they both bounce back. This just seems less cruel.
          This trade is starting to grow on me too. Kris was playing well up until the 2012-2013 season, I wouldn't think he can't find his form on a new team. Good rebounder who could play the 4 or 5. First big off the bench?

Comment

• What about Bargnani and Derozan to Denver for JeVale McGee and Wilson Chandler?

Comment

• I was reading a rumor today about Indiana (on either ESPN or CNNSI, can't recall), which mentioned them looking for help at PG and bench scoring. With West getting a little older, Hansborough being more of a rebounder than scorer (and a free agent) and Granger on the block, I wonder if there could be a fit with Toronto (either as a landing spot or facilitating a multi-team trade).

Something like Lowry & Bargnani for Granger would work, but obviously the Raps don't have a huge need for Granger with Gay & DeRozan already on the roster.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I was reading a rumor today about Indiana (on either ESPN or CNNSI, can't recall), which mentioned them looking for help at PG and bench scoring. With West getting a little older, Hansborough being more of a rebounder than scorer (and a free agent) and Granger on the block, I wonder if there could be a fit with Toronto (either as a landing spot or facilitating a multi-team trade).

Something like Lowry & Bargnani for Granger would work, but obviously the Raps don't have a huge need for Granger with Gay & DeRozan already on the roster.
                You never know, but the system Indiana plays is better suited for taller pg's.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  with masai ujiri as our new gm, he will explore option in trading andrea by july 1, i say ship him to the knicks.

Toronto out: Bargnani + fields
                  toronto in: Tyson chandler + steve novak + knicks 2013 1st round pick

raps can acquire a backup pg in i.caanan, m.kabongo, or n.wolters

raps lineups
                  lowry/drafted backup pg/john lucas iii?
                  Derozan/t.ross/3rd stringer sg
                  gay/novak/kleiza
                  amir/backup pf/acy
                  val/t.chandler/gray

why raps: We get t.chandler who has lost some favor as a knick, a decent veteran c at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young valanciunas. S.novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind r.gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a pg

why knicks: They acquire bargnani who will provide more option for the knicks, this way amare stoudamire can be pushed to play c for the team. Landry fields will return to his beloved knicks as a backup option for c.anthony or backup sg for jr smith (resigned)
                  lol

Comment

• The Lakers are about to lose D12. Artest, Duhon and a 1st rounder for Bargnani.

The Raptors get a couple servicable players with short term deals and a 1st rounder.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      What about Bargnani and Derozan to Denver for JeVale McGee and Wilson Chandler?
                      If Chandler played the 2 for us I'd think about it. Don't think he plays much of it though.

I also think Javale is underrated, he's very athletic for a big man and his good play is overshadowed by Shaqtin' a Fool.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        With Masai Ujiri as our new GM, he will explore option in trading Andrea by July 1, I say ship him to the Knicks.

Toronto out: Bargnani + Fields
                        Toronto in: Tyson Chandler + Steve Novak + Knicks 2013 1st round pick

Raps can acquire a backup PG in I.Caanan, M.Kabongo, or N.Wolters

Raps Lineups
                        Lowry/Drafted Backup PG/John Lucas III?
                        DeRozan/T.Ross/3rd stringer SG
                        Gay/Novak/Kleiza
                        Amir/backup PF/Acy
                        Val/T.Chandler/Gray

Why Raps: We get T.Chandler who has lost some favor as a Knick, a decent veteran C at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young Valanciunas. S.Novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind R.Gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a PG

Why Knicks: They acquire Bargnani who will provide more option for the Knicks, this way Amare Stoudamire can be pushed to play C for the team. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks as a backup option for C.Anthony or backup SG for JR Smith (resigned)
                        Lololol. Pretty sure the Raps would want me to play rather than Novak. Other than shooting, he's a TOTAL liability.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• A good idea, I think.:-)

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Post your Bargnani trades in this thread to keep them all together.

If you are looking for a starting point for trade partners, there is a thread here discussing trade partners.

Please verify all trades with the ESPN trade machine.
                          How about a big trade with the Clippers?
                          Bargnani, Derozan, Lowry for Bledsoe, D Jordan and the clippers have the right to trade 1st round draft picks.
                          Why should Toronto do it? Resign Calderone or a similarly skilled veteran pg with incredible character. Sign a defensively present 2 guard and take advantage of a weak situation in the east.
                          Why should LA do it.? Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Doc Rivers at least they can dream. Seriously though, a strong draft is coming and our need at those positions is their benefit.

Comment

• My earlier idea, works better if they include Willie Green. Apologies for the omission:-)

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Lololol. Pretty sure the Raps would want me to play rather than Novak. Other than shooting, he's a TOTAL liability.
                              Well, this is awkward...
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                                Well, this is awkward...
                                Lol I noticed that yesterday and was about to mention it

Comment

Working...
                                X