Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I believe this would be a reasonable starting point for a potential trade if OKC was confident Ibaka or Bargnani could play center full time.
    I don't know about OKC, but I'm confident that Bargnani can be better utilized than Perkins, even as a full-time C.

What I see more likely is that you'll see them split duties, and Bargnani will be especially useful against a team like Memphis, where they need Ibaka for a guy like Randolph, and they also need him as a help defender away from Gasol, since Gasol is a good passer and it would be very hard for Ibaka to guard him and the basket. Or another example is San Antonio, where similarly, I'd rather put Ibaka on Splitter, and force Bargs to guard Duncan, because he's always more engaged as an on-the-ball defender, and somewhat useless off it. Ibaka thrives in that situation though.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      NO.
      why?

Comment

• RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
        why?
        Jonas is not getting traded for DeMarcus Cousins. If that happened, I would stop being a Raptors fan. Jonas will be a better 2-way player than him for sure, and in the later months, easily showed that he can be a better offensive player, who is efficient and versatile (it should be noted that Cousins shot a career high FG % this year and it was only .465).

*Honestly I don't even like Cousins more than DeMar, even though he's clearly more talented. He's got a bottom 5 type personality. Thompson is a role player. Thornton is not a better player than Demar, IMO. He's a better 3 pt shooter, but at least as one-dimensional...he only scores.

JV > Cousins
        DeMar > Thornton (IMO)
        Bargs more talented than Thompson hands down, though Thompson less frustrating and better contract.

In different scenarios I might go for Thompson in exchange for Bargs...but I'm not sure how to round that out in a way that makes sense for both teams.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed May 29, 2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Jonas is not getting traded for DeMarcus Cousins. If that happened, I would stop being a Raptors fan.
          What do you see in Jonas that makes you feel so strongly against this trade? I think Jonas has more potential but DeMarcus would be an instant upgrade. With Demar leaving Marcus would allow for more minutes to develop Terrence Ross and Jason Thompson would give us much needed depth at the pf position. If there was anyway to get Isaiah Thomas in this trade he would be a good back up pg who could start.

Comment

• RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
            What do you see in Jonas that makes you feel so strongly against this trade? I think Jonas has more potential but DeMarcus would be an instant upgrade. With Demar leaving Marcus would allow for more minutes to develop Terrence Ross and Jason Thompson would give us much needed depth at the pf position. If there was anyway to get Isaiah Thomas in this trade he would be a good back up pg who could start.
            Sorry, I realized my original response was short, so I very heavily edited it....please revisit....

Comment

Hey, another thread to post this idea in. There's never a shortage of threads to present "get rid of Bargs" scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=accqzb6

Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Perry Jones.

Short version: Bargnani is an upgrade over Perkins and only small pay increase....same length of deal. It's also pretty clear they could use another offensive threat, hopefully in the frontcourt. Jones is lost in the shuffle. Not going to outplay Durant, Ibaka or Collison any time soon. For Toronto, Perkins would be getting a demotion in role, but maybe one he's suited for, and brings some grit and leadership. Jones could get the chance to play at either PF or SF. Still a lot of potential there. Reunites him with Acy, but they'd be fighting each other for minutes.

This probably wouldn't be a first choice for either team, but both players will not attract great offers. OKC has 3 draft picks this year, likely at 12 (ours), 29 and 32. They can easily replace Jones with another young asset. Or they may even be willing to deal a pick rather than Jones.
              When i read 'leadership' in combination with veteran (once average) players I tend to read 'he can't play for shit (anymore)'. Fisher is the greatest example of this. Not directly meant against your post btw, just a random thought popping in my head and I like to post my random thoughts.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                When i read 'leadership' in combination with veteran (once average) players I tend to read 'he can't play for shit (anymore)'. Fisher is the greatest example of this. Not directly meant against your post btw, just a random thought popping in my head and I like to post my random thoughts.
                Yeah, this is true. Perkins can't play for shit anymore. But in his case, specifically, he brings an attitude somewhat similar to Oakley's. The Raptors still need more grit. He also brings championship experience, something that can only help this squad that has no significant playoff experience in any of the players currently in the top 8-10.

The hope is that Jones is still the talent he was believed to be.

I had another idea today as rumours have come out about the Cavs possibly shopping the #1 pick.

Sacramento gets: #1 pick and Andrea Bargnani
                Cleveland gets: DeMarcus Cousins and, I think, Sacto has to give them the 7th pick too
                Toronto gets: Tristan Thompson and the always horrible contract of John Salmons

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnbflkg

TO trades: Bargs, DeRozan, Ross
                  TO receives: KLove, Sefolosha

OKC trades: Perkins, Sefolosha
                  OKC receives: Bargs, Ross

Minny trades: KLove,
                  Minny receives: Perkins, DeRozan

We get our upgraded PF and potential all star, as well as a good SG defender and a guy that can knock down the 3.

OKC gets rid of Perkins, while getting an offensive upgrade with Bargs and a young developing Ross to help fill the spot left by Sefolosha. Trading offense for defense.

Minny gets DeRozan to fill the much needed void at the SG, and , unfortunately, Perkins.

This works on the trade machine but I'm not sure I like it. Also, I'm not sure this is something either OKC or Minny would consider. The T'Wolves might need a draft pick, and I'm not sure if OKC could warrant moving Sefolosha.

Would this be good for the Raptors?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnbflkg

TO trades: Bargs, DeRozan, Ross
                    TO receives: KLove, Sefolosha

OKC trades: Perkins, Sefolosha
                    OKC receives: Bargs, Ross

Minny trades: KLove,
                    Minny receives: Perkins, DeRozan

We get our upgraded PF and potential all star, as well as a good SG defender and a guy that can knock down the 3.

OKC gets rid of Perkins, while getting an offensive upgrade with Bargs and a young developing Ross to help fill the spot left by Sefolosha. Trading offense for defense.

Minny gets DeRozan to fill the much needed void at the SG, and , unfortunately, Perkins.

This works on the trade machine but I'm not sure I like it. Also, I'm not sure this is something either OKC or Minny would consider. The T'Wolves might need a draft pick, and I'm not sure if OKC could warrant moving Sefolosha.

Would this be good for the Raptors?
                    Why does MInny want Perkins? I think if they were going to trade Love they'd rather have Bargnani. I'm sure they'll keep Pekovic.

This deal makes very little sense. Overvaluing Perkins (TO wouldn't need to attach Ross to get Perkins). Undervaluing Love (for Perkins and DeRozan? Are you kidding me?).

This deal is really bad for MInnesota, so it clearly wouldn't happen. They'll get a very nice haul if and when they decide to move Love. It wouldn't even be that great for Toronto. It's hard to give up both DeMar and Ross in the same deal. Not only do you give up on developing both of them as your future SG, but you use them in the same deal with a decent but very limited role player coming back. The Raptors would suddenly lack A LOT offensively on the wing, especially if Fields elbow stays fucked.

Comment

• I was thinking the same, just throwing it out there trying to find a way to unload Bargs for TO and Perkins for OKC, while getting that coveted PF everyone wants. I have no illusions, nobody will want Perkins. And yes, it is bad for Minnesota, which is why I thought adding a draft pick or two might help. And I also don't like moving both Ross and Derozan, but there is a good chance one may have to go in order to move Bargs.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I was thinking the same, just throwing it out there trying to find a way to unload Bargs for TO and Perkins for OKC, while getting that coveted PF everyone wants. I have no illusions, nobody will want Perkins. And yes, it is bad for Minnesota, which is why I thought adding a draft pick or two might help. And I also don't like moving both Ross and Derozan, but there is a good chance one may have to go in order to move Bargs.
                        That depends on what kind of return you want for Bargs. I don't think his value is high, but there are teams who could use him, and who have bad pieces to shed. I know it's possible they attach an asset like one of those SGs to him, but I hope the new GM has a more rational view, and finds a way to just get rid of Bargnani without doing that. If you accept his low value, I think you can find some trade for him where you might get a good piece (or potentially good piece) if you take back some other piece of crap.

For instance, a team that made the playoffs and doesn't have the room for a late 1st rd pick in what's being advertised as the worst draft ever might be interested in a guy like Bargs. Several teams like that have bad players/contracts to unload.
                        Examples....GSW (Biedrins/Jefferson), OKC (Perkins...they also have 2 1st rd picks becuase they got ours in the Perkins trade, so it is one season where OKC could trade a pick away), BKL (Humphries). They'd all be good fits for him too. As to whether they'd have interest? Who knows? But when you look at the garbage they have under contract, it's possible. Even though some of these guys are expiring, the teams they're with might not be willing to part with (or even have) more assets to add in a better deal for them.

Comment

• With Masai Ujiri as our new GM, he will explore option in trading Andrea by July 1, I say ship him to the Knicks.

Toronto out: Bargnani + Fields
                          Toronto in: Tyson Chandler + Steve Novak + Knicks 2013 1st round pick

Raps can acquire a backup PG in I.Caanan, M.Kabongo, or N.Wolters

Raps Lineups
                          Lowry/Drafted Backup PG/John Lucas III?
                          DeRozan/T.Ross/3rd stringer SG
                          Gay/Novak/Kleiza
                          Amir/backup PF/Acy
                          Val/T.Chandler/Gray

Why Raps: We get T.Chandler who has lost some favor as a Knick, a decent veteran C at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young Valanciunas. S.Novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind R.Gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a PG

Why Knicks: They acquire Bargnani who will provide more option for the Knicks, this way Amare Stoudamire can be pushed to play C for the team. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks as a backup option for C.Anthony or backup SG for JR Smith (resigned)

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            With Masai Ujiri as our new GM, he will explore option in trading Andrea by July 1, I say ship him to the Knicks.

Toronto out: Bargnani + Fields
                            Toronto in: Tyson Chandler + Steve Novak + Knicks 2013 1st round pick

Raps can acquire a backup PG in I.Caanan, M.Kabongo, or N.Wolters

Raps Lineups
                            Lowry/Drafted Backup PG/John Lucas III?
                            DeRozan/T.Ross/3rd stringer SG
                            Gay/Novak/Kleiza
                            Amir/backup PF/Acy
                            Val/T.Chandler/Gray

Why Raps: We get T.Chandler who has lost some favor as a Knick, a decent veteran C at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young Valanciunas. S.Novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind R.Gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a PG

Why Knicks: They acquire Bargnani who will provide more option for the Knicks, this way Amare Stoudamire can be pushed to play C for the team. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks as a backup option for C.Anthony or backup SG for JR Smith (resigned)
                            +10ftw
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Assuming Houston signs Dwight Howard, and this trade works financially after the signing, I think it helps all teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8g9k6g

Houston receives: Andrea Bargnani
                              Toronto receives: Andrew Nicholson
                              Orlando receives: Thomas Robison, Royce White

Houston can pair Bargnani with Howard like Orlando did with Ryan Anderson since Bargnani won't have to play under the basket like Pau Gasol which clearly didn't work. Toronto gets out of Bargnani's contract, and we get a young PF with potential. Orlando receives 2 young PF too add to their young core. Thoughts?

Comment

• Bargs for Kris Humphries, just get them both out of their individual hells. Maybe they both bounce back. This just seems less cruel.

Comment

Working...
                                X