Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e2thed wrote: View Post
    I'm not kidding lol, only thing missing is the obnoxious photoshopped Bargnani avatars.
    No worries. They aren't the same person.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      No worries. They aren't the same person.
      Then they must be related. lol - Joking.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Bargnani to New Orleans is still an interesting thought though.
        I was thinking about a Bargnani to New Orleans trade today, and was looking at their roster.

Despite the fact that Kaman was an all star and is an expiring contract, I could see Bargnani worth more than Kaman. He is younger, and has a lot more offensive skill that NOLA is lacking (outside of Gordon). Plus the rebounding that Kaman provides (and that Bargnani does not provide) is not needed if they have Okafor.

I wonder if NOLA would consider trading Kaman and Minny's pick for Bargnani? Or would that be too lop-sided in Toronto's favour?

Kaman could then fill in for Bargnani.. He produced 12pts and 7rebs last year and had a decent defensive rating of 105 and I don't think he'd have an issue playing center (although he had a better PER as PF). That would allow Davis to get more minutes. Once the season is over Kaman can be resigned (he is from Michigan, which could mean that Toronto is an attraction for him) or dropped to give us more cap space. If Minny becomes a lottery team (and the chances are still good), we could have two very good picks.

If we looked at the Paul trade, would it still look like a good deal if the Clippers traded Paul for Bargnani, Aminu and Gordon instead of Kaman, Aminu, Gordon and Minny's pick? I think it would.

Anyways, this trade might have to wait a few months to get through since Kaman was just dealt (although I believe he could still be traded one for one at any time). However, in the next month or two we can assess Bargnani in Toronto under Casey's watch, and see how well Minny is doing. If Minny starts off great then that pick becomes much worse (although NOLA's pick is a potential lottery pick as well).

The only other trade I can see with NOLA and Bargnani is moving Bargnani for Trevor Ariza (and the pick). I don't really like Ariza though, and would rather have JJ/Kleiza as our SF. Ariza is still owed about $21M for 3 years. He was also suspended for almost elbowing Demar in the head. There could be bad blood there. Another reason why not to do that deal.

Options open up when a 3rd team is introduced.. but I can't think of many teams that would want Kaman (or Ariza), or any other piece from NOLA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I was thinking about a Bargnani to New Orleans trade today, and was looking at their roster.

Despite the fact that Kaman was an all star and is an expiring contract, I could see Bargnani worth more than Kaman. He is younger, and has a lot more offensive skill that NOLA is lacking (outside of Gordon). Plus the rebounding that Kaman provides (and that Bargnani does not provide) is not needed if they have Okafor.

I wonder if NOLA would consider trading Kaman and Minny's pick for Bargnani? Or would that be too lop-sided in Toronto's favour?

Kaman could then fill in for Bargnani.. He produced 12pts and 7rebs last year and had a decent defensive rating of 105 and I don't think he'd have an issue playing center (although he had a better PER as PF). That would allow Davis to get more minutes. Once the season is over Kaman can be resigned (he is from Michigan, which could mean that Toronto is an attraction for him) or dropped to give us more cap space. If Minny becomes a lottery team (and the chances are still good), we could have two very good picks.

If we looked at the Paul trade, would it still look like a good deal if the Clippers traded Paul for Bargnani, Aminu and Gordon instead of Kaman, Aminu, Gordon and Minny's pick? I think it would.

Anyways, this trade might have to wait a few months to get through since Kaman was just dealt (although I believe he could still be traded one for one at any time). However, in the next month or two we can assess Bargnani in Toronto under Casey's watch, and see how well Minny is doing. If Minny starts off great then that pick becomes much worse (although NOLA's pick is a potential lottery pick as well).

The only other trade I can see with NOLA and Bargnani is moving Bargnani for Trevor Ariza (and the pick). I don't really like Ariza though, and would rather have JJ/Kleiza as our SF. Ariza is still owed about $21M for 3 years. He was also suspended for almost elbowing Demar in the head. There could be bad blood there. Another reason why not to do that deal.

Options open up when a 3rd team is introduced.. but I can't think of many teams that would want Kaman (or Ariza), or any other piece from NOLA.
          Interesting thoughts.

Bargnani for Kaman and the lower of NOH/MIN draft pick would work for me.

I do think MIN will surprise a lot of people this year but they will still be a lottery team (like 9-12 range). I think Kaman does have value around the league. A team like Philly could really use him. Toronto could also resign him past this season if it was a reasonable contract and no more than 3 years. I think given his injury history he would thrive with fewer minutes and nights off to rest while JV is brought along. Unfortunately, given the market for C's, I doubt a reasonable, no more than 3 year contract would be in the cards.

Comment

• I think he'd fit in nicely there too, I just don't know if there's anything there we'd want that they'd be willing to give up
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I think he'd fit in nicely there too, I just don't know if there's anything there we'd want that they'd be willing to give up
              I guess the key is bolded above.

If Bargnani was to be traded, and we were to get maximum value, it would probably have the Raptors holding on to him for this season. That said, if the Raptors were to be able to get really good value for him it might also mean he is worth holding on to.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3vxzm3e

Milwaukee: Bargnani

Toronto: Dooling, Livingston, 2012 and 2014 first round picks, right to swap 2013 pick

Why?

Milwaukee is no longer building. WIth a mix of youth and veteran players, they have a young PG, veteran SG, defensive SF (if resigned), and defensive C in addition to a deep bench (Udrih, Delfino, Illyasova, Sanders, Gooden), role players and young prospects (Harris and Sanders). Bargnani gives them scoring punch they have lacked.

This is a salary dump by Toronto. Dooling is a veteran player and good for now. Livingston could be a back up for the future with the Raptors. He has a tonne of talent however injuries robbed him of what looked to a be a promising career. Before he hurt his tailbone last season, he had played in 73 straight games with CHA and MIL. The key is draft picks over the next couple of seasons. It is all about accumulating assets and maintaining financial flexibility.

This trade would essentially scream, "We've written off the 2011-2012 season!"

However it would make them major players in the very deep 2012 free agent market to go along with the core already in place and two 2012 draft picks (their own which would be very high). 2012-13 and onwards could have as much promise for the future as VC and T-Mac in 2000. Hopefully there is a happier ending.
                Too bad this didn't happen.

A year and a half later and the only way to get rid of Bargnani now is likely to send an asset out with him. And the Raps could have had their back up PG in Livingston.

Comment

• How about

Bargs + Fields for Amare + Chris Copeland

We waive Amare so he can sign with a championship team but we acquire Chris Copeland who could be the future PF of our team.

Comment

• Hey, another thread to post this idea in. There's never a shortage of threads to present "get rid of Bargs" scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=accqzb6

Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Perry Jones.

Short version: Bargnani is an upgrade over Perkins and only small pay increase....same length of deal. It's also pretty clear they could use another offensive threat, hopefully in the frontcourt. Jones is lost in the shuffle. Not going to outplay Durant, Ibaka or Collison any time soon. For Toronto, Perkins would be getting a demotion in role, but maybe one he's suited for, and brings some grit and leadership. Jones could get the chance to play at either PF or SF. Still a lot of potential there. Reunites him with Acy, but they'd be fighting each other for minutes.

This probably wouldn't be a first choice for either team, but both players will not attract great offers. OKC has 3 draft picks this year, likely at 12 (ours), 29 and 32. They can easily replace Jones with another young asset. Or they may even be willing to deal a pick rather than Jones.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mgcdrrb
                      Posted this in the wrong thread before, my bad.
                      Bargs and Acy (if he's needed to sweeten the deal) for Channing Frye

Essentially a salary-dump. Allows the amnesty to be used on Linas, and maybe get another good floor-spacer if Frye is healthy. If not, he's at least not locker room cancer.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        How about

Bargs + Fields for Amare + Chris Copeland

We waive Amare so he can sign with a championship team but we acquire Chris Copeland who could be the future PF of our team.
                        You mean the 29 year old Copeland?

Do you realize when you waive a player his salary still counts towards the cap if no one picks him up off waivers? That makes absolutely no sense unless I am missing something.

Comment

• Bargs to China for Zhou Qi

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Perry Jones.
                            I believe this would be a reasonable starting point for a potential trade if OKC was confident Ibaka or Bargnani could play center full time.

Comment

• Toronto in:
                              Demarcus cousins
                              Marcus Thornton
                              Jason Thompson

Sacramento in:
                              Jonas valanciunas
                              Demar derozan
                              Andrea bargnani

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p8mnfx3
                              Last edited by RAPTORNATION; Wed May 29, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• RAPTORNATION wrote: View Post
                                Toronto in:
                                Demarcus cousins
                                Marcus Thornton
                                Jason Thompson

Sacramento in:
                                Jonas valanciunas
                                Demar derozan
                                Andrea bargnani

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p8mnfx3
                                NO.

Comment

Working...
                                X