No announcement yet.

Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way that CV31 is worse than Il Mago. This is a guy who is big, bulky, athletic and can (wait for it) actually guard his man. With a more defensive-minded coach than ever, you want players who can play the position on both ends of the floor. plus, Bargs never dumped 48 on the bucks :P

Comment

• northgrantballer wrote: View Post
      There is no way that CV31 is worse than Il Mago. This is a guy who is big, bulky, athletic and can (wait for it) actually guard his man. With a more defensive-minded coach than ever, you want players who can play the position on both ends of the floor. plus, Bargs never dumped 48 on the bucks :P
      i hate charlie V and i think he's a lot worse than bargnani.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        i hate charlie V and i think he's a lot worse than bargnani.
        I actually agree. I would rather have Bargs, and I do not want Bargs....

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
          I actually agree. I would rather have Bargs, and I do not want Bargs....
          Ditto

Comment

• Bargs played pretty good, grabbed 9 rebounds, Praise the lord! And had 1 block that brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Bargs played pretty good, grabbed 9 rebounds, Praise the lord! And had 1 block that brought a tear to my eye.
              Now all he has to do is keep it up. Any trade you wanted to propose or just skipping the everything Bargnani thread?

Comment

• Tor-mem-lal-min

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6r7e6ok

TOR: Gay

LAL: Bargnani, Webster

MIN: Gasol, Mayo

MEM: Beasley, Pekovic, Ridnour, own 2013 1st round pick from MIN, 2012 first round pick from UTA (via MIN), 2012 2nd round pick from CHI (via LAL), 2012 2nd round pick from LAL, lottery protected 1st round pick 2012 from Toronto with no protections in 2015.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

MEM: Beasley, Pekovic, Ridnour, own 2013 1st round pick from MIN, 2012 first round pick from UTA (via MIN), 2012 2nd round pick from CHI (via LAL), 2012 2nd round pick from LAL, lottery protected 1st round pick 2012 from Toronto with no protections in 2015.
                  I like this trade from our perspective, and from Minny`s, not quite sure why Lakers trade Gasol for Bargs.
                  Also, it seems like memphis is in win mode right now, they are receiving a lot of draft picks, but they dont get any immediate talent. Personally, although i would love to get Gay, think the picks could help us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=cb9l847
                  And we get 1st round from Utah (Via Min and the 2013 draft pick from Minny.

We get two first rounders, and two fairly young players, while barely taking on more cap space. Minny gives up slightly less for Gasol, and LA gets a better player in Beasley than they would have in Webster (imo).

Gay is a great player, but we take on a lot of cap, and lose a draft pick.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                    I like this trade from our perspective, and from Minny`s, not quite sure why Lakers trade Gasol for Bargs.
                    Also, it seems like memphis is in win mode right now, they are receiving a lot of draft picks, but they dont get any immediate talent. Personally, although i would love to get Gay, think the picks could help us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=cb9l847
                    And we get 1st round from Utah (Via Min and the 2013 draft pick from Minny.

We get two first rounders, and two fairly young players, while barely taking on more cap space. Minny gives up slightly less for Gasol, and LA gets a better player in Beasley than they would have in Webster (imo).

Gay is a great player, but we take on a lot of cap, and lose a draft pick.
                    Rationale:

Toronto: elite wing, allows ED to start. Cuts in to cap room this summer but leaves the Raptors with $19M (if Calderon amnestied) to either fill out roster with quality vets OR go after a PG in free agency (how about draft Kabongo and sign Felton to a 2/3 year, $20/30M contract?).

LAL: They seem to be in cost cutting mode. Bargnani saves them about $18M per year (for the next 3 years) versus Gasol. He is younger than Gasol. Messina and Bargnani ties, Kobe speaks Italian (o.k. I am drawing at straws). The Lakers are able to offer Bynum, 2 first round picks, and the ability to take on Turk and Duhon in exchange for Howard. Could you think of a better player to pair with Bargnani and vice versa? Also, Kobe would totally kick Bargs' @ss.

MIN: starting SG, Wes Johnson becomes 6th man behind Williams and Mayo, a nice front court of Gasol and Love.

MEM: Save big time money, Beasley will come much cheaper than Gay and he seems to be a good fit in MEM in my opinion. Allen starts. Draft picks allow them to build around current roster that has a lot of money guaranteed over next few years.

Raptors draft pick to MEM is lottery protected. I don't believe we'll still be in the lottery in 2015 and we should actually be a top team team in the league if all goes according to plan.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Rationale:

Toronto: elite wing, allows ED to start. Cuts in to cap room this summer but leaves the Raptors with $19M (if Calderon amnestied) to either fill out roster with quality vets OR go after a PG in free agency (how about draft Kabongo and sign Felton to a 2/3 year, $20/30M contract?).

LAL: They seem to be in cost cutting mode. Bargnani saves them about $18M per year (for the next 3 years) versus Gasol. He is younger than Gasol. Messina and Bargnani ties, Kobe speaks Italian (o.k. I am drawing at straws). The Lakers are able to offer Bynum, 2 first round picks, and the ability to take on Turk and Duhon in exchange for Howard. Could you think of a better player to pair with Bargnani and vice versa? Also, Kobe would totally kick Bargs' @ss.

MIN: starting SG, Wes Johnson becomes 6th man behind Williams and Mayo, a nice front court of Gasol and Love.

MEM: Save big time money, Beasley will come much cheaper than Gay and he seems to be a good fit in MEM in my opinion. Allen starts. Draft picks allow them to build around current roster that has a lot of money guaranteed over next few years.

Raptors draft pick to MEM is lottery protected. I don't believe we'll still be in the lottery in 2015 and we should actually be a top team team in the league if all goes according to plan.
                      I would think that the Lakers would go after Gay instead.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                        I would think that the Lakers would go after Gay instead.
                        The Lakers don't have the assets to get Gay. With Z-Bo and M. Gasol, Bynum and Pau are probably not going to interest them.

Comment

The Lakers don't have the assets to get Gay. With Z-Bo and M. Gasol, Bynum and Pau are probably not going to interest them.
                          No, but if they involve Minny, who I agree would be a good destination for PGasol, then it can work. They also might want Metta or Barnes.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                            No, but if they involve Minny, who I agree would be a good destination for PGasol, then it can work. They also might want Metta or Barnes.
                            An example would be:
                            MIN: Gasol
                            MEM: Metta, MWebster, NPekovic
                            LAL: RGay, MBeasley

Perhaps Toronto can get in on this with Bargnani, but it would be more about getting salary flexibility than anything (say Beasley and Barnes come here with both expiring this year although Barnes could re-sign since he originally wanted to come here.)

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              An example would be:
                              MIN: Gasol
                              MEM: Metta, MWebster, NPekovic
                              LAL: RGay, MBeasley

Perhaps Toronto can get in on this with Bargnani, but it would be more about getting salary flexibility than anything (say Beasley and Barnes come here with both expiring this year although Barnes could re-sign since he originally wanted to come here.)
                              I don't see this working since Minnesota is not getting a PG, after all Kahn is still their GM right?

Comment

Rationale:

This does make a lot more sense, IF both LA and Memphis are desperate to cut costs. I know LA traded Odom away and that Memphis is paying a lot to Z-bo, Gasol, and Gay, but I still am not sure if they are that desperate. I dont know their financial position at all, so I am most likely wrong.
                                If they are cutting costs, good trade, and great for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X