Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps increase their chance of picking first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps increase their chance of picking first!

The Raps now have the 4th worst record in the league and have a 11.9% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and are on track to draft 4th overall.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft

The Raptors will soon start winning games like they do every year near the end.

The Raptors are going to be picking 5th or 6th.

Comment

Raptors_13 wrote: View Post
      The Raps now have the 4th worst record in the league and have a 11.9% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and are on track to draft 4th overall.

Your avatar is a very good picture of the current state of the franchise. I like it.

Comment

I wouldn't care if they lost the rest of their games to finish the season.

Comment

me wrote:
          Don't get happy.

Kings Schedule wrote:
          Tue 3/29 Suns | Wed 3/30 @Nuggets | Fri 4/1 Nuggets | Sun 4/3 Jazz | Tue 4/5 @Rockets | Wed 4/6 @Spurs | Fri 4/8 @Grizzlies | Sun 4/10 @Warriors
          Raptors Schedule wrote:
          Wed 3/30 Bucks | Sat 4/2 @Bulls | Sun 4/3 Magic | Tue 4/5 @Knicks | Wed 4/6 Cavaliers | Fri 4/8 @76ers | Sun 4/10 Nets | Mon 4/11 @Bucks
          We'll at least get 2 wins (Nets and Cavs at home) can't say the same about the Kings.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            the thing about the nba is anything can happen. We won games against teams this season that people thought we don't stand a chance against. The kings could win 4 out of 8 of those games for all we know.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings pass the Raptors. Ever since Tyreke Evans has come back, the team is playing a lot better and with a sense of purpose. Today's win against Philly, in Philly, was big. As for the Raps, I don't see them winning too many games down the stretch. Injuries are beginning to catch up to them, they look like a tired bunch, and their schedule isn't too friendly:
              Games Against Playoff Teams: Chicago, Orlando, Knicks, Philly, Miami
              Games Against Teams Still in a Playoff Hunt: Milwaukee (2 times)
              Games Against Teams Out of the Playoffs: Cleveland and New Jersey
              Back to Backs: 3 (Chicago/Orlando, Knicks/Cleveland, Nets/Milwaukee)

Nonetheless, the lottery will be what it is. They have to hope they get the top pick or that Minnesota and Washington get the top 2 picks if they want a shot at getting Kyrie Irving. Washington won't draft Irving because they have Wall. I doubt Minnesota does either since I believe Rubio will be playing for them next year. It's going to be a big off-season for the Raptors.

Comment

The Raps need to shut down some players. No sense playing them hurt or giving minutes to guys that wont be around next year

Comment

Raptors_13 wrote: View Post

Except in history the fourth worst record has never yielded the number one pick in 21yrs of the current format. The fifth worst has won it the most times followed by second and third worst.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors will soon start winning games like they do every year near the end.

The Raptors are going to be picking 5th or 6th.
                    The finish does not determine where they pick. The lottery does.

Comment

And with top prospects like Sullinger and maybe Barnes and Irving returning to college, an already disappointing draft gets weaker and weaker. At this rate it's going to be a hoot to follow RR when the debate is which Euro the Raptors should select from Kanter, Valanciunas, and Vesely.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Laws of probability says otherwise.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                          yeah..... the lottery does.......

Comment

Actually, the Kings still are a half game behind the Raptors in the standing, so the mock draft is incorrect, for now. That may change, though.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              Laws of probability says otherwise.
                              Yes because every year the picks are exactly as the teams finish. Pay attention bub. "laws of probability" do not say that the fifth worst team will pick fifth. In the "laws of probability" it is more probable the team will NOT pick according totheir finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X