Everything but twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    No he hasn't. Weems is a better defender (especially when he's defending SGs), 3pt shooter, can run the fast break better and faster (I think?).
    DeMar is a better defender, better shooter, better athlete, younger, better teammate, quicker. And Weems can't hit the three, or the free-shot. Seriously, saying Weems is a better player than DeRozan is like saying DeAndre Jordan is better than Dwight Howard.

Comment

As for the Ed and Amir debate and who starts....It is not who starts the game but who finishes it.

Ed has the potential to fill out and add another 20 pounds, if that happens they can play minutes together during games without a problem.

DeMar is clearly the keeper between him and Weems. You can see it in in the feel for the game.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        DeMar is a better defender, better shooter, better athlete, younger, better teammate, quicker. And Weems can't hit the three, or the free-shot. Seriously, saying Weems is a better player than DeRozan is like saying DeAndre Jordan is better than Dwight Howard.
        No he's not, he can't hit 3s to save his life; Weems 27% Demar 8% (or something). Weems is a better defender, you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Weems is a great teammate. Demar is a "better athlete" but not by a lot. I think Weems is faster then Demar and has a better handle.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          No he's not, he can't hit 3s to save his life and Weems is a better defender, you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Weems is a great teammate. Demar is a "better athlete" but not by a lot. I think Weems is faster then Demar and has a better handle.
          They both can't hit the three to save their lives, but DeMar can drive and get the contact. Weems not so much. Weems is a horrid defender, DeRozan isn't that good either but at least he has flashes. Great teammate? Really? I don't even know what to say, do you watch Raptor games? I haven't seen a role player as selfish as Weems in a while, when he started he was like an untalented J.R Smith. And DeMar is one of the fastest guards in the NBA.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            If you think about it weems is a second year player as well. Only difference Demar has been spoon fed, while Weems has been on a short leash. The reality is they got very similar skills. One may be slightly better in one area and vice versa. But right now when it comes down to it there both highflying shootguards who can hit the j. Only Demar is playing the larger role because we seem his as our future. Personally I like Demar's jumper over weems as well as his ability to draw the foul. I think Weems has more well rounded game he's better in open court and finishing around the rim. Unfortuantly he hasn't had the time to showcase himself. If he's let go IMO he'll be a solid pro in this league.

Deandre and Dwight Really? Based on current and past performance as starters in this league I don't think anyone would question Dwight is by far the better player and furthermore they are completly different types of players. Whereas Weems and Demar have very similar games one is just a bench player the other a starter. One is allowed to play through his mistakes the other burried for his mistakes.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              No.
              Hasn;t he had surgey on his wrist and knee already?

Comment

And you're basing this on.....
                That's a questions I should be asking you more often. I notice you love bringing up past examples as if eac one is totally related to our team and our present situation. So there are way to many examples of past player clashes. But i'll give you an example. Look at Charlie V. in Detroit.Grerg Monroe is starting in his place. He bitches about his role 24/7.

They won 58 games and went to the Eastern Conference Finals two years in a row. I'd say they did pretty damn well. And that was without a true superstar on the team. I'm curious why you don't think a team would be successful with two active big men, who defend, rebound and are very efficient on the offensive end, as your two PFs, but why you think a team with a defensive liability at the 4 can advance far in the playoffs.
                But Did they win the championship? Nobody remembers eastern conference finals champs. No star? wasn't a young man by the name of Reggie Miller on that team? Stop looking for excuses. It's fine to have an active big man I just think if you increase your chances of winning titles if you can have a gasol nowitsky bargnani type at the 4 with an ancor at the center position.

And in 2 years, there's no way Bargnani starts ahead of Ed Davis. Bargnani's far too one dimensional and Davis is already more well rounded than him.
                2 years from now Bargnani will be entering his prime years. Goodluck starting Ed ahead of him.

Why? Because teams have a field day playing zone against teams like Orlando, Oklahoma, Chicago and Denver? You don't need your big men to be able to hit the outside jumper to beat a zone. I'm not sure where you get that from. Besides, the notion that Amir is a poor offensive player is a complete myth. He's become a good shooter from 15 feet, and should continue to improve. And there's no reason to believe Davis won't be able to improve his jumpshot too.
                what do any of those teams you mentioned have to do with Toronto.
                Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Wed Mar 30, 2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                  If you think about it weems is a second year player as well. Only difference Demar has been spoon fed, while Weems has been on a short leash. The reality is they got very similar skills. One may be slightly better in one area and vice versa. But right now when it comes down to it there both highflying shootguards who can hit the j. Only Demar is playing the larger role because we seem his as our future. Personally I like Demar's jumper over weems as well as his ability to draw the foul. I think Weems has more well rounded game he's better in open court and finishing around the rim. Unfortuantly he hasn't had the time to showcase himself. If he's let go IMO he'll be a solid pro in this league.

Deandre and Dwight Really? Based on current and past performance as starters in this league I don't think anyone would question Dwight is by far the better player and furthermore they are completly different types of players. Whereas Weems and Demar have very similar games one is just a bench player the other a starter. One is allowed to play through his mistakes the other burried for his mistakes.
                  Spoon fed? The better player is simply getting more minutes, in the very large and generous amount of minutes Weems has gotten this year (24). Weems hasn't performed in the many opportunities he has been given, he has some good scoring games but even in those it's just that the ball is going in. He's still chucking and ignoring team-mates. Similar skills doesn't necessarily mean they are equally good or beneficial to a team. Weems has nothing near to a well-rounded game, he is good at taking shots, he can't rebound, pass, defend, or anything else really. DeRozan is a really good finisher around the rim, and has had some sick dunks and lay-ups this year. Weems has had the chance to showcase himself, he got 20 minutes a game last year, and 24 this year. And no one wanted Weems before he came to the Raptors. Dorsey has impressed me far more, and has played very short stretches this year.

Actually, for arguments sake, those two players are rather similar. Both very big, strong and athletic. Good rebounders, shot blockers and (at age 21) both are pretty bad post players (Howard has developed a decent post game now). They are similar, but Howard is a far better player, which is like Weems and DeRozan.

Comment

12 Nov 2010... Were all witnesses...

Sonny MONEY Weems biggest money shot of the year. Book it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jktmptYI8E
                    Fluke , book it.You and RaptorsFan4Life are obessed with Weems, hes a bench warmer for life after this season, probably going back to D-League or playing overseas.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

That's a questions I should be asking you more often. I notice you love bringing up past examples as if eac one is totally related to our team and our present situation. So there are way to many examples of past player clashes. But i'll give you an example. Look at Charlie V. in Detroit.Grerg Monroe is starting in his place. He bitches about his role 24/7.
                      I'm never going to say how a player will feel. I can suggest how they might behave based on prior behaviour, but just because one person will act one way doesn't mean another will. That's a bit ridiculous. Amir has never, ever complained about any role he has been given and always done what has been asked of him without complaint. I see no reason to suggest that will change.

But Did they win the championship? Nobody remembers eastern conference finals champs. No star? wasn't a young man by the name of Reggie Miller on that team? Stop looking for excuses. It's fine to have an active big man I just think if you increase your chances of winning titles if you can have a gasol nowitsky bargnani type at the 4 with an ancor at the center position.
                      First of all, I said superstar, not star. Reggie was definitely a star, but he never achieved anything higher than All-NBA 3rd team (something Bosh did, as well). He was never an MVP candidate, which is usually what you need if you want to win a Championship.

Secondly, let's not put Bargnani and Gasol in the same sentence. Even before he was traded to the Lakers, Gasol was an above average rebounder and defender, as well as a good inside scorer. About the only similarities between them is they are both white Europeans.

And while Dirk is a far better scorer, defender and rebounder than Bargnani, he never won a Championship anyway. So if you discount Indiana for not winning a Championship, you have to discount Dallas as well. You can't pick and choose, here.

And the fact of the matter is that no team has ever won a Championship with a starting 4 or 5 that was below average defensively and on the boards. If you're going to bring up history, you can't ignore that fact.

2 years from now Bargnani will be entering his prime years. Goodluck starting Ed ahead of him.
                      Bargnani is IN his prime right now. He's been in the league 5 years, already. He hasn't improved his defense or rebounding in 5 years, so there's no reason to think they will ever improve.

what do any of those teams you mentioned have to do with Toronto.
                      Those teams have a starting front court that doesn't have a big man who is a great outside shooter. All those teams have big men who score close to the basket which, according to you, would struggle against a zone.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hasn;t he had surgey on his wrist and knee already?
                        And in neither case was there any evidence that it was anything but a freak injury, not caused by structural weaknesses or abnormalities.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ed or Amir?

Both have the exact same game. Hustle players who will block and rebound. No offensive games.

Demar or Sonny?

Both have the exact same game. Athletic players who are good jump shooters.

Who would you keep?
                          DeMar and Sonny do not have the exact same game. DeMar plays to his strengths, Sonny plays to his ego.

Ed and Amir both need to stay. The Raptors need a bench if they plan on winning anything.

Comment

Ed or Amir?

Both have the exact same game. Hustle players who will block and rebound. No offensive games.

Demar or Sonny?

Both have the exact same game. Athletic players who are good jump shooters.

Who would you keep?
                            People who say we need to keep both of these guys have no understanding how the real world works. They have no understanding of the concept of limited resource and what the teams urgent need at SF and PG really means.

The decision is simple:

Trade Amir and get some value back. If he is as awesome of talent as Raptor fans think, then we should be able to get some real value back.

Package Sonny and James Johnson and Bayless and get some real talent back in Toronto.

Comment

You keep both. how can anyone say that 1 or the other has to be dealt? you need a minimum of 3 good bigs and a fourth (Dorsey) who will keep working his tail off to belong. Just like you need 2 PG who are basically starters on a team. The season is way too long for 1 man on the point or 2 bigs down low. Injuries ALWAYS happen so don't give away a talent because he can't start or some other lame excuse. A reaaly smart player knows his career can be extended when he doesn't have to log heavy minutes. How has San Antonio been hurt with their approach to the regular season by limiting minutes ?

Comment

broo where u beeen?

You should know by now...

they dont call sonny MONEY for nutting...
                                Explain why he was in the D league? and when he was with denver they sat his ass at the end of the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X