No announcement yet.

Amir Johnson, a Raptor with " Most Positive Impact"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you kidding me? Amir is the MVP for the Raptors this year, and stats definitely do not show what he does on the court.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Where is Liston to show us some data and explain how 3 points and 6 rebound is the " most positive impact" a Raptor play had tonight?
      I'm here.
      1) I will never draw conclusions based on one game.
      2) See: "Amir Johnson’s toughness not quite enough for Raptors"
      3) “He tapes it up and says, ‘It’s just painful, I’m not going to cause any more injuries, so let me go,’” Triano said.
      4) If you're a true Raptors fan, you'll appreciate players that will do anything to help their team win. Including playing when you shouldn't (I'm actually against this, despite my respect for what's he's trying to do, as I'm concerned about a more serious injury)
      5) He was not individually effective in this game.
      6) What impact does it have on a team when a injured player suits up and gives 100% of what they have? How do they react?
      7) How do teammates respond when they see one of their better players give up? Not put in the effort?
      8) Has Vince Carter, Chris Bosh or Andrea Bargnani ever given back to a fan base like this?

Amir Johnson's contract is worth every penny. Winning teams have players that pride themselves on unselfish play, defense and hustle.
      http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
        I'm here.
        3) “He tapes it up and says, ‘It’s just painful, I’m not going to cause any more injuries, so let me go,’” Triano said.
        4) If you're a true Raptors fan, you'll appreciate players that will do anything to help their team win. Including playing when you shouldn't (I'm actually against this, despite my respect for what's he's trying to do, as I'm concerned about a more serious injury)
        5) He was not individually effective in this game.
        6) What impact does it have on a team when a injured player suits up and gives 100% of what they have? How do they react?
        7) How do teammates respond when they see one of their better players give up? Not put in the effort?
        8) Has Vince Carter, Chris Bosh or Andrea Bargnani ever given back to a fan base like this?

Amir Johnson's contract is worth every penny. Winning teams have players that pride themselves on unselfish play, defense and hustle.
        Coming through in the clutch. Well said.

Comment

Alvin must have loved that because he prided himself on being tough as nails and playing through injuries that would cause a lesser man like Vince Carter to be in a body cast. Ok, that was an exaggeration but you get what I'm saying.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Are you kidding me? Amir is the MVP for the Raptors this year, and stats definitely do not show what he does on the court.
            They do show them, turnovers, fouls , turnovers, fouls fouls fouls

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              Effort, defense, hustle, heart.

Comment

Effort, defense, hustle, heart.
                Right.

Very subjective terms, it's all optics brotha.

Amir's hustle: over defending, fouling , diving out of bounds to throw a loose ball back to the other team

Comment

On vital stats Gooden is approx 1 pt. better than AJ and less in all others (a couple of mins less pg).

The Bucks are a playoff calibre team (better than Raps).

The Bucks (as a team) were playing desperate last night for a playoff spot.

Gooden in 2 previous games had 2 & 7 pts/game.

Gooden gets more shots to makeup for Maggette & the Turkish player (forget his name) dnp & injured.

Gooden played well last night but is a lazy player imo...plays when he wants to.

Delfino's shot was falling last night...not so all the time...but a nice player to have...but we have AJ in exchange.

This was not a comparison you needed... to beat up on BC.

Comment

Actually, they do, and what they show is pretty good for a guy we're paying $5M this year.

Salary $5.0M, below league average of $5.35M
                    PER 18.0, above league average of 16
                    WS/48 0.150, while I have some issues with WS, this is in what WS categorizes as "star" territory

PF/36 at a career low
                    TO% at a career low
                    TS% stable above 60%

13.6 pts per 36
                    9.1 reb per 36

All of this in career high MPG (25). For this year, we're getting above average play from below average salary, which is already good. Ideally he will improve further and justify his salary increases year over year, but that remains to be seen. His progress this year is promising, though.

Comment

Considering he's been injured for like half the season Amir has been doing a pretty decent job. Next year I expect him to play even better, and when we hopefully pick up a real centre to play alongside Amir; and Ed improves his game, we'll have a very effective front court. The only problem is that there aren't any real centres out there that look like they're going to be on the market. Somebody like Greg Oden or Andrew Bynum would be perfect, but any big man that shows promise is likely staying put. The draft seems to be our only solution, but there's only 1 or 2 guys that there that fit the typical centre mold. On top of that one of them is Turkish, and with the Hedo incident I'd be a little wary of bringing in another Turkish player (with the fear that Hedo will be talking shit about the city to him and shaping his opinion).
                      Last edited by nubreed000; Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        Considering he's been injured for like half the season Amir has been doing a pretty decent job. Next year I expect him to play even better, and when we hopefully pick up a real centre to play alongside Amir; and Ed improves his game, we'll have a very effective front court. The only problem is that there aren't any real centres out there that look like they're going to be on the market. Somebody like Greg Oden or Andrew Bynum would be perfect, but any big man that shows promise is likely staying put. The draft seems to be our only solution, but there's only 1 or 2 guys that there that fit the typical centre mold. On top of that one of them is Turkish, and with the Hedo incident I'd be a little wary of bringing in another Turkish player (with the fear that Hedo will be talking shit about the city to him and shaping his opinion).
                        So you want inujuryfoulproneAmir and Ed to play PF? And then busta-knees Oden or bynum to play C?

Comment

Derp one turnover per game derp

Comment

So you want inujuryfoulproneAmir and Ed to play PF? And then busta-knees Oden or bynum to play C?
                            No I meant somebody LIKE them. As in, similar games.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              No I meant somebody LIKE them. As in, similar games.
                              Now that I can agree with. Bynum has been very consistent recently as well. Oden just scares me.

Comment

I'm here.
                                Wrong !!! Look at the last 4-5 games , you don't need to look at one game. Plus, this one game was the heads up match up of Gooden , who you used to justify Amir's contract all season long against Amir and we saw who came up the winner.

Who cares !!! This is NOT UFC. When he is hurt and he comes in, he is not only hurting himself BUT he is also hurting the team !!! He is taking valuable minutes away from young guy like Ed while putting in a miserable effort.

He should be a team player and ask the coach to sit him down. His below the average and selfish desire to play EVEN when hurt, allows guys like Gooden to spank him and take advantage of the whole team. Look at last nights result for the proof.

Again, irrelevant what Jay the village idiot says. Jay is the guy who is playing Evans these days instead focusing on youth development !!

Do you think Amir Johnson would be allowed to come on the court and play so weak and get exposed on every single play and then get praised as well in a team like Lakers or Boston !!!

Kobe can do this because even when he is hurt, he is a head and shoulder above the rest of NBA. A guy like Amir who has skill set that border lines D-League, should not be allowed on the court unless he is 100% or team really needs a body on the court.

I think I address that above already. I think Amir Johnson less than his 100% is actually HURTING the team than Helping. The result of last night speaks volume and can be used as a proof.

you are simply repeating yourself with Cliche words on the other points you are trying to make so I will not even address it.

Amir Johnson's contract is worth every penny.
                                Who says that !!! His Agent !!

Winning teams have players that pride themselves on unselfish play, defense and hustle.
                                No, they also pride themselves on their skills, Basketball IQ, being able to dribble the ball, being able to beat their man off the dribble, being able to pass, being able to be a part of complicated set play, being able to have a strong nerve and not foul on astonishing rate , being able to stay cool at the end of the game and not foul a three point shooting player in an attempt and ...

Unselfish play DOES NOT mean coming to court when you are NOT 100% and getting exposed on every single play.

Comment

Working...
                                X