Man, that hurts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, that hurts...

I was cleaning my inbox today and I found an old email thread I exchanged exactly one year ago with a friend of mine who's a Bulls fan.

Talking about which team would grab the 8th spot, how our teams sucked but how they would rock more than each other's in the future. Basic fan conversation enhanced by the fact that they were engaged in a playoff race against each other.

Now what ? In just a year, they have a very legit shot at the best league record and we have a very legit shot at the #1 pick.

This is obviously no news, and we all know rebuilding around youth is the good strategy, but reading this thread reaaaaaaally killed my day.

Just wanted to share it.

They hit home runs in the draft at the two most important positions, center and PG.

If the Raptors can hit a home run at any position in this draft suddenly they look twice as promising.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
      I was cleaning my inbox today and I found an old email thread I exchanged exactly one year ago with a friend of mine who's a Bulls fan.

Talking about which team would grab the 8th spot, how our teams sucked but how they would rock more than each other's in the future. Basic fan conversation enhanced by the fact that they were engaged in a playoff race against each other.

Now what ? In just a year, they have a very legit shot at the best league record and we have a very legit shot at the #1 pick.

This is obviously no news, and we all know rebuilding around youth is the good strategy, but reading this thread reaaaaaaally killed my day.

Just wanted to share it.
      I would see this as positive man. We were stuck in mediocrity, which is hard to get out of.

We tanked this year, hopefully pickup Kemba or Kyrie in the draft (a la CGO and D Rose), and start the re-up. We NEED a new coach cut from the same cloth as Thibs. He did ALOT for the bulls this year.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        We NEED a new coach cut from the same cloth as Thibs. He did ALOT for the bulls this year.
        Well to be honest, even if I would never have admitted this in our email exchange cause it'd have killed the whole "you suck, i rule" concept which our conversation was based on, we both knew that the only fix they had to make to become a good team was getting rid of VDN. Signing Boozer turned good into great and saved them a couple of years.

Our To-do list was (and still is) a bit more complex...

Comment

You got it. Rose and Noah were big time draft scores. Thibs is an unreal coach. Booze and Korver help ALOT, even Deng has improved with the roster improvement. Taj has some skills.

Comment

They actually did much more for their bench depth as well...Brewer, Korver, Asik (who was probably there already I believe). Thats a good organization as well with the owner who is in the professional sports business and doesnt meddle much.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              They actually did much more for their bench depth as well...Brewer, Korver, Asik (who was probably there already I believe). Thats a good organization as well with the owner who is in the professional sports business and doesnt meddle much.
              basically an owner that knows what it takes to build a winning team and not just sell tickets.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                basically an owner that knows what it takes to build a winning team and not just sell tickets.
                I agree 100% with that statement

Comment

Hopefully once the teachers pension sells their shares in MLSE, we too may have an owner like that.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Hopefully once the teachers pension sells their shares in MLSE, we too may have an owner like that.
                    Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but isn't Reinsdorf generally regarded as a cheap-skate owner that milks the Bulls and pours the money into the white sox? Don't Bulls fans generally dislike the man for not shelling out during the Jordan years and beyond?

Comment

Working...
                    X