Philly and Raptors trade proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly and Raptors trade proposal

I was thinking of this trade after reading brothersteve's blog regarding the following:

"The 76ers need a pass first point guard to resurrect Brand’s career and the Raptors need a starting shooting guard. Is an Iguodala and Holiday for Calderon and DeRozan (plus parts) deal possible?"

I highly doubt that Iggy is going anywhere anytime soon especially not for a package for Calderon and DD.

"The obvious holes in the current Raptors line-up are at:
    3.An experienced shot blocking, defensive big man. A very young Amir Johnson has provided energy off the bench but is over-matched in size and strength at times. Reggie Evans, who doesn’t block shots, has yet to play a game, and Rasho Nesterovic watches from the bench"

This I agree, I find that Amir tends to dissapear most times, Rasho barley plays, and we don't know when or how much we can get out of Reggie who missed half a season already.

1.Starting shooting guard where the Raptors are relying on the rookie DeMar DeRozan with options to use the inexperienced Marco Belinelli or the limited Antoine Wright.

Yes that hole does need to be plugged by a rugged veteran who can shoot and also attack the basket on a more consistent basis.

Bare that in mind here is what I propose (trade works in the ESPN trade machine)

Raptors trade:

Calderon, Banks, Amir Johnson and Antoine Wright

for

S. Dalembert, Jrue Holiday and Willie Green

I say both teams benefit and are able to plug some key holes while allocating expensive contracts to a more useful position players.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Jan 8, 2010, 04:57 AM.

The problem with trading DeRozan for Iggy is that I believe he will be better than Iggy in the long run...
    Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I was thinking of this trade after reading brothersteve's blog regarding the following:

"The 76ers need a pass first point guard to resurrect Brand’s career and the Raptors need a starting shooting guard. Is an Iguodala and Holiday for Calderon and DeRozan (plus parts) deal possible?"

I highly doubt that Iggy is going anywhere anytime soon especially not for a package for Calderon and DD.

"The obvious holes in the current Raptors line-up are at:
      3.An experienced shot blocking, defensive big man. A very young Amir Johnson has provided energy off the bench but is over-matched in size and strength at times. Reggie Evans, who doesn’t block shots, has yet to play a game, and Rasho Nesterovic watches from the bench"

This I agree, I find that Amir tends to dissapear most times, Rasho barley plays, and we don't know when or how much we can get out of Reggie who missed half a season already.

1.Starting shooting guard where the Raptors are relying on the rookie DeMar DeRozan with options to use the inexperienced Marco Belinelli or the limited Antoine Wright.

Yes that hole does need to be plugged by a rugged veteran who can shoot and also attack the basket on a more consistent basis.

Bare that in mind here is what I propose (trade works in the ESPN trade machine)

Raptors trade:

Calderon, Banks, Amir Johnson and Antoine Wright

for

S. Dalembert, Jrue Holiday and Willie Green

I say both teams benefit and are able to plug some key holes while allocating expensive contracts to a more useful position players.
      Only issue with the trade is it will put the Raps into Lux tax territory. And SD 15%, ~$3m trade kicker. (Maybe 76ers would pay for the trade kicker?)

But Dalembert would be a huge up grade as the 3rd guy in the Raps big man rotation.
      Not sure if Green is better than what the Raps have at SG now though.
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Deanialist wrote: View Post
        The problem with trading DeRozan for Iggy is that I believe he will be better than Iggy in the long run...
        That's the type of forward thinking that would get this deal done.

DeRozan does have the potential to be better, in a few years.

Of course Iguodala is a known quantity and is very good. Thus making the Raps much better right now. And he's only 25.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Dalembert is an expensive player who starts and plays centre. What happens to Bargnani? While I agree we need more interior defense I see this player to be a sub who can also be in there at crunch time and a piece...not a starter....unless you are premising these options based on other moves or Bosh leaving.

Comment

Deanialist wrote: View Post
            On what basis do you think that?! that is a big leap for Derozan to make to be from what he is now to something better then Iggy. Sure you can point to many players that started slow but then exploded but there are also many other players that started slow and never really taken off.

Thus far Derozen jumpshot is suspect and has difficulty in creating his own dunks off the dribble. Sure some can point to the fact that he is a young rookie with not a whole lot of experience and that may be a valid argument but it doesn't mean that he can improve significantly on those two issues that he will become and elite player.

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Dalembert is an expensive player who starts and plays centre. What happens to Bargnani? While I agree we need more interior defense I see this player to be a sub who can also be in there at crunch time and a piece...not a starter....unless you are premising these options based on other moves or Bosh leaving.
            Nothing happens to Bargnani, he is doing fine complementing Bosh right now.

Dalembert will be the first big to come off the bench and in case Bosh leaves, you have at least some adequate relief for 1 more season as an insurance just in case. As it stands right now we don't have an insurance if Bosh leaves and we lose him for nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X