What Happens To Sonny Weems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens To Sonny Weems?

Does he stay or does he go? Would he play better in a different system?
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

he thought "core strengthening" was a call of duty upgrade.... and sealed his own invite to a d-league training camp

Comment

He stays, 4 years 16 million and plays SG.

"Would he play better in a different system?"

Ya, he'd be great in the Suns or GSW system that's more run and gun.

Comment

$4M/yr? That's in Anthony Parker 2006 territory. Who's Colangelo bidding against in that scenario?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He stays, 4 years 16 million and plays SG.

"Would he play better in a different system?"

Ya, he'd be great in the Suns or GSW system that's more run and gun.
          I don't see BC handing out $16M over 4 years for a guy to play shooting guard behind DD and Barbosa.

Comment

Himself? IDK... BC isn't great at resigning. Maybe 5 years 16million...

Comment

Unless we can sign him for absolute dirt cheap, to quote Jack Armstrong:

Turrrn out the lighhttsssss...the party'sss overrrr

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Himself? IDK... BC isn't great at resigning. Maybe 5 years 16million...
                So you're predicting Colangelo just gives him $4M/yr for the hell of it. I don't see him getting more that a couple million at the max. This is why I was scratching my head. I guess time will tell but I don't see Colangelo handing him a pay day after he's been ineffective, inefficient and unable to beat out other guys for minutes.

Comment

Weems needs to learn how to play the 2 guard spot full time and go to a team that has good shooters so he can give them a different look off the bench.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    So you're predicting Colangelo just gives him $4M/yr for the hell of it. I don't see him getting more that a couple million at the max. This is why I was scratching my head. I guess time will tell but I don't see Colangelo handing him a pay day after he's been ineffective, inefficient and unable to beat out other guys for minutes.
                    I agree. I would be mad if he spent more than a couple mil a year.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Weems needs to learn how to play the 2 guard spot full time and go to a team that has good shooters so he can give them a different look off the bench.
                      I agree. I think he can play in the NBA as an effective back up 2 guard. He is not a SF. Unfortunately for him in TOR, he is behind DD and possibly Barbosa again next year. Also, even with Barbosa gone, his game is too similar to DD's. It would be nice to have a different look coming off the bench. As always, all my opinion.

Comment

its unfortunate Weems got injured and never really had a full season to showcase himself alongside Demar. Since James Johnson is now getting the majority of Weems minutes we'll never really know how that would have worked out. I hope he stays just don't know how it will work out.

Comment

March-24th-Edition-of-Hoops-weems.mp3

Comment

I'm all for resigning him, for the right price. He just needs to work harder on defense.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                              its unfortunate Weems got injured and never really had a full season to showcase himself alongside Demar. Since James Johnson is now getting the majority of Weems minutes we'll never really know how that would have worked out. I hope he stays just don't know how it will work out.
                              Why are they Weems' minutes? What has he done to have a lock on those minutes?
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X