What Happens To Sonny Weems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    What?!???!!!!! I wouldn't even drop a mil on his ass. You're essentially giving the guy a 400% raise for what? Playing Call of Duty in his lonesome? Try E-Harmony Sonny. I heard it works for marginal D-Leaguers. Four million. Wow.
    Sonny was playing great before he got hurt and he started playing better as he got healthier but JJ came in and stole his min.

Comment

I don't like Weems.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Sonny was playing great before he got hurt and he started playing better as he got healthier but JJ came in and stole his min.
        I don't recall Weems ever playing great basketball as a Raptor. His best game probably consisted of him hitting shots he shouldn't take. Nothing else.

Comment

Bingo.

Comment

either

bye bye

or 1.5 million per year 2 year deal

the 1.5 is a fuck you you're underperforming you're lucky to have a job number

a 50% raise for the shit sandwiches you've been serving up is more than generous

Comment

I can see a 1 year 1.1 million dollar deal. His last chance to show BC that hes a team player and not a brick layer.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I'd be fine with him leaving; He's done nothing to improve his game over the last season and a half.
                I'd rather find a young guy who goes undrafted, or from the D-league. Someone who's so determined and desperate to make it to the big club that he'll do whatever the coaches/organization tell him to do. (like, Play Defense!)

Comment

Do you guys think he could make a great transition to another team like Marco Belinelli?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Do you guys think he could make a great transition to another team like Marco Belinelli?
                    I don't know about a "great" transition, but I do think he can be a solid role player; he's got the physical tools, he just needs to play smart, team basketball, and not jack up too many shots too early in the shot clock. Focusing on D would help as well, but I guess you could say that about a lot of players.
                    Get him on a team like the Spurs, Heat or Nuggets; teams with established coaches/systems, where if you don't toe the company line, you don't play; and he'll thrive. TOR has a country-club atmosphere, with almost no accountability.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Belinelli was a better player overall. He could shoot a lot better and defend a lot better than Weems can. They both don't rebound or pass very much but Belinelli has good ball-handling skills and they are both athletic. I do think that Belinelli would have been good as a backup this year, considering Wright didn't play.

Comment

Sonny's biggest issue - not talented enough to be a starter and not focused enough to be productive off the bench. He will be roster filler for a team next year. Likely around 2m per (or less).

6 months ago I would have said to sign him to keep DD company but Demar actually started playing better after Weems was injuried (seemed he was more engaged). I don't see Weems coming back...the cash can be put to better use.

Comment

I think Sonny's main problem is that he doesn't have enough talent to the play style he's playing.

Comment

Working...
                          X