The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White is bush league.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      Dana White is bush league.
      I wanna watch the fight again but my initial reactions after watching it were that Hendricks was robbed big-time.

Comment

• I just watched the fight ... Hendricks landed some big shots, but they didn't do ANYTHING to GSP. He continued to land more shots on Hendricks and took him down twice in the 5th round. Hendricks put up the best effort so far against GSP, but if he lets it go to the judges, then he hasn't done enough to steal the belt away from the Legend that is St. Pierre.
        Great fight. GSP has a head made out of Concrete. Its amazing.

Did he retire at the end??
        Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 18, 2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I just watched the fight ... Hendricks landed some big shots, but they didn't do ANYTHING to GSP. He continued to land more shots on Hendricks and took him down twice in the 5th round. Hendricks put up the best effort so far against GSP, but if he lets it go to the judges, then he hasn't done enough to steal the belt away from the Legend that is St. Pierre.

Nobody really knows what he meant but reports came out today that GSP is feeling a bit better and Dana White is confident they will schedule a date for a rematch in a couple weeks, sounds like sometime in May.

Comment

I just watched the fight ... Hendricks landed some big shots, but they didn't do ANYTHING to GSP. He continued to land more shots on Hendricks and took him down twice in the 5th round. Hendricks put up the best effort so far against GSP, but if he lets it go to the judges, then he hasn't done enough to steal the belt away from the Legend that is St. Pierre.

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't say they didn't do anything ,though.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/tim-...s-bush-league/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/dana...tiring-speech/

this is why Dana White is bush league.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/whit...rebuke-of-gsp/
            Last edited by LBF; Tue Nov 19, 2013, 12:51 AM.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

agreed

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                agreed
                "Hey, Dana. Don't you think maybe you should talk to Georges before you start dumping on him?"

"No...."

Fucking pompous, arrogant asswipe.

I love how he says at the beginning "I'm a fight promoter and GSP is the biggest draw in the company". But, yet thinks against giving the respect and consulting the guy before he dumps all over him.

Comment

• Dana White is a piece of trash. What he has in drive and cutthroat business acumen, he more than has washed away with his ignorance and lack of character.

He has shit all over every star that has made him cash, he doesn't give a shit about his employee's and he just bit the hand that feeds him most.

I hope GSP leaves, immediately. Don't make that franchise another penny George.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    I wanna watch the fight again but my initial reactions after watching it were that Hendricks was robbed big-time.
                    agreed...

i'm not mad though... if you let it go to decision, it turns into a popularity contest.. no matter how badly you beat the crap out of the other dude..

Comment

• He's a middleweight.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        agreed...

i'm not mad though... if you let it go to decision, it turns into a popularity contest.. no matter how badly you beat the crap out of the other dude..

I agree with that kind of. I believe that you should do everything in your power to prevent it from going to decision because you can't expect to beat the champ on a decision. Hendricks was all pissed off like he got screwed, yet he held his fate in his own hands for 25 minutes. He said after the fight he was "only giving 70%"..what kind of a fucking idiot only gives 70% against the champ?

He's saying how he wants the title more than anything and that he should be champ. Yet, he didn't even give it his all when he got his opportunity..wtf?

What's Hendriks IQ? Fucking borderline retarded?

Guy deserved to lose and doesn't deserve another shot..

Give it to someone who will give it their all.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                          Dana White is a piece of trash. What he has in drive and cutthroat business acumen, he more than has washed away with his ignorance and lack of character.

He has shit all over every star that has made him cash, he doesn't give a shit about his employee's and he just bit the hand that feeds him most.

I hope GSP leaves, immediately. Don't make that franchise another penny George.

GSP could definitely walk, he's made around 15-20 million his last 3 fights(including this one).

Comment

I agree with that kind of. I believe that you should do everything in your power to prevent it from going to decision because you can't expect to beat the champ on a decision. Hendricks was all pissed off like he got screwed, yet he held his fate in his own hands for 25 minutes. He said after the fight he was "only giving 70%"..what kind of a fucking idiot only gives 70% against the champ?

He's saying how he wants the title more than anything and that he should be champ. Yet, he didn't even give it his all when he got his opportunity..wtf?

What's Hendriks IQ? Fucking borderline retarded?

Guy deserved to lose and doesn't deserve another shot..

Give it to someone who will give it their all.
                            the 70% thing is totally getting taken out of context.

he wasn't saying that he wasn't trying 100%... he was saying he was trying to only use 70% of his power... it's a 5 round fight.. he had to conserve energy where he could... GSP isn't exactly known for quick exciting fights... he's known for the 5 round grinds.. If Hendricks blew his load in the early rounds, he would have been screwed in the 5th when GSP finally managed to be competitive

sadly, a decision win has about as much validity as being an NBA allstar... its a popularity contest, and no reflection on your actual quality of performance.. look at how many bs decisions Frankie edgar won in a row..

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              the 70% thing is totally getting taken out of context.

he wasn't saying that he wasn't trying 100%... he was saying he was trying to only use 70% of his power... it's a 5 round fight.. he had to conserve energy where he could... GSP isn't exactly known for quick exciting fights... he's known for the 5 round grinds.. If Hendricks blew his load in the early rounds, he would have been screwed in the 5th when GSP finally managed to be competitive

sadly, a decision win has about as much validity as being an NBA allstar... its a popularity contest, and no reflection on your actual quality of performance.. look at how many bs decisions Frankie edgar won in a row..
                              But if you look at how the Rounds were scored, it comes down to the 1st Round.
                              No one would, or did, disagree that GSP won the 3rd and 5th.
                              No one would, or did, disagree that Hendricks won the 2nd and 4th.

So I can't see the Frist Round being scored as a popularity contest.
                              GSP took him down with ease in the First Round and landed more shots.
                              Hendricks had those Elbows and a weak takedown of his own. It was a close fight.

No one got robbed of anything. Hendricks just didn't do enough to win. Thats it.
                              Just because GSP looked like Sloth from the Goonies at the end, it means shit.

Comment

But if you look at how the Rounds were scored, it comes down to the 1st Round.
                                No one would, or did, disagree that GSP won the 3rd and 5th.
                                No one would, or did, disagree that Hendricks won the 2nd and 4th.

So I can't see the Frist Round being scored as a popularity contest.
                                GSP took him down with ease in the First Round and landed more shots.
                                Hendricks had those Elbows and a weak takedown of his own. It was a close fight.

No one got robbed of anything. Hendricks just didn't do enough to win. Thats it.
                                Just because GSP looked like Sloth from the Goonies at the end, it means shit.
                                i'll concede the first round... it was fairly even... and could have gone either way in the eyes of the judges... personally, I gave it to Hendricks... when a round is that even, I have to give it to the guy who did more damage

in my opinion, the 3rd is just as debatable.. st pierre out pointed him on the feet.. but Hendricks had the grappling advantage.. again, i'd score it for the guy who did more damage..

2 & 4 were all Hendricks...

the 5th was GSPs for sure... but it was kind of lackluster... he never really had Hendricks in trouble... he just pointed the round well... GSP managed to finally get his TD game going... even though he couldn't do anything with it... literally, ZERO transitions.. topside transitions have historically been his bread and butter.. but he couldn't advance position at all

I hate to sound like the Stockton playbook on this.... but when rounds are close, the edge should go to the guy who does the most damage.. and in that sense, I gave both the 1st and 3rd to Hendricks..

but again... can't be mad... don't go to decisions... period. it's a crapshoot at the best of times..

Pride rules... where a fight is judged on the entirety of the fight.. as a fight.. Hendricks is the clear winner

Nevada rules... where a fight is judged per round and points count more than damage.... Hendricks is the winner... but I won't argue that it's not quite as decisive

Comment

Working...
                                X