The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    That punch after the bell in the 2nd was BRUTAL. The fact points weren't deducted for that is ridiculous.
    Normally, I would say it should have been a warning but she should have lost a point for the first one. It was clearly intentional and late. At least it deserved a warning and, honestly, the second time should have been a straight DQ.

Without the points deduction, though, I do think she lost. She wasted way too much effort with the takedown attempts and pressing her against the cage. She hasn't looked good after the Rousey fight. Losing to Tate was unacceptable and she was flat the last two fights. Might be time to hang it up...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Normally, I would say it should have been a warning but she should have lost a point for the first one. It was clearly intentional and late. At least it deserved a warning and, honestly, the second time should have been a straight DQ.

Without the points deduction, though, I do think she lost. She wasted way too much effort with the takedown attempts and pressing her against the cage. She hasn't looked good after the Rousey fight. Losing to Tate was unacceptable and she was flat the last two fights. Might be time to hang it up...
      i agree with this, i don't think it is time to hang them up though she might get pushed out. i thought she was winning the entire misha fight and made one mistake, shevchenko is going to be 135 champion and i think she won this fight.

there definitely should have been at least one point deducted. i thought she was trying to tire out germaine and get rid of some of that power but failed and couldn't/wouldn't change game plans. i did feel like holly was the one pushing the offense and staying aggressive.

when i saw the poirier/miller fight, which was the only fight was was looking forward to, was brutal i really thought this card would suck and then that fight still won fight of the night. just a shitty shitty card for anyone that paid 70 bucks to watch.

i also thought that the silva/brunson fight should have been brunson.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i agree with this, i don't think it is time to hang them up though she might get pushed out. i thought she was winning the entire misha fight and made one mistake, shevchenko is going to be 135 champion and i think she won this fight.

there definitely should have been at least one point deducted. i thought she was trying to tire out germaine and get rid of some of that power but failed and couldn't/wouldn't change game plans. i did feel like holly was the one pushing the offense and staying aggressive.

when i saw the poirier/miller fight, which was the only fight was was looking forward to, was brutal i really thought this card would suck and then that fight still won fight of the night. just a shitty shitty card for anyone that paid 70 bucks to watch.

i also thought that the silva/brunson fight should have been brunson.
        I've gone back and forth on this one ... but I now think the decision was ok. I gave Silva round 2, and looking at Round 3, Brunson didn't actually do anything, and the shots he did land looked soft and didn't hurt Silva, ever. For the last 90 seconds on the ground, Silva was way more active from the bottom, landing several elbows. So I can at least understand how the 29-28 judges scored .. no clue how anybody gives Silva Round 1 though, with the 30-27 score.

Comment

• gsp coming back to fight bisping. great news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/georges...RfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Comment

• really looking forward to the black beast smashing the shit out of browne. if lewis would lay off the snack packs and just run himself into shape he would be champion. lewis said he is using the fact travis beats his wife as motivation. haha

rest of the card is meh. hendricks will lose to lombard in a shitty shitty fight.

Comment

• can't believe hendricks won.

black beast with a tko

Comment

can't believe hendricks won.

black beast with a tko
                Browne was out cold once Lewis landed a couple of shots on the ground .. it was a legit KO. Haha
                It looks like Lewis' fists weigh about 600lbs when he throws them .. god damn.

I think Hendicks at 185 will be good.

Comment

• like cinder blocks just smashing into your face. his arms just look like they are lackadaisically moving through the air and then bam. unconcious.

after his last win he was upset with his cardio complaining he doesn't want to be like dada5000. heavyweight is 205-265 and lewis has to cut weight to make it. hahaha. beast. i also love the gorilla smash and yell. dude is a pure silverback

Comment

can't believe hendricks won.

black beast with a tko
                    Lombard is slow and plodding and out of shape. He had little left after the first round. Guy is too big. Hendricks didn't look great at all to me but he was more active and controlled the fight other than at the start of the first round.

Lewis looked pretty comfortable in that win. Looked to be in better shape than before....

Comment

• the newfie kid, gavin tucker, looked incredible. wow.

Comment

• Can't wait for the next card. Already reserved a table at the bar. Khabib will be champ and hopefully so will wonderboy. Really don't care about the Evans fight but hunt/overeem should be good.

Comment

• Joanna vs andrade at ufc 211. Not a bad looking card. The stipe/dos Santos fight will be a boxing match more than anything though.

Comment

• i am so excited for this card that last night i dreamed that khabib was beating the shit out of fergusson. i think i might be devastated if he loses.

kavanaugh predicts khabib to win. seeing lots of people calling fergusson with a long armed darce choke or some kind of tenth planet magic that maybe khabib isn't super familiar with.

Comment

• i am jack's sense of severe disappointment. khabib/fergusson cancelled. god damn it

Comment

i am jack's sense of severe disappointment. khabib/fergusson cancelled. god damn it
                                Whaaat?! Goddamnit!

Edit: Shit, Doctors orders because weight issues .. probably severe dehydration. I guess he was transported to the hospital and is still there?
                                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 3, 2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X