No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khabib is amazing. when the fight started and it was only 3 rounds, even though it was a pay per view co-main event, i felt bad. then i felt good for barbosa, because another 10 minutes of that isn't what he needed. i feel we could line up almost all of khabib's fights and listen to just one audio, and they would sync up. by the end of the 2nd or 3rd rounds rogan, and others will begin to praise the absolute heart of khabib's opponent, and beg the ref to just stop the fight. haha

guy is an absolute beast. no way tony ferguson beats this guy. it could happen, but not going to.

Comment

• Khabib is a monster. Can't believe Barbosa survived to hear the final bell. That first round was beyond dominant once it went to the ground. So many times Barbosa could have thrown elbows from the bottom and landed them but he was so caught up in just trying to not die. Lol He didn't land a single shot from the ground all fight. That's ridiculous.

Comment

• Yeah. The standing down punches were hitting with some nasty sounds.

Taking a head kick was pretty boss too, and madman flying knees to close distance. I just wish he had a sambo stomping 10th planet t-shirt from reebok to wear afterwards.

Barbosa didn't stop trying to win that fight, which was impressive.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          Yeah. The standing down punches were hitting with some nasty sounds.

Taking a head kick was pretty boss too, and madman flying knees to close distance. I just wish he had a sambo stomping 10th planet t-shirt from reebok to wear afterwards.

Barbosa didn't stop trying to win that fight, which was impressive.
          Was super impressed with Barbosa not dying, but like when he landed that spinning kick to the head in the 3rd (I think), I was just thinking "Oh man, you're only going to piss him off even more". Lol

Would be REALLY curious to see what he could actually do against Conor ... I think it would be a mauling...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Would be REALLY curious to see what he could actually do against Conor ... I think it would be a mauling...
            probably worse than johnson got. he felt bad having to do that to johnson. he wants to do it to conor.

Comment

• korean superboy on tonight's free card. his first fight since he lost to cub, and it is against jeremy stevens. someone is going to sleep.

Comment

• Choi looked good until Stevens got rocked with a head kick and went berserk. Really looked like he was surprised at how hard Stevens hits.

I thought Paige won her fight, but still ballsy as fuck to finish a 3 round fight after breaking your arm in the first round.

Comment

• Can't post tweets in here, but this is one that's making the rounds:
                  "Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS."
                  UFC doing the right thing here. Conor hasn't fought in almost a year and a half. Time to let the division move on.

Comment

Can't post tweets in here, but this is one that's making the rounds:

UFC doing the right thing here. Conor hasn't fought in almost a year and a half. Time to let the division move on.
                    Awesome. I think Tony is a smug douche

Comment

• Really hope stipe wins this weekend. Naganou looks like a fully armored predator alien, he is a terrifying human.

Cormier going to beat volkan. I doubt volkan punches as hard as rumble or punches as hard as Jones kicks, and he only has one chance to win.

The rest of the card looks meh, I like Thomas almeida too.

Comment

• Tough night tonight. Raps start at nine, and the two fights I want to see are Cormier and stipe.

Comment

Really hope stipe wins this weekend. Naganou looks like a fully armored predator alien, he is a terrifying human.
                          20lb difference between them too. Ngannou is a destroyer of worlds. He will beat Stipe. And I like Stipe alot. But that weight difference will prove to be too much for him I think.

Comment

20lb difference between them too. Ngannou is a destroyer of worlds. He will beat Stipe. And I like Stipe alot. But that weight difference will prove to be too much for him I think.
                            Well shoot, boy was I wrong. And never happier to be so wrong. Haha But then again, I had no idea Ngannou would turn into that big of a useless blob for 4 rounds. Ngannous head is apparently made of stone as well. Lol
                            Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 21, 2018, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Well shoot, boy was I wrong. And never happier to be so wrong. Haha But then again, I had no idea Ngannou would turn into that big of a useless blob for 4 rounds. Ngannous head is apparently made of stone as well. Lol
                              great job by stipe. after the fight my wife, even though she watched the whole beating, was surprised stipe won, because nganou didn't have any damage showing. some of those 1st round haymakers were really close.

Comment

great job by stipe. after the fight my wife, even though she watched the whole beating, was surprised stipe won, because nganou didn't have any damage showing. some of those 1st round haymakers were really close.
                                Hey now, he had a cut lip, c'mon man ... haha

Comment

Working...
                                X