No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the thing that I'm most surprised about is that CJ Ross wasn't the one judging it.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmhi1qJP4oo

Joe Rogan on Opie & Anthony following ufc 167... interesting listen...

his opinion on the fight aside... and the fact that opie and Anthony clearly don't understand mma..

Rogan thinks GSP should retire... and I cant say his argument doesn't make a lot of sense... I haven't confirmed it, but he says that 50% of the head strikes GSP has taken have been in the last 3 fights... he lost his memory during the fight, has admitted to believing he's been abducted by aliens, and has said sometimes he's driving and the next thing he knows he's at home in his living room and doesn't know how he got there...

Comment

• GSP NEVER said he was abducted by aliens ffsakes. He has an english issue and was basically saying he drifts out while driving sometimes and gets home, and has no idea how it happened, AS IF HE'D BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS. He was just trying to explain a phenomenon that happens to most people in a way the interviewer could understand. Holy shit guys, how does shit like this turn into "fact". Same shit has happened to me, I could same the same thing properly and nobody would think I actually believed I had been abducted, nor does he. God damn!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Thats what I got as well Craig.
          And when he was in the ring at the end of the fight, I don't think he was seriously saying he lost memory during the fight; if you look at the first time he mentions it, he's clearly saying it in gest, trying to make a joke in his horrible state, about how hard Hendricks hit him.

Though whether or not he's suffering from some serious head trauma, I woulnd't be surprised.

Comment

• joe rogan's entertaining, but he's a fucking idiot.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I like, except when he's talking about anything MMA related.

And yes Joey, people need to maybe pay attention to GSP, and his actual personality, he is the king of bad, deprecating humour. Dude is just a good guy. I have his Rushfit program, he is an absolute laugh, and not always on purpose.... he most certainly isn't a loon though, not in the least.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                GSP NEVER said he was abducted by aliens ffsakes. He has an english issue and was basically saying he drifts out while driving sometimes and gets home, and has no idea how it happened, AS IF HE'D BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS. He was just trying to explain a phenomenon that happens to most people in a way the interviewer could understand. Holy shit guys, how does shit like this turn into "fact". Same shit has happened to me, I could same the same thing properly and nobody would think I actually believed I had been abducted, nor does he. God damn!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr
                LOL... for the record, I never said I agreed with Rogan... just that it was an interesting listen... I haven't actually listened to the original JRE podcast with GSP... so can't comment on how his comments were construed...

I've had the same phenomenon happen... while on drugs.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  joe rogan's entertaining, but he's a fucking idiot.
                  Oh I don't know about that. I've got alot of respect for Rogan and his opinion.
                  I don't always agree with him, but he's a pretty knowledgable guy who generally makes educated statements.

Comment

he is an absolute laugh, and not always on purpose.
                    Bas Rutten is the king of unintentional humour:

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Oh I don't know about that. I've got alot of respect for Rogan and his opinion.
                      I don't always agree with him, but he's a pretty knowledgable guy who generally makes educated statements.
                      No, he's always been an idiot. Ever since I first watched fear factor. He's a good researcher and he can remember what the facts are. Which, you could say makes him knowledgeable about things. But, dude smokes too much pot and does roids..I've watched his "Joe Rogan questions everything" and he never seems to know what he's talking about versus the other people.

Btw, I re-watched the fight and where Rogan says/yells GSP is "badly hurt" in like the third, it looks like he just stepped down akwardly and hurt his foot or leg. It wasn't because of Hendricks...

Also, it definitely looked like Hendricks tapped when George put him in that guillotine early in the first. It's just GSP lost the hold and so Hendricks stopped, it was really quick.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• GSP is done folks.

What a run. What an all class man, and what a champion. he set the bar unbelievably high both in and out of the octagon. I'm really happy for the guy.

NOW, MOVIES WITH JCVD!!!!

can't wait.

Comment

GSP is done folks.

What a run. What an all class man, and what a champion. he set the bar unbelievably high both in and out of the octagon. I'm really happy for the guy.

NOW, MOVIES WITH JCVD!!!!

can't wait.

ok, craig. Wow, he didn't say he was done. He said he needed time off and so, he was relinquishing the title and dealing with his issues.

Doesn't mean he'll be back. But, he did not officially retire.

Comment

ok, craig. Wow, he didn't say he was done. He said he needed time off and so, he was relinquishing the title and dealing with his issues.

Doesn't mean he'll be back. But, he did not officially retire.
                            if he does return, I don't think he'll return as a champion (meaning I don't think he'll regain the belt after giving it up).. those days seem to be over

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              if he does return, I don't think he'll return as a champion (meaning I don't think he'll regain the belt after giving it up).. those days seem to be over
                              I disagree. All those guys in welterweight, study GSP and train for GSP just waiting for their opportunity. Now, that he's out of the picture, guys won't be doing that anymore. If he stays in shape and continues to train, then comes back sometime in the next 3 years. He's definitely got a shot at regaining the title.

Though, the guy really never needs to work another day in his life.

Comment

I disagree. All those guys in welterweight, study GSP and train for GSP just waiting for their opportunity. Now, that he's out of the picture, guys won't be doing that anymore. If he stays in shape and continues to train, then comes back sometime in the next 3 years. He's definitely got a shot at regaining the title.

Though, the guy really never needs to work another day in his life.
                                I'm hoping you're right

Comment

Working...
                                X