If Triano's out Adelmans In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If he would be so much better with a decent lineup then why did the 2009-2010 Raps last year sit 27th in the league in points allowed and 30th in defensive rating?

This year's team is 29th and 30th respectively.

The roster became more athletic and younger so why couldn't the coaching staff make the team better?
    You mean defensively right? I'm kind of indifferent with JT and im not necessarily trying to defend him, but are you saying making a team younger automatically translates to better D? How would your rank Boston?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

If he would be so much better with a decent lineup then why did the 2009-2010 Raps last year sit 27th in the league in points allowed and 30th in defensive rating?

This year's team is 29th and 30th respectively.

The roster became more athletic and younger so why couldn't the coaching staff make the team better?
      See comment just below yours as well as this one. He asks you a good question.

I think one of the biggest problems is that Bargs is still our starting center. He can put points on the board but he doesn't rebound or play good defense. That means we give up offensive rebounds which are going to lead to easy baskets. His help defense is bad so people get easy layups. Just watch the games, they'll walk in on Bargs and just lay the ball up.

I can't completely blame the poor defensive rating on Bargs but he plays a big part. He's not a shot blocking presence and no one is scared to take it at him. IMO that's one of the biggest reason the numbers of points we give up a night is so high.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        You mean defensively right? I'm kind of indifferent with JT and im not necessarily trying to defend him, but are you saying making a team younger automatically translates to better D? How would your rank Boston?
        Yes, talking defensively.

Not saying a younger team automatically translates in to better D (but you did leave out the athleticism comment).

Younger players, who are not head-cases, would, in my opinion, be more coachable and easier to teach versus a veteran player who may be set in his ways.

More athletic players would have more abilities in terms of lateral speed, agility, and foot speed.

My thought was along the lines of last years team quitting and being lazy versus this years team being young and impressionable or mould-able (if there is such a word) or wanting to make their mark in the NBA.

At the very least I would have liked to have seen some noticeable improvement this year to build on but didn't happen - and the offense got much worse on top of it!

How would I rank Boston? #1 in ppg allowed and #1 in defensive rating = #1 defensive team in the league. lol
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Please don't bring Jay Triano back ... he is ruining my life lol. Heads gotta roll ladies and gentlemen ... after almost 3 full years now no improvement at all in defense. We have brought in players, brought in assistants, but the team hasn't improved defensively ... ultimately that responsibility rests on the coach. I would rather see PJ take over than Adelman, this way the team won't need to start over with a whole new system. PJ's record isn't too bad in terms of being able to get his teams to defend.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Yes. The darn thing has humiliated me multiple times now. I can't even repeat some of the things its auto-adjusted my typing to say. LOL
            the worst is the simple things...

like i fully understand it correcting my swearing.. that's cool.

but why, for god's sake can't it learn the word "HELL"??!? every single time i get "HE'LL".. doesnt matter if i backspace and correct the auto-correction... it still goes to "HE'LL" until i finally decide to hit the ridiculously small "X" on the correction thingamajig

Comment

Yes, talking defensively.

Not saying a younger team automatically translates in to better D (but you did leave out the athleticism comment).

Younger players, who are not head-cases, would, in my opinion, be more coachable and easier to teach versus a veteran player who may be set in his ways.

More athletic players would have more abilities in terms of lateral speed, agility, and foot speed.

My thought was along the lines of last years team quitting and being lazy versus this years team being young and impressionable or mould-able (if there is such a word) or wanting to make their mark in the NBA.

At the very least I would have liked to have seen some noticeable improvement this year to build on but didn't happen - and the offense got much worse on top of it!

How would I rank Boston? #1 in ppg allowed and #1 in defensive rating = #1 defensive team in the league. lol
              Ha. I did sneakily leave out the 'athletic' part.

I don't think I totally agree on the young players mean better defense part. Especially when it comes to committing fouls and help defense. Ideally, yeah you can mold young athletic players into defensive stoppers, but more often than not they're not at that level for at least a couple years when they get in the NBA.

If anything, I would say getting young players would set you back a couple years defensively. Sooooo much of drafting is on potential.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                Ha. I did sneakily leave out the 'athletic' part.

I don't think I totally agree on the young players mean better defense part. Especially when it comes to committing fouls and help defense. Ideally, yeah you can mold young athletic players into defensive stoppers, but more often than not they're not at that level for at least a couple years when they get in the NBA.

If anything, I would say getting young players would set you back a couple years defensively. Sooooo much of drafting is on potential.
                I'm not sure I agree on the set back part.

I guess what I meant to say is this (I'll take another stab at conveying my point!) :

With young and athletic players, JT and coaching staff should, in my opinion, be better at teachingwhat they need to do to be successful. The teaching is the key part.

I'm not even advocating greatness, good, or average (I'd settle for that right now with this crew) but they haven't even been able to improve to below average - they are still the worst!

Comment

Working...
                X