Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it look like if we traded the entire team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it look like if we traded the entire team?

Ok, just for fun here is an exercise. I went through to completely revamp the team, for some reason looking what it might be like to trade the ENTIRE team. Focused primarily on players younger than 28 (with 2 exceptions), draft focus, and ones who could conceivably be available (no Dwight Howards and Deron Williams'.) A couple are draft picks from 2012. It was decidedly more difficult to trade certain players than I expected, and I tried to keep it within the relative realm of possibility (many of which are talked about in the trade forum)but here goes:
    Tradesdeep breath)

Andrea Barganani to Sacramento for Jason Thompson, Francisco Garcia and Sac pick. (scoring to supplement T Evans and floor spread with D Cousins banging).
    Jose Calderon and Chicago pick to Minny for Flynn and pick. (want rid of Flynn, Caldy ties with Minny management and Rubio)
    Demar Derozan to Chicago for Taj Gibson and Chicago pick(badly need a SG)
    TPE to Philly for Nocioni and pick (allows signing T Young.)
    Jerryd Bayless and James Johnson to Utah for CJ Miles and Utah 2013 pick. (b/u PG and replacement for Kirilenko. (This could switch to Houston for Courtney Lee).
    Ed Davis, Barbosa, Kleiza, and Alabi and Utah pick to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and NO pick.
    [/LIST]Draft: Toronto Pick: Kyrie Irving. Jared Sullinger (2012) Sacramento Pick: Harrison Barnes (2012 if he does not declare). Philly pick: Brandon Knight. Minny pick: Jonas Valenciunas or Enes Kanter. New Orleans pick: Kenneth Faried.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Johnny Flynn
    SG: OJ Mayo, CJ Miles, Francisco Garcia
    SF: Harrison Barnes, Wilson Chandler, Andres Nocioni
    PF: Jared Sullinger (2012), Taj Gibson, Kenneth Faried
    C: Emeka Okafor, Jonas Valenciunas(or Enes Kanter), Jason Thompson
    Salary wise this will be around $62M, with a little over $19M coming off after the 2011/12 season (or team options for another year). This money would go to finding a solid SG (or re-upping).

Okafor will be on for 3 more years, at which point the draft pick (Valenciunas/Kanter) will move into the full time starting role. Flynn can be punted after next year.

If you want to try a run at this, I warn you that it is a bigger task than you may think.

A slight tweak after some other discussions:
    Andrea Barganani to Sacramento for Jason Thompson, Francisco Garcia and Sac pick. (scoring to supplement T Evans and floor spread with D Cousins banging).
    Jose Calderon and Chicago pick to Minny for Flynn and pick. (want rid of Flynn, Caldy ties with Minny management and Rubio)
    Jerryd Bayless, Francisco Garcia and James Johnson to Utah for CJ Miles and Utah pick. (b/u PG and replacement for Kirilenko. (This could switch to Houston for Courtney Lee).
    Ed Davis, Barbosa, Kleiza, and Alabi and Utah pick to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and NO pick.[/LIST]Draft: Toronto Picks: Kyrie Irving. Jared Sullinger (2012) Sacramento Pick: Harrison Barnes (2012 if he does not declare). Philly pick: Alec Burks. Utah pick: Jonas Valenciunas or Enes Kanter. Minny Pick: Nolan Smith New Orleans pick: Kenneth Faried.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Nolan Smith, Johnny Flynn
    SG: OJ Mayo, Alec Burks, CJ Miles
    Salary wise this will be under $58M, with a little over $19M coming off after the 2011/12 season (or team options for another year). This money would go to finding a solid SG (or re-upping).

Okafor will be on for 3 more years, at which point the draft pick (Valenciunas/Kanter) will move into the full time starting role. Flynn can be punted after next year, as can Nocioni and CJ Miles if they don't work out - total savings would be in excess of $13.5M.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Ok, just for fun here is an exercise. I went through to completely revamp the team, for some reason looking what it might be like to trade the ENTIRE team. Focused primarily on players younger than 28 (with 2 exceptions), draft focus, and ones who could conceivably be available (no Dwight Howards and Deron Williams'.) A couple are draft picks from 2012. It was decidedly more difficult to trade certain players than I expected, and I tried to keep it within the relative realm of possibility (many of which are talked about in the trade forum)but here goes:
      Tradesdeep breath)

Jerryd Bayless and James Johnson to Utah for CJ Miles and Utah 2013 pick. (b/u PG and replacement for Kirilenko. (This could switch to Houston for Courtney Lee).
      Ed Davis, Barbosa, Kleiza, and Alabi and Utah pick to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and NO pick.
      [/LIST]Draft: Toronto Pick: Kyrie Irving. Jared Sullinger (2012) Sacramento Pick: Harrison Barnes (2012 if he does not declare). Philly pick: Brandon Knight. Minny pick: Jonas Valenciunas or Enes Kanter. New Orleans pick: Kenneth Faried.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Johnny Flynn
      SG: OJ Mayo, CJ Miles, Francisco Garcia
      Salary wise this will be around $62M, with a little over $19M coming off after the 2011/12 season (or team options for another year). This money would go to finding a solid SG (or re-upping).

Okafor will be on for 3 more years, at which point the draft pick (Valenciunas/Kanter) will move into the full time starting role. Flynn can be punted after next year.

If you want to try a run at this, I warn you that it is a bigger task than you may think.
      You think BC can even comprehend half what you are suggesting, ridiculous. Very good team afterwards but ridiculous.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

This is just the sort of awesome nonsense that makes me smile.

Comment

Hey it's just for a little fun. Twisted fun, but fun.

Give a try...if you have a few hours.

Comment

Working...
          X