No announcement yet.

Barbosa vs. Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda feel that Barbosa and Bayless are a bad combo. When Bayless plays with him, he defers to Barbosa A LOT and just lays there in the background.

And I think Bayless is a PG, or at least more PG than SG. Because he likes to score doesn't mean that he isn't. I'm cool with the idea of getting him to become a 6th man.

I think we should be shopping Barbosa around for a 2012 pick.

Comment

i'll come down on the Barbosa vs. Bayless debate the same way I answered the Amir vs. Davis thread a week or so ago. I would not shop Barbosa. He is a one man fast break that can change games. The raptors are in GREAT financial shape. If you don't believe me just look at what other teams are paying their players. We aren't paying anyone 10mil this year and next year we'll have Jose at 10.5 and bargs at 10 (if either are still hear) spend so time perusing other team salaries. We have no horrible contracts (Bargnani gives average production/to salary, and although I think Jose's is bad, it is not HORRIBLE in the same way that gilbert arenas or baron davis contracts' are). We can more than afford to pay Barbosa his 7.6 mill. Is Barbosa a good teammate? I think so. Is he veteran player who wants to be in a raptors uniform? I think so. Now if another GM comes to me and makes an offer, I'll listen, and if it brings back a player on better contract that can provideequal or better productivity that'll pull the trigger but if I'm a gm trying to build a good team, I don't see why I wouldn't want barbosa on my bench.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        i'll come down on the Barbosa vs. Bayless debate the same way I answered the Amir vs. Davis thread a week or so ago. I would not shop Barbosa. He is a one man fast break that can change games. The raptors are in GREAT financial shape. If you don't believe me just look at what other teams are paying their players. We aren't paying anyone 10mil this year and next year we'll have Jose at 10.5 and bargs at 10 (if either are still hear) spend so time perusing other team salaries. We have no horrible contracts (Bargnani gives average production/to salary, and although I think Jose's is bad, it is not HORRIBLE in the same way that gilbert arenas or baron davis contracts' are). We can more than afford to pay Barbosa his 7.6 mill. Is Barbosa a good teammate? I think so. Is he veteran player who wants to be in a raptors uniform? I think so. Now if another GM comes to me and makes an offer, I'll listen, and if it brings back a player on better contract that can provideequal or better productivity that'll pull the trigger but if I'm a gm trying to build a good team, I don't see why I wouldn't want barbosa on my bench.
        When the Raptors will be a good team Barbosa will be way too old and won't be as quick. I don't see the Raptors winning 40 games for at least 3 more seasons.

Comment

Barbosa is significantly better then Bayless will ever become. If you want to continually have a garbage team in Toronto put all your eggs in Bayless's basket. If you want a team with a decent shot at anything keep Barbosa as piece to a larger picture.

Also Bayless will never ever ever be able to be a game changer. He is a decent bench player at best.. but lacks and will always lack the ability to take a team on his back and win games.. hes not a leader. Anyone who disagrees with me is just wrong.

Barbosa has always been solid and consistent all the time, he is good at his job and can change a game himself. Give him some time to heal up throw some cash at him and keep him around..
          Last edited by b2kelly; Sat Apr 9, 2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Of course, there's no way that Barbosa's game won't decline by the time the team's actually good again.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
              Barbosa is significantly better then Bayless will ever become. If you want to continually have a garbage team in Toronto put all your eggs in Bayless's basket. If you want a team with a decent shot at anything keep Barbosa as piece to a larger picture.

Also Bayless will never ever ever be able to be a game changer. He is a decent bench player at best.. but lacks and will always lack the ability to take a team on his back and win games.. hes not a leader. Anyone who disagrees with me is just wrong.

Barbosa has always been solid and consistent all the time, he is good at his job and can change a game himself. Give him some time to heal up throw some cash at him and keep him around..
              no your wrong. Barbosa is a scorer period. We keep him around to previde a spark off the bench. Bayless has alot of potential if you don't see it you must be blind, or u just haven't watched the last 6 games.

Comment

Working...
              X