Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the Raptors were cursed by Bono and U2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Raptors were cursed by Bono and U2...

Found this article today. It speculates that the Raptors were headed for success and glory in 2007 until they swapped the team intro music from Renegades of Funk to Vertigo by U2. Personally I thought Renegades was by far the best Raps intro song ever.

The article is here...
    http://www.tixor.co.uk/

The points made in the article are pretty interesting. Garbo was injured. The teams record faltered. It even makes a great point about how Mo Pete's miracle shot against Washington was actually a bad thing.

It also says that the same thing happened to the Montreal Canadiens in 2008 and will happen to the Canucks in 2011 because both used The Streets Have No Name.

Hocus Pocus... probably. But still interesting

I didn't like them before, but now I hate U2. But to be honest, that team did have Fred Jones. Wasn't he supposed to be the next MJ?

Comment

I agree that Renegades of Funk was the best song pre game song the Raps have had. I was confused when they changed it. Especially for weak a$$ U2. As for the jinx crap, naw.
      Deadallus

Comment

They should scrap all that and go with "Halftime" by Nas.

Like Demar, The real Raps start at halftime
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

they should just go totally bizarre and only play Enya during games

Comment

they need to play some "time to say goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli, for Bargs cuz hes gone soon.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Renegades is no doubt a good song but the actual words and meaning of the song had nothing to do with the team. Personally I think intro songs should have a good beat to pump the players and the crowd up and also the words should have some connection to what's about to transpire on the floor.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Renegades is no doubt a good song but the actual words and meaning of the song had nothing to do with the team. Personally I think intro songs should have a good beat to pump the players and the crowd up and also the words should have some connection to what's about to transpire on the floor.
                Beck - Loser?

Comment

no the best intro songs were "its my time" by fabulous and "hello good mornin" by Diddy.

Comment

Agreed man, I think every team should have a really cool theme song. Chicago has "Sirius" and I'm pretty sure the Lakers use "Baba O'Riley". Both are epic songs that really pump up the atmosphere for people in their arena. I've even heard OKC use "Thunderstruck" a couple of times (although it's a cover version)

Similarly, I think the Raptor's really need something classic. I mean, I'm not opposed to a rap song being used, but let's get a good, meaningful rap song, not just some remix with hard beats. something that fans can really get into.

If anyone knows if there are other teams that have a "theme song" like the 3 mentioned above, please let us know, I'd really be interested in knowing.

EDIT: Just listing the videos I could find for their openings. The Lakers one starts a little bit in the middle after the "BacktoBack" Champions intro.

OKC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbve...eature=related

CHI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV_Sga7ODOs

LAL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBFT_oiROo
                    Last edited by webcrawler89; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                      Agreed man, I think every team should have a really cool theme song. Chicago has "Sirius" and I'm pretty sure the Lakers use "Baba O'Riley". Both are epic songs that really pump up the atmosphere for people in their arena. I've even heard OKC use "Thunderstruck" a couple of times (although it's a cover version)

Similarly, I think the Raptor's really need something classic. I mean, I'm not opposed to a rap song being used, but let's get a good, meaningful rap song, not just some remix with hard beats. something that fans can really get into.

If anyone knows if there are other teams that have a "theme song" like the 3 mentioned above, please let us know, I'd really be interested in knowing.
                      "Hate me now" by nas

Comment

Last year was really weird. they scrapped their theme half way through the season, used Fat Joe Lean Back for a month or so, then went back to the Notorious BIG and Diddy theme they used like 5 yrs ago, wtf

at any rate, at least no 4 Korners this year!

Comment

best intro song

Comment

Wasn't the 1st year "Everybody Walk the Dinosaur"?
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

They should come out to "Baby Beluga" by Raffi

Comment

Working...
                              X