Lawrence Frank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Frank

Probably a more realistic possibility and he's a very good coach, I was surprised he took a assistant role and didn't have more suitors for a head coach.

I guess word is Triano will be back next season regardless? Dare to dream, I guess.
    @sweatpantsjer

Word is that Doc Rivers is gonna step down after this season at which point Frank will take over the reigns in Boston.

Comment

Sigh
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lets get some Jalen Rose, he might be the most epic coach ever. I heard BC likes to promote coaches not get existing ones.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Word is that Doc Rivers is gonna step down after this season at which point Frank will take over the reigns in Boston.
          Source?

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
            Source?
            I hate when people ask "Source". It's like you think I pulled the information out of ass.

Listen man, there were lots of rumours of him stepping down at the end of last season so he could focus on his son and spend more time with his family. He was also quite upset at the Perkins deal.

If you typed "doc rivers stepping down" into google, you'd find it, but since you're the lazy type in the first place,

Boston coach Doc Rivers has often talked about walking away from basketball to recharge. He nearly left the Celtics last season.
            His son is an elite college basketball product and his daughter is playing college volleyball. Rivers has talked about spending a year watching their games and spending more time with his wife.
            LINK

Here's another one that deals directly with Frank and the Celtics

His interest in the Tennessee job speaks not only about his desire to once again become a head coach — regardless of the level of play — but also about the likelihood of Doc Rivers returning next season as the Celtics’ head coach.

If Frank had any indication that Rivers was indeed planning to step down after this season as the Celtics head coach, he understands that he would be one of the first to get serious consideration for the job.
            LINK

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Probably a more realistic possibility and he's a very good coach, I was surprised he took a assistant role and didn't have more suitors for a head coach.

I guess word is Triano will be back next season regardless? Dare to dream, I guess.
              Plus he looks like Doogie Howser. Must be smart. Maybe "Vinnie" can be our assistant coach.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                Lets get some Jalen Rose, he might be the most epic coach ever. I heard BC likes to promote coaches not get existing ones.
                He likes to promote from within. Jalen isn't part of the Raptors organization and I'm sure he hasn't won any friends by dropping rumors on air counter to MLSE brass' company statements.

Then there's the fact that Jalen has never coached before and so one has to ask why him over PJ or Alex? Heck, I'd rather see them bring back Jim Todd this time as head coach rather than go with Jalen.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Jalen Rose as a coach would be a disaster - what traits exactly is he gonna teach? And if BC likes to promote coaches not get existing ones, why even the talk of Rose? He's not in the Raptors organization.

Comment

Lets get C Webb as a coach!

Last edited by Multipaul; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      Lets get C Webb as a coach!

After watching the documentary, I feel sorry for the guy. He was trapped on that play and some of his teammates on the bench were actually telling him to call for a timeout.

Comment

After watching the documentary, I feel sorry for the guy. He was trapped on that play and some of his teammates on the bench were actually telling him to call for a timeout.
                        I did too.

Then I read about the whole scandal, the reason why the NCAA has banned U of M from all mention of C Webb until 2013, bribery, points shaving, etc. C Webb did some very bad things.

Comment

I did too.

Then I read about the whole scandal, the reason why the NCAA has banned U of M from all mention of C Webb until 2013, bribery, points shaving, etc. C Webb did some very bad things.
                          Webber wasn't involved in point shaving. He was involved with accepting gifts from a local booster. Most of the team was involved with that. What got Webber in hot water was that he lied about the situation instead of just coming clean. When you think about the NCAA and the amount of money they make off of these kids through football and basketball, i wouldn't say that Webber did some bad things.

Comment

Webber wasn't involved in point shaving. He was involved with accepting gifts from a local booster. Most of the team was involved with that. What got Webber in hot water was that he lied about the situation instead of just coming clean. When you think about the NCAA and the amount of money they make off of these kids through football and basketball, i wouldn't say that Webber did some bad things.
                            Well, that's semantics. In the world I live in, breaking the law is considered a "bad thing", despite notions of robin hoodism, take from the rich, give to the poor etc.

Comment

Well, that's semantics. In the world I live in, breaking the law is considered a "bad thing", despite notions of robin hoodism, take from the rich, give to the poor etc.
                              It's not the same thing. You're talking about inner city kids, most of these kids who's parents didn't have anything, no money to give them if they wanted to grab a meal, give them gas for their car or to go to the movies. Meanwhile, the university's making 10 million plus in revenues off of you and you don't see one red cent. So, if he took money to tide him over during the year, I don't see it as a bad thing. Does it break NCAA's rules? Sure, but is it a "bad" thing? I don't see it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X