This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Minutes played, injuries, illnessess, other variables that effect one's performance
    Again ... this doesn't apply to a weighted average.
    Still don't get it. I must be dumb.

How do you disagree with the fact that we've lost more games with him in the lineup, then we have won. It's a fact.

Comment

You have to use a weighted average
      We do worse when bargnani is on the court. Fact: when he is on the court we score 108.1 points per 100 possessions but we give up 116.3 points so our net points per 100 possessions is -8.3. Fact: when he is off the court we give up 105.9 points per 100 possessions but only give up 111.1 point which means our net points per 100 possessions is -5.3.
      Fiction: Bargnagni is what makes this team win games.
      ps: have you ever played organized ball before?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Again ... this doesn't apply to a weighted average.
        Still don't get it. I must be dumb.

How do you disagree with the fact that we've lost more games with him in the lineup, then we have won. It's a fact.
        Yes it does apply. Math.

Comment

• sam2525 wrote: View Post
          We do worse when bargnani is on the court. Fact: when he is on the court we score 108.1 points per 100 possessions but we give up 116.3 points so our net points per 100 possessions is -8.3. Fact: when he is off the court we give up 105.9 points per 100 possessions but only give up 111.1 point which means our net points per 100 possessions is -5.3.
          Fiction: Bargnagni is what makes this team win games.
          ps: have you ever played organized ball before?
          I could school you at any type of ball Samwise

Comment

• thank you for that comment multipaul you just acknowledged i was right. you have no counter argument. and im not trying to figure out if you are better than me in basketball. its just if you played on a team you would have better knowledge of the game a realize that the way bargnani is performing at the moment is not gonna help the raps

Comment

Yes it does apply. Math.
              You can't just say 'Math' and expect me to drop it, Multi. You're making stuff up.
              This argument is completely invalid and makes no sense.
              You just say stuff and hope people will forget that they are involved in a REAL debate, that involved REAL facts, and REAL events.
              I wish I could just make stuff up the way you do. Walk around with 'Bargs' Coloured Glassed.

Why do I even get involved in these! Gah!

Comment

thank you for that comment multipaul you just acknowledged i was right. you have no counter argument. and im not trying to figure out if you are better than me in basketball. its just if you played on a team you would have better knowledge of the game a realize that the way bargnani is performing at the moment is not gonna help the raps
                I've played hoops all my life, watch basketball religiously, been to every raptors home opener including game one, and every season ender as well. Study hoops, live hoops, breathe hoops.

Did you decide to post just to attack me? Sam? Question my hoops knowledge?

To me you have no argument, just some troll trying to stir sh*t up. Get off ur high horse.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  You can't just say 'Math' and expect me to drop it, Multi. You're making stuff up.
                  This argument is completely invalid and makes no sense.
                  You just say stuff and hope people will forget that they are involved in a REAL debate, that involved REAL facts, and REAL events.
                  I wish I could just make stuff up the way you do. Walk around with 'Bargs' Coloured Glassed.

Why do I even get involved in these! Gah!
                  Joey, Im at work, I don't have all day to go over algebraic principles with you. In a nutshell you will see that a weighted average factoring in the variables I have stated will give a much clearer picture of our state of affairs with and without bargs. Take a lead from Wayne Winston. Mathletics.

This will make all the other haters happy: Amir has hustle! Demar can Dunk! Ajinca is French!

Comment

• hahahaha, i have clearly offended you which was not my intent. i forgot how sensitive people can be so i apologize if it seemed like i was attacking you. but your point is we perform better when bargnani is on the court. i showed you stats that say we do not. how do i not have an argument. and like i posted before when was the last time a team won a championship whith a center that plays no defense.

Comment

hahahaha, i have clearly offended you which was not my intent. i forgot how sensitive people can be so i apologize if it seemed like i was attacking you. but your point is we perform better when bargnani is on the court. i showed you stats that say we do not. how do i not have an argument. and like i posted before when was the last time a team won a championship whith a center that plays no defense.
                      Bargs is a PF being forced to play C, just like we tried to do with Bosh. And if you ask someone "have you ever played" in an insulting fashion, how do you think they are going to take it, noob?

Comment

• wow that really annoyed you eh even after my apology you are still throwing insults. have confidence in yourself man dont take what other people say too seriously. but i will state again when was the last time a team won with a PF that plays no defense?

Comment

wow that really annoyed you eh even after my apology you are still throwing insults. have confidence in yourself man dont take what other people say too seriously. but i will state again when was the last time a team won with a PF that plays no defense?
                          go away

Comment

• no answer. well then i guess you agree that bargnani cant help us win a championship and should not be apart of the raps future. have a good day multipaul...it was nice talking to you

Comment

no answer. well then i guess you agree that bargnani cant help us win a championship and should not be apart of the raps future. have a good day multipaul...it was nice talking to you
                              I've answered this question in 2149 posts. Since ur here now, do some homework.

Comment

Joey, Im at work, I don't have all day to go over algebraic principles with you. In a nutshell you will see that a weighted average factoring in the variables I have stated will give a much clearer picture of our state of affairs with and without bargs. Take a lead from Wayne Winston. Mathletics.

This will make all the other haters happy: Amir has hustle! Demar can Dunk! Ajinca is French!
                                I don't need you to explain Algebraic Principles. Thanks though.

You explained your 'Weighted Average' as:
                                Multipaul wrote:
                                Minutes played, injuries, illnessess, other variables that effect one's performance
                                So what you're trying to do here is justify Bargnani's crappy play, not somehow Argue that we Perform better with him in the lineup? Which is what the original Debate was about. You've switched it up on me, Mulitpaul.
                                What you just argued is that Bargs performance has been effected by (insert Excuse), and thus the team has been effected. And if ALL of these VERY REAL factors weren't real, then we would Win more then we Lose with Bargs playing? Yes?

What you fail to mention is that EVERY single player in the league, and every single team in the league, is effected by these 'Variables', thus making them a 'Common Variable', and thus making your Argument about "COULD BEs" and "IF"'s. And not based on "WHAT IS" and "FACTS".

What I am saying is that this has nothing to do with THE FACT that this team loses more with Bargnani in the lineup, then we have when he was IN the lineup. Injuries, Illnessess whatever. If he's injured then he shouldn't be playing. I remember you saying those words exactly about Amir.

There is no argument here. We've lost more with him in the Lineup. Period.
                                Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X