Caron Butler to Houston or L.A.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caron Butler to Houston or L.A.?

Teams also remain in hot pursuit of Caron Butler. Someone told me on Friday that the Wizards were talking with the Houston Rockets about using Butler as the key piece in a deal for Tracy McGrady's expiring contract, but the talks came to a halt after Arenas's "bang-bang" performance in Philadelphia.

I'm not sure what other pieces were included in the discussions to match up McGrady's $23-million salary, but I've been informed that it wasn't Mike James, since Houston has declined any deals involving him. A league source said any deal involving McGrady probably won't get done until closer to the trade deadline.
    I also heard another rumor involving Butler and the Los Angeles Clippers, with the Wizards getting back Marcus Camby and his expiring contract. Since no player on the team is untouchable, I was informed that Brendan Haywood, Nick Young or anyone else could be had right now, but the Wizards don't want to take back salary. The team is not hesitating in its attempts to toss a grenade on the roster.
    WashingtonPost.com

If only the Raptors had what the Wiz want.

I think the Wizards could do better for themselves than an expiring contract in a Caron Butler. They should be trying to pry away a top prospect like an Anthony Randolph
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
    X