Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-season plan (according to ESPN Insider)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I can't help but notice that all the reasonable solutions to allowing Bargnani to be effective involve acquiring Dwight Howard.
    I dont think were getting dwight howard or anything lol i was just saying thats probably the only way to have bargnani as a 3 on the team is to have dwight at center.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
      Nobody has said this, or believes this. But he is the team's worst defender.

Also:

Source. (And yes, I know WOW has its flaws.)

His value to the team is neglible, at best. If he succeeds on another team I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'd bet that he'd be reduced to a role player or 6th man though. The Raptors' management has given him so many chances. It is NOT BC's or Triano's fault that he can't consistently play with intensity.
      I could have sworn I've been saying this all season. Of course there's the argument that he scores 21 ppg!
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        I dont think were getting dwight howard or anything lol i was just saying thats probably the only way to have bargnani as a 3 on the team is to have dwight at center.
        I'm not disagreeing. I've just noticed that when people talk about whatvit would take to allow him to be effective, playing beside Dwight Howard, or a Dwight Howard clone, seems tonalways be the solution. If playing beside Howrad is the only way to be effective, then that's probably a problem. Unless you've actually got Dwight Howard on you team.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought it was a typo and he meant t say 4 spot?
          Deadallus

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
            It was baaad.Half the guys in this forum could..actually they ARE writing better plans for the future with or without Bargnani and by the way they do it for free ...so I don't know...maybe this guy should read a few topics here before sending his "work" for printing/posting whatever it is.
            +1 we write a lot of ridiculous stuff and propose some outlandish scenarios, but we also have GREAT in depth analysis, that is better than anything at the star or sun or on espn.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              By the way, I was looking at Hump man's number for this season, 10 and 10 I guess good coaching does make wonders. How much is he getting paid in compare to Amir Johnson
              Hump made 3.2 vs. Johnson's 5.0. However Hump is an unrestricted free agent this year so it would be curious to see how much he gets paid and how many years his contract is. Johnson will get paid 5.5 mill next year, what do you think Hump will get?
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                Hump made 3.2 vs. Johnson's 5.0. However Hump is an unrestricted free agent this year so it would be curious to see how much he gets paid and how many years his contract is. Johnson will get paid 5.5 mill next year, what do you think Hump will get?
                I'm sure he wishes he could have had his career year and been a free agent last year. I think it's impossible to predict how much he'll make simply because we don't know what the CBA landscape will be like. I think it will be similar, but I also think it will attempt to control spending more, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up making much more than he is now.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X