Yahoo Sports Marc Spear's " Full spin ahead for NBA coaching carousel "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Sports Marc Spear's " Full spin ahead for NBA coaching carousel "

Jay Triano, Toronto Raptors: The Raptors believe Triano did the best possible job under difficult circumstances by developing a young team hit hard by injuries early this season, a league source said. The players like Triano, but the Raptors finished with the league’s third-worst record at 22-60 after losing Chris Bosh(notes) in free agency. He also hasn’t led them to the playoffs in three seasons.

Triano has a one-year contract option for next season that has to be exercised June 15, but two complicated issues cloud his situation. The contract of Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo expires on June 30. Also, the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan expects to sell its 66 percent stake in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, owners of the Raptors and NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs, over the next few months. Those issues have brought confusion as to who will decide Triano’s fate.
    It'll definitely be an interesting off-season to say the least.

I really hope Jay is back for one more season. I still believe he is a good coach and did what he could with what he had. The plan was to rebuild and get better and by the end of the season there were a lot of bright spots on this team. They had the youngest lineup in the league and still competed a lot of nights with some very good teams. I want to see him return for one year and see what he can do with a team with a different look.

Comment

Triano has made mistakes.Like maybe mistreating Julian Wright and something weird around Solomon Alabi.More significant he played veterans late in the season a lot more than he should.He misses to take time-outs often in games when we trail by more than 5 points.I think the improvement of Amir,Derozan and even Bayless has something to do with him as well.But I am sure we can have better coach.I like coaches like Adelman and McMilan.They consistently overachieve given the personnel they are able to work with.I'd like the team with such kind of coach.I'm not saying that Jay is a bad coach.I'm just sayin that there are a feq better coaches who came up at the top of my mind.I say we give some other coach a chance to help us.

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
        It'll definitely be an interesting off-season to say the least.
        Love these quotes from an unnamed league source.

Comment

He does have a 1 year option, if I'm the GM, I'm picking up that option especially since it will be a shortened season.... I'd just want to get a better idea of Triano with a better line-up and this is hoping that there are changes in the roster

Comment

Working...
          X