No announcement yet.

Grange: "retain Colangelo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colangelo is the best option as well as triano , unless you can get a guy who has a history for success and won championship(s)(which includes conference titles) you go out and get him or them.

which right now, i think the only realistic guy you could go after currently is Laimbeer who has had success on the womens side of things and had success as a player.

But, no experience at the nba level and i'm not sure you want to start him in the middle of the rebuilding process.

I personally like the plan of Hebsy from Sportsline, he said that nobody is really available who is more qualified than colangelo, so you give him a 3 year deal at the same money he is making now 4m/yr, see what happens.

Let Triano and Colangelo finish what they started, the only time i think we'll really know colangelo is nipple deep in shits creek is if he fires triano, which i think will be a last resort/forced decision by him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Colangelo

Pretty tough to find a guy better than a two time exec. of the year and a guy who put together multiple 50 and even 60 plus win teams.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
      interestin to note that our best year came the year we drafted bargnani.
      Are taking over the baiting from Multipaul, now that he's gone?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

BC is a good GM, you don't win excutive of the year for nothing.

Comment

Colangelo has to stay, he is one of the most active GM's we've ever had, for better or for worse. A lot of raptor fans are greedy and want good G.M's to be sacked, and all I can think of, is the Rob Babcock era. He saved us from that, and for that reason alone, I will welcome him back in Toronto with open arms. In addition, the rebuild isn't so bad with Derozan blossoming, Ed Davis being a promising rookie, and Bargnani either as a trade chip, or a fundamental piece which he can still be in the upcoming years. Considering the disgusting amount of money some bums make like Ben Gordon, and Charlie V, etc, bargnani's contract is very attracting as many basketball analysts have already pointed out. I just hope luck can come torontos way and we manage a top 2 pick.

Comment

Poll added. Please vote.

Comment

NH in Toronto:
              Looks like BC is ready to trade A. Bargnani. Any actual takers or interest out there? How bout Bargs/Bayless for Jennings and Maggette?

Steve Kyler:

I am not sold Colaneglo will be retained... from everything we are hearing coming out of Toronto, its a reach that he's back.

That said, I don't know its Colangelo's call... I also am not sold that Bargs has a huge market, at least not in terms of an upgrade.

You can always liquidate players and get less back... but to get items to improve is always hard... that's the art of the deal.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1K5n3U7O2
              Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Comment

I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that deal. Maggette is as anti ball movement as they come.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that deal. Maggette is as anti ball movement as they come.
                  On the plus side, it would allow me to focus my criticism on someone new.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    On the plus side, it would allow me to focus my criticism on someone new.
                    Too funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X