Must do's for 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    As most threads do, it went in one direction. Any other 'Must do's' for 2011-2012?

Coach?
    GM?
    SF?
    C?
    Bench?
    Barbosa?
    Trades?
    I'd include new ownership. In fact, it should be at the top of that list.

Comment

Teams over the salary cap ($58M) cannot take back more than 125% + $100K salary in a trade than they are sending out.

For example: Team X is at $64M (i.e. over the cap), Team Y is at $67M. Team X sends team Y $10M in salary, the most Team Y can send Team X is $12.6M and the least team Y can send team X is $7.9M.

This is why I support losing Calderon's contract. With a weak draft this year and sketchy free agency class, the best way to improve the roster will most likely be on the trade front. Cap space is not all about free agency, it helps to take back more money in trades without worrying about being limited to 125% + 100K. This is why many trades in the NBA do not materialize because the numbers do not work - even being off $30K on a deal with $20M in salaries ruins the trade.
      Matt, usually my math is good. Not here. Can you break it down slower.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
        Matt, usually my math is good. Not here. Can you break it down slower.
        Take a look at some of these trade examples (not real ideas just an example of how the numbers work):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3mj3xyq however this makes it work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3mtqauz

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3hc572s however this makes it work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3h8zmcq

Do the visuals make it any more clear?

Basically, sending out Calderon's contract for less money coming back gives them more cap room and more ability to sign or trade for players worrying less about the rules associated with being over the salary cap.

Comment

Thx Matt. It seems to be coming to me.
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

They can use the TPE to acquire any player who has a contract of less than the TPE amount which is slightly more than $9M - $9.026M I believe.

I'm surprised so many want to keep Jose. If they could find someone to take his $9.75M contract next year and $10.5M the year after and offer a decent player in return combined with cap savings, I'd be all over it.
            Oh I'm with you 100% as long as we get something good in return. I just meant I wouldn't dump Calderon for the sake of clearing cap space that could potentially allow you to make deals that you may not be able to make with him on the roster, without getting something decent back in return for him.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
              Stop hating, brah.
              "Trade White Swan while getting decent value for him."

I didn't call you a hater for this post. The thread asks for must dos for next season. I didn't even use a derogatory nickname for him. Sometimes I scratch my head with these responses. Take it easy, brah.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I was just joking around, Balls of Steel.

Comment

Kanter

Comment

Working...
                  X