Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Purchasing MLSE a Possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is all sorts of win

Comment

Daddy to the rescue as always.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Daddy to the rescue as always.
        Daddy to the rescue? How so?
        Jerry Colangelo has NEVER once been mentioned in regards to ANYTHING having to do with the Raptors.
        This thread doesn't even imply or suggest that Jerry be involved, simply that Jerry had done something similar in the past.

This whole notion that Colangelo's success is solely based on nepotism is ignorant and silly in my opinion.
        He has proven on Multiple occasions to be a Savvy, Educated, Smart and Successful GM. Regardless of relations.

(That was not aimed at you Balls, just a general statement. ) haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Jerry Colangelo has NEVER once been mentioned in regards to ANYTHING having to do with the Raptors.
          This thread doesn't even imply or suggest that Jerry be involved, simply that Jerry had done something similar in the past.

This whole notion that Colangelo's success is solely based on nepotism is ignorant and silly in my opinion.
          He has proven on Multiple occasions to be a Savvy, Educated, Smart and Successful GM. Regardless of relations.

+1

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

first tits and now balls!

the amount of sexual inuendo we could have in this thread is uncanny.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Congrats optifan, this is a brilliant bit of speculation. Why not BCO? Remember Isaiah tried to put together a team to buy them back in the day.

Comment

Yeah, see Michael Jordan if you think basketball-related ownership is a great idea. I'd rather have a Mark Cuban-type owner, and I'm surprised one hasn't popped up yet. Surely there must be some Raptors fans old enough to be billionaires by now, it's been 16 years! Actually wait, say they were 25 when the Raptors started, they would be 41 now which might be too young for a billionaire. Wait another 10 years.

Comment

I revised the title of this thread. It was misleading.

By the way, I don't think there is a chance of this happening. We're talking a price tag in the billions. It's not easy to put together a group to accomplish that...

In my opinion, the best case scenario is a guy like Jim Balsillie buying the team.

Comment

Does the NBA or the NHL approve the purchaser. I would laugh my ass off if Jim Basillie bought the team.

Comment

Turns out it's a bad idea?
                      For starters, whomever buys the Teachers’ shares has to work with current board chairman, Larry Tanenbaum, who holds right of first refusal on any MLSE shares sold. With Balsillie, that would never fly: Not that long ago, Balsillie was investigating the possibility of putting a second team in Toronto or around Toronto. You think Tanenbaum would agree to do business with someone who tried to unseat his own business and potentially raise a challenge to that empire?

Knowing Tanenbaum, the answer to that question is elementary.

The second hurdle in Balsillie’s way, if he had any interest in bidding, which he hasn’t said he does, is the National Hockey League itself. In order to become an owner, he would require league approval. There is basically no chance the NHL would approve of him. They still blame him, in part, for what became of the expensive Phoenix mess which is still all over the league’s hands, and many NHL governors and high-end executives have nothing but bad things to say about Balsillie’s attempts to be an owner in Pittsburgh and Nashville before the Phoenix end-around.

So the next time someone mentions Jim Balsillie, the RIM billionaire, as a potential owner of the Leafs, smile and tell them the truth – it’s absolutely impossible.
                      Source: The Toronto Sun

Comment

Working...
                      X