ESPN Insider: Here's who the Raptors should draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    What's with the "soft white guys" comment? Would they really be any better if they were "soft black guys"? I would say we only have one truly soft guy on this team anyways, he wears #7. If you consider Calderon white, then he and Kleiza are much "harder" than just about the whole team, minus Joey, Reggie and JJ.
    ok, we don't need anymore white guys on this team and i'm not racist
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
      lol... riiiiiiiiiight ( as i roll my eyes)

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
        That's a pretty racist comment. It shouldn't matter if a guy is white, black, yellow, green, purple - it just matters if they can ball.

Comment

i think what knickz means to say is he doesnt know what racism means. therefore his comment is not racist... or am i missing something?

also whenever people say " im not racist" it means theyre racist... if somone was not racist they dont need to explain to others theyre not racist. IMO of course.

you might be better off deleting your "white guy" comment now. that stuffs not cool .
          Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Apr 23, 2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I feel like the #1 and #2 picks are pretty set at this point. it looks like whoever selects 1st will take irving and 2nd pick will take williams. everyone seems to thin that the next player taken will be a C in either Kanter or Val. all 4 of the players have been dissucssed to death at this point so id like to bring up a player who has been forgoten.

i metioned this in the "draft thread" but the only 2 players in the draft that i see as BC material are williams and knight. both are athletic players with the will to improove, good leaders, good attitude, and both player multiple possitions.

also knight was the best pg in thee nation comming out of high school, he played for kentucky and made it to the ncaa finals.

If we dont get a high enough pick ( 1 or 2 / - irving or williams) we should strongly consider knight with the 3rd pick. Knight is listed as the 2nd best pg in the draft after irving ( who didint even play) PG's are a must have in the NBA and i ihnk knight could turn into a very solid PG. many have said he is more of a SG buth i think he would have no problem playing a pg. plus if he can play both he can be a good pairing with bayless.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight - player profile from nbadraft.net

Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability … Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court …. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble … Strong one on one player … Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move … Very creative passer … Quick decision maker … A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations … High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion … Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game … His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school … Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point … Good shooter off the dribble … An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man … Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school … Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future …
            Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Apr 24, 2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Thing is, I could totally see Cleveland (if in fact drafting first) taking Williams and then Knight/Kemba with the Clippers pick. If we can somehow get the second pick we'd still be in play for Irving
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Thing is, I could totally see Cleveland (if in fact drafting first) taking Williams and then Knight/Kemba with the Clippers pick. If we can somehow get the second pick we'd still be in play for Irving
                That is a very real possibility depending on the draft order. When you consider DE's top 8:

Irving
                Williams
                Valanciunas
                Walker
                Knight
                Biyombo
                Kanter
                Veesley

and then consider MIN, WSH, and Utah may not go for PG's - one of Knight or Walker could be available around 8.

Comment

One player that has really peaked my interest is Enes Kanter. My fear however is that he may not be big enough to play the five.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Thats like the last thing to worry about with Kanter
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We can still get him next year!
                      do you really want them to be that shit again?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        One player that has really peaked my interest is Enes Kanter. My fear however is that he may not be big enough to play the five.
                        Draft Express last year listed him as height with shoes: 6'10.5, weight: 255, wingspan: 7'1. And he was 17 at the time. There's a good chance he's grown since then and even if he hasn't, those are good enough measurements to play the center position. Hell, Ben Wallace won Defensive Player of the Year 3 times while measuring an inch shorter.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          do you really want them to be that shit again?
                          It's not a question of want.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            raps need to draft enes kanter and start him along side bargs that would be a good front court as kanter is a tough rebounding big man id take enes kanter with the 3rd pick in the draft
                            can't remember the last time I read a post that made me mini-vomit inside my own mouth... this one sure did
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                              raps need to draft enes kanter and start him along side bargs that would be a good front court as kanter is a tough rebounding big man id take enes kanter with the 3rd pick in the draft
                              bargnani is so shit that you could put dwight howard beside him and he'd still look bad and make dwight howard look bad in the process.

Comment

We can still get him next year!
                                So close.

Comment

Working...
                                X