X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    TPE for Gortat.

Gortat and Pietrus for TPE and Kleiza
    I really like that idea.We get good center,and 3point shooting WITH good defense.I'd do it in a minute.I'm not sure Phoenix would do it.They like Gortat and Kleiza is still gonna be injured for half of next season..but if they are willing to do it...F#$^ YEAH!!!

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
      I really like that idea.We get good center,and 3point shooting WITH good defense.I'd do it in a minute.I'm not sure Phoenix would do it.They like Gortat and Kleiza is still gonna be injured for half of next season..but if they are willing to do it...F#$^ YEAH!!!
      Its semi-realistic.

Financially i think its possible, morally i also dont think the suns would part with Gortat specially Lopez is struggling. But they took turk last year so that would tell me they would go into any trade if convinced. Kleiza might be coming off an injury but he's young and can score which the Suns sorely lack. TPE and Bargnani might be doable as well

Comment

Zaza Pachulia for TPE

If ATL want to keep Crawford I'd inquire about Pachulia. The Hawks already have $64.3M tied up in 7 players WITHOUT Crawford.

Pachulia + 2nd round pick for TPE.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the TPE could be combined with another player in one transaction.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the TPE could be combined with another player in one transaction.
            You are right if you are including the TPE to make numbers work without absorbing a salary i.e. you just can't throw $9M in to the equation and say, "Voila!"

However a trade with multiple players is permitted as long as the TPE is used to absorb an entire salary and all other components of the trade meet the rules or if the salary absorbtion makes the rules fit that is good too. The key is a salary must not be larger than the TPE.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              TPE for Gortat.

Gortat and Pietrus for TPE and Kleiza
              I like that ... Pietrus can defend and shoot the three, and gortat is a very under appreciated big, who can defend and score.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Hahaha, let's offer copper for gold and see what happens!

I can almost guarantee Phoenix has deemed Gortat untouchable. Either that, or they're going to be asking for a helluva lot more than some cap space and that waste of space Kleiza. To say Gortat is under-appreciated is semi-uneducated. In Orlando, YES. In Phoenix? Whaddya live under a rock?!

Could we go after Robin Lopez? It's more of a possibility than Gortat after his performance to end the season.

Comment

As far as the Pachulia thoughts - I can definitely get behind that. I've been a Zaza fan for many years, he just knows how to get his hands dirty. Definitely a Kurt Rambis type that we haven't had since Oakley.

Comment

Someone mentioned anderson vajreao, i reallly like that idea he is set to earn about 7 to 8 million the next few seasons and we could use our tpe with him. he is a big body that defends, rebounds, alter shots, he is a pest, takes charges, hustles hard and can step out to about 15 feet consistently on a jumper. Red Flag coming off a serious right ankle tendon injury however id be willing to invest in him.

Comment

Can the TPE be used to buy draft picks?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Only if you are bringing back a fat contract with them. Usually one bigger than what is left on the TPE, but not unheard of.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Only if a contract of equal or lesser value is brought back with the pick.

Also, teams are permitted to buy a draft pick for up to $3M - it is also the limit allowed to be included in trades.

Comment

I dig Pachulia, he's got a reasonable contract, tough kid, but with him being on a reasonable contract and Atlanta's payroll being at 65 million next season for just 7 players, I'd be more inclined to think that they might hang onto him.

Comment

I think the nuggets would be up for a trade or deal

TPE for Chris Andersen
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X