Noah versus Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah versus Amir Johnson

I am looking at Noah play today and I am looking at his profile in NBA.com.

Noah is ONLY 6'11" which is the same height as guess who ? Amir Johnson
    Noah is ONLY born in 1985 and Amir is Born in 1987 so Amir is two year younger.

Both guys came to the league same size, both kinda skinny for their position.

Noah embraced his role as a defensive stopper, a Center in this league, spent time in the gym, added to his bulk, focused on the work and ...
    Now, he is one of the most prominent Centers in the league.

On the Other hand, Amir is NOT willing to accept the challenge that my team needs a center and I have the height and the supposed defensive ability. Why don't I take it as a challenge to myself and say, Hey, I am going to spent time in the gym and Bulk up and be that defensive Stopper that you need ?? There is no Need for you to bring in a guy, I am your GUY. I am your leader ( he claims he wants to be the leader) and hence, I will work hard to address your need because at the end of the day:

What does Noah have that I DON'T ???

But too bad. Amir does not say these things but asks for a Center to Bail him out.
    He asks for a big brother to fight his battles while he creates a youtube video !!!
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:27 PM. Reason: Why make the size of your post bigger? We all can read the normal sized font just fine.

Why are you making such a big deal out of this? And Amir came in the league measured at 6'9", btw.

Comment

Noah played 3 seasons at a top-notch school and got ample playing time. Amir came straight out of high school and got little playing time while in Detroit. It's one thing to work and hone/perfect your skills in practice, and it's another to actually get playing time in an actual game and be able to put those skills to use. Noah was getting 20-plus minutes right out of the gate. This is the first time in Johnson's 6 years in the league that he's averaged over 20 minutes - and he put up some solid numbers.

In terms of body, Noah is 2 inches taller and much heavier than Johnson (at least 20-25 pounds heavier). Noah's body could withstand to play the 5. He had the length and height, plus he's heavier than Amir. Now, Amir has length, but not as much as Noah, and one of Amir's best attributes is his quickness. If he puts on weight, I don't think Amir could handle rigours of playing the 5, especially being undersized, plus he'd lose some of that quickness. Asking the guy to be the regular 5 next season shouldn't be an option. And to say that he's not helping his team by wanting to become the team's starting centre is a bit unrealistic.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
        Why are you making such a big deal out of this? And Amir came in the league measured at 6'9", btw.
        Yes, but he was 18. Based on ever account and looking at him and ... he is almost 7 now.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          Yes, but he was 18. Based on ever account and looking at him and ... he is almost 7 now.
          He's still 6'9". He hasn't grown. At least not to my knowledge. And if he has, please do post your source on it because every site has him listed as 6'9".

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            In terms of body, Noah is 2 inches taller and much heavier than Johnson (at least 20-25 pounds heavier). Noah's body could withstand to play the 5.
            Noah is not 2 inches taller than Amir since Amir is not 6'9" anymore.

You brought up the weight and this is what this whole thread is about. Look at picture of Noah on Draft night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ght-suits-ever

The guy was even skinner than Amir and in 3 season he transofrmed his body. He embraced the role and said I am going to get my body where it should be.

I am asking why Amir is not embracing the role of Center !! Why is not willing to work hard on the body !!!
            The stuff about school and ... is irrelevant. I am not asking Amir to be as good as Noah right now.

I am asking why is he bailing OUT on the role, Why isn't he embracing the challenge ?
            Instead of asking for a center, he could have just said this is going to be his focus because as a " LEADER" of this team, he sees the need of him becoming a 5 so he can be effective beside Ed

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              He's still 6'9". He hasn't grown. At least not to my knowledge. And if he has, please do post your source on it because every site has him listed as 6'9".
              Based on every account. Just do little search on line or look at Buddah fan's older post ( the guy was obsessed with Amir). Amir has grown atlkeast 2 inches since he has been in this league. This was one of selling point of Amir here last summer that he is NOT 6'9".

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2007/1...ury-and-height

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Johnson

"ohnson was selected by the Pistons with the 56th pick of the 2005 NBA Draft. He is listed at 6'9" (2.06 m) and 210 lb (95 kg) but has reportedly grown to 6'11" (2.11m)[1] since being drafted. Known for his athleticism"

http://www.pistonsforum.com/detroit-...spiracy-7.html
              http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress..._johnsons.html

Do you need more sources or can I stop ?
              Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Why do you feel the need to constantly criticize Amir just because Bargnani gets so much criticism? It's pretty transparent.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This is Noah on Draft Day:

http://www.slamdunkcentral.com/2007/...noah-and-gray/

Look at the difference in 3 years. This has nothing to do with being in college and playing. This is a guy who said, I want to be center and I am going to get my body there Versus a guy who said, I need a big brother to help me out since I be too busy making youtube video

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Why do you feel the need to constantly criticize Amir just because Bargnani gets so much criticism? It's pretty transparent.
                    Get off AB's cock for a second, would you ? Why do you think I am discussing Amir because of AB ?? Not everyone is like fixating on one Player and ...

I want Toronto Raptors to be a BETTER TEAM.

We supposedly have a guy who is defensive monster, a rebounding Machine and has the height and all to play a center position ONLY if he gets his ass to the gym and have the dedication that Noah showed to building his body for the position.

However, he chooses to take the easy rout and ask the organization for a Center to Back him up and Claims all our Problems is because the Organization is not giving them the " REAL CENTER ".

That my friend, is bailing out on the team and running away from responsibility.

Comment

It is no doubt Noah packed on the pounds. Between the munchies

Chicago Bull Joakim Noah was arrested in Gainsville, Florida early this morning for violating an open container law, and police later found a joint in a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. He's facing two misdemeanor charges.
                      and the partying

“These are the playoffs, the big games, the victory which really matters,” he added, impatient to be back. “I really want to play. More, Tom Thibodeau doesn’t want me to come during travels. They leave and I have to stay in Chicago. We are in winter here, it’s cold, it’s not funny… So I started to party a little too much. But it’s finished now. I only have five weeks more.”
                      he has been able to pack on the pounds. LOL

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/teams/chic...arty-too-much/
                      http://chicagoist.com/2008/05/25/joakim_noah_arr.php

Comment

Why aren't you demanding that Bargnani, who is bigger and much stronger than Amir take this unnecessary challenge. Hasn't Bargnani said that he needs to get better at rebounding and defense?

Amir simply doesn't have the type of body that can put on enough strength to play center full-time. He probably knows that he and Davis will still get overpowered at times, so we will need a bigger body in there. That's it.

Why are you making such a big deal out of this, honestly? It's not like Amir is going to avoid the gym this offseason. I'm sure he enjoys getting knocked around so much.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

It is no doubt Noah packed on the pounds. Between the munchies
                          and the partying
                          he has been able to pack on the pounds. LOL
                          LOOOLL, I know !! between all that Partying and ... He was still able to become a dominate inside presence and push the like of Amir Johnson around under the basket like they are paper weight !!! Damn !!!

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                            Why aren't you demanding that Bargnani, who is bigger and much stronger than Amir take this unnecessary challenge.
                            I am asking the so called the Leader of this team to Step up. The Most Positive Impact Player, the best defensive player, the best statistically efficient Raptor to Step Up !!!

Why am I making a big deal ?? Read my reply to Tim . Because I want my team to be better. Why shouldn't I make a big of it when I see a skinny kid like Noah can go through this transformation while Amir, our great leader, does not want to even take on the challenge. Accountability Pal, Accountability.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                              Noah is not 2 inches taller than Amir since Amir is not 6'9" anymore.

You brought up the weight and this is what this whole thread is about. Look at picture of Noah on Draft night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ght-suits-ever

The guy was even skinner than Amir and in 3 season he transofrmed his body. He embraced the role and said I am going to get my body where it should be.

I am asking why Amir is not embracing the role of Center !! Why is not willing to work hard on the body !!!
                              The stuff about school and ... is irrelevant. I am not asking Amir to be as good as Noah right now.

I am asking why is he bailing OUT on the role, Why isn't he embracing the challenge ?
                              Instead of asking for a center, he could have just said this is going to be his focus because as a " LEADER" of this team, he sees the need of him becoming a 5 so he can be effective beside Ed
                              Noah skinnier than Amir? When Amir was drafted, he was like 200 pounds. Noah was 225 pounds. How would you say that Noah has tranformed his body? By putting on 8-10 pounds?

How is the stuff about school irrelevant? Noah got top-notch coaching from Billy Donovan and got a chance to hone his skills with playing time.

Like I said in an earlier post, one of Amir's greatest assets is his quickness. If he puts on weight to try to become a 5, he'll lose that quickness.

Comment

Working...
                              X